Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Chapter 15

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 6 reviews

The final chapter of the series...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-09-14 - Updated: 2008-09-14 - 4740 words - Complete

0Unrated
"You can't just leave, you know?" Pete cockily replied.
"Why not?" I demanded.
"We practically own you in terms of your contract. Besides, no ones forcing you to make up your mind now. Give yourself some time," he said and patted me on the head. I winced and pouted, "But I just want to leave...I don't feel my soul purpose of being here anymore."
He sighed and said, "Go back to your room, okay? You're way too impulsive and you know as well as I do that you'd be making an even bigger mistake if you left him again," and grabbed my shoulder and turned me around and shoved me towards my room and shut the door. I went back into my room and sat on the bed and sulked about the mishap of my decision.
"He was supposed to let me go," I complained. Amber rolled over and said, "You knew that wouldn't work. You're being pretty stubborn about this, just go up to him and kiss him. I'm sure it'll make you realize that you're crazy in love with him."
"Don't think that just because we talked about this means that we're friends! You're really starting to annoy me with how much you think you know me!" I yelled. If you haven't noticed, I'm extremely hardheaded.
Then she decided to take a different approach to the situation. She laughed evilly and stood up and got up in my face in said, "I think you're just too scared to admit it! Aw, you're still an immature child on the insi-" I interrupted her with, "Shut up, Amber. You're really pissing me off."
"Whatever," she snickered. As far as I was concerned, I already hated this nosey bitch.


I hate her. So. Much. Ever since the day she arrived, she’s been giving me this snotty attitude that makes me want to rip my hair out!

It’s only been a couple of weeks but I really really strongly wish she wasn’t here. I wanted to confess to Patrick on my own time. Not on hers! When she’s gone…I swear…

We were finally home in Chicago. I was absolutely ecstatic to be back but not the least bit excited by the fact that the boys had sent Amber with us to Pete’s parent’s house.

So, here we are packed into Pete’s bedroom.

There was a knock on the door, but before I had to chanced to notice, Amber was already opening the door. She had a huge grin on her face as she glanced at Patrick and winked at me. I glared at her viciously. Meanwhile, Jaden and Caitlin were busy putting on makeup in the bathroom with the door open.
"Hey, Pete sent me up to tell you that we're going out to dinner tonight at a fairly nice restaurant so dress in something semi-formal,” he informed us. Amber smiled at me and said, "We'll be ready," before bending down and whispering something in his ear, causing him to awkwardly laugh and say, "I'll keep that in mind."
Then he left and she shut the door quickly, due to the fact that I nearly tackled her screaming, "What did you say?"
She grinned and asked, "Why do you care what I said?"
I stuttered, "I-I don't care! Just tell me!"
"No."
I stamped towards her and ordered, "Tell me or I'll," before being interrupted with her replying, "You'll do what?"
"Gah!" I yelled walking away from her and trying to keep myself from hitting her. She shook her head and scolded, "You need to learn to control your temper."
"Meow! Catfight!" Caitlin shouted from the bathroom. I heard her and Jaden giggle and that calmed me down enough so I went into the bathroom to get ready as well.
After finishing up, I decided to go downstairs before everyone else was ready. No one was down there when I reached the bottom of the stairs so I took a seat on one of the armchairs. I started tapping my feet since I liked the click of my high heels against the wooden floor. I got careless and didn't realize that someone walked up.
"Oh wow," I looked up to see Patrick looking shocked about something. He cocked his head sideways and stared at me for a few minutes before I got annoyed and asked, "What?"
He shook himself out of his daze and said, "Oh sorry, it's just I've never seen you look this feminine before. You look gorg-"
"Well hi, Patrick! You look fantastic!" Amber oozed as she interrupted Patrick's compliment. He looked at her funny and then glanced apologetically towards me, as I frowned disappointedly before focusing my attention on the conversation.
Patrick replied to Amber, "Yeah, you look really nice too. That dress really suits you."
Then Pete and Jaden walked downstairs hand-in-hand, looking positively stunning. They looked amazing when together. They really made a perfect couple.
"Oh wow Pete, is that eyeliner you're wearing? Awww, you two match!" Amber enthused.
"Peter and Jada can actually pull off wearing a lot of eyeliner unlike some people," I intended rudely.
This was followed by an awkward silence that was broken by the entrance of Joe Trohman hollering, "Oh, the Trohmaniac has arrived!"
He was wearing a black and white striped long-sleeved hoody with a brown scarf and gray jeans. He looked really good.
Andy and Caitlin walked out of the bathroom, both dressed in formal garments. They looked endearing as well.
Then I observed Patrick's attire. He normally dressed unique but he looked striking in his tan overcoat on top of his blue hoody with a maroon shirt underneath. His hair was lightly fluffed over his eyes and he had a black and white trucker hat on. He was wearing contacts instead of his glasses so his baby blue eyes were more than evident. He looked really attractive.
Then Joe interrupted me from my thoughts with, "Hey! Everyone has coupled up; who is going to be my lucky date?"
I bit my lip nervously as I saw Amber launch herself at Patrick before he could say anything. I smiled halfway so Joe wouldn't think I was disappointed.
"Yay!" he replied happily as he walked up to me and hooked his arm with mine. Smiling, I chuckled as we walked outside to the vehicles parked along the sidewalk. Then we all left to go to the restaurant.

Later
Things had been going pretty well so far, minus the few catty comments me and Amber threw at each other but little did I know, things were about to get a whole lot worse.
"So Pete, why are all your lyrics so angry? I haven't heard one Fall out Boy love song yet and it makes me wonder if you've had any luck with girls," Amber, who was sitting next to me, mentioned to Pete. He shrugged and said, "Girls can be pretty evil sometimes."
"You don't say," I muttered conspicuously while looking straight at Amber before commenting, "love can be the best thing in your life or it can be the worse thing. It all depends on how people respond to it."
Amber then snickered and said, "Yeah. That's kind of how your situation is with Patrick. You lead him on and then you completely ignore the fact that you're completely in love with him!"
My mouth dropped as I stood up and yelled, "What the hell is your problem? It's none of your god damn business on how I handle my love life! It doesn't give you the right to stick your nose in things and ruin everyone's lives!"
She then stood up too and shoved my shoulder and said, "If you don't tell him, you're going to lose him! I hope he fucking abandons you for how long you've been putting him off!" before snatching my wine glass and splashing it on my skirt.
"I hate you!" I screamed as the tears streamed down and my fist flew towards her face. I heard a large crack and the room went dead silent as I looked around and saw nothing but eyes staring at me. Oh, I think I've made a big mistake now.
The silence breaks when I hear Amber sobbing and crying, "She broke my nose! That bitch fucking broke my nose!"
I looked down at my fist and saw that it was drenched in blood. My eyes widened when I realized what I'd done.
"Oh my god...I'm so sorry," was all I managed to get out of my mouth. I looked up to see Jaden and Caitlin standing out of their chairs and following Amber, who ran outside. All the guys were in shock of what just happened. I couldn't blame them. They must think I'm a complete psycho.
I kept on mumbling "oh my god" a million times as I ran to the bathroom and washed my hand off.
"I can't go back out there. They‘re not going to want to see the person who ruined their evening with a trip to the emergency room," I whispered as I dried my hands and walked out the back exit. It was cold out and I hadn‘t brought a jacket. How silly of me to not wear one tonight…I can’t go back. I just can’t face them.

Taking another deep breath, I started running as far away as I could from this mess I’ve created while the cold slowly bit at my skin.


Patrick's point of view
I watched in horror as Nathalie's fist cracked Amber's nose. I had mixed feelings on this event. I was shocked that Nathalie could hit that hard with her eyes shut. I was mad that they would fight about me. I was confused why Nathalie was so bent on running away. And I was worried about where she went.
She legendary for running off when I needed her most. I was still sitting down at the table where Joe then laughed and pointed at me and yelled, "My date totally kicked your date's ass!"
I shook my head at his carefree reaction to such a serious incident. Then I put my hand in the air and jokingly said, "Check please," making Andy, Pete, and Joe laugh for a minute before they all left to go check on Amber and the rest of the girls. I decided to go look for Nathalie. She just ran off into one of the most dangerous cities in the dead of night without a jacket…


I walked around the city for nearly an hour and finally decided that it'd be smarter to look for her with a vehicle. I sat down on a bench and pulled my cell phone out of my coat pocket and called Pete.
"Dude, where'd you go?"
"I went after Nathalie. I can't find her anywhere, dude, and I'm really scared that she's lost somewhere. Do you think you can pick me up in the van and help me look for her?"
"Uh...yeah I can do that. Amber left with Caitlin and Jade to the hospital in a taxi so it's just me; the rest of the guys went back to my place. I'll see you in a little bit then, okay?"
"Alright, bye."
I waited five minutes before Pete came with the van. We then ventured all over the city looking for her and found no sign of her. She'd been gone nearly three hours now and it’s way below freezing outside. I turned to Pete and asked, "Where do you think she'd go?"
He shook his head and said, "I don't know. Maybe she's at the train station."
"But Pete, that’s so far to walk. Do you think she even made it?" I asked cautiously. He shrugged and said, "We might as well check."
I nodded and we started heading towards the train station. From the restaurant, this was a fifteen-minute drive, which meant that it would take nearly an hour to get there on foot. It was below zero degrees out though; she couldn't have made it.
I stared out the window and searched for any sign of human life within all the trees and snow. But then something shiny caught my eye from underneath the snow.
"Pete, pull over!" I yelled and he did so. I opened the door and practically leaped into the snow, which was up to my ankles. I stumbled towards the shiny object and recognized it as the diamond necklace that Nathalie was wearing earlier. I started frantically digging through the snow before I found her cold body practically buried in it. Her lips were light blue and her closed eyes were dark and lifeless.
Pete caught up and helped me get her out of the snow. While carrying her to the van, a million thoughts ran through my mind. What if she…what if she doesn’t make it? Could that actually happen? Inside, I was praying to anyone out there that she’d be okay. My body shook at the thought. She would make it. She had to.
Pete nearly killed us on the way to the hospital as we rushed her in carefully and they took her away behind the big swinging white doors. I always hated hospitals.
I sat in the waiting room and Pete called everyone and told them we were at the same hospital. Caitlin and Jaden had come and sat down by me.
"God, I really hope she's okay. How critical did she look?" Caitlin asked. I sighed and said, "Her lips and fingers were blue and the rest of her was extremely pale. She wasn't shivering though and she was unconscious."
She bit her lip as Jaden broke out into tears and started shaking. Then Caitlin looked up at me and said, "That's stage two hypothermia...but if the shivering stopped then it means it's heading into stage three..." before gradually tears formed in her eyes and she said, "Stage three is terminal."
I felt my gut tense up as I looked and saw Pete talking to Andy on the phone while rubbing Jaden’s back for comforting.
"Where's Nathalie?" I glanced up and saw Amber with a huge band-aid over here nose.
"Intensive care," I answered bluntly, my eyes staring at the far wall.
"What?" she screamed and ran over to me, "Is she alright? What happened?"
"She did what she always does. She ran," I said glumly. I was trying to be strong through all this but I could feel my stability weakening. But my heart literally stood still as the doctor came up to me and said, "Hello, are you the man who brought Nathalie Hurley in?"
I nodded and he sighed and said, "Well, we've pumped ounces of warming fluids into her and she seems to be taking it well. We're working on getting her body temperature up right now but since you're rather important to her, we were hoping maybe you could talk to her and help regain her memory since she's suffering through temporary amnesia."
I was terribly afraid as I stood up and looked at the solemn faces of my friends. I started walking after the doctor as he lead me into a long white hallway that reeked of the hygienic smell of chemicals. I followed the doctor until he turned right and stopped in a doorway.
"She's in this room right here. If you need any assistance, press this button," he said while pointing to a large red button on the wall.
I nodded and walked in and watched as the doctor left me alone. She was lying on a large bed that was covered in therapeutic blankets. Her skin was still pale but her lips were no longer blue. I decided to say something and witness this temporary amnesia for myself.
"Nathalie?" I stated more like a question. I felt nervous from this enclosed room and the large doctor's utensils hanging everywhere. My heart pounded loudly in my head.
She said something but her voice was very muffled and scratchy-sounding. I inched forward and said, "Say again?"
"Why would a gigantic purple teddy bear visit little ole' me?" she said again, confusing me terribly. I then corrected her and said, "No, this is Patrick. Don't you remember me?"
She blankly stared at the ceiling as she mumbled, "Patrick..."
Then she said, "I don't know anybody named Patrick," which hurt me like a stab in the heart. She was slowly moving but not by much. She was still very weak and I didn't want to provoke her and make her have a seizure or something.
I inched even closer to her side and extended my hand out to grab her hand. She didn't do anything and instead just said, "Why does every guy just try to get in my pants? The only guy who wasn't a jerk was Mr. Moopolopolys. He was such a cutie...what happened to him? Oh yeah! The green eyed monster in my soul punched out the prissy little missy and I ran away!"
Well, this sounded oddly familiar to the situation earlier where she had punched Amber in the nose after arguing about me...what an odd way to word it though.
Then she looked up at me and asked, "Why did you date that evil girl?"
"Uh," I mumbled as she started to freak out at me.
"Every time I tried to love you, you would always be in some kind of funk and would ignore me! We could've been something!" she screamed at me causing me to slowly back away. Her breathing got heavy and I saw her eyes roll into the back of her head as her heart monitor started beating out of control before one long "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep."
I stood there for a moment, trying to take in exactly what just happened and if it was really happening at all.

I ran to the button and pressed it several times causing a million nurses to charge into the room. The room turned to chaos as a nurse pressed a button on the intercom and signaled, "Code blue. Repeat code blue. This is not a drill!"
Two nurses started to shove me out of the room but not before I witnessed what they were going to do. They had whipped out the paddles and were going to charge electricity through her.
As the nurses held me back, I screamed out impulsively, "Nathalie, you have to make it through! You can't give up on me! I never did anything with Amber, I swear!" before finally being dragged out with my face drenched in tears.
Andy took my hand and helped me off the ground and hugged me. I felt more tears slip down my face as I mumbled, "Code blue...she stopped breathing. She‘s gone…”

It's a strange way of saying that I know "I'm supposed to love you"
"I'm supposed to love you"


"You don't know that. She can come back. She's not dead until she's declared dead on paper," Andy said bolder than I've ever heard him.
"But I watched her go-" I started to say but at that moment a doctor walked out of those huge doors and I parted away from Andy and the doctor came up to me with a smile.
"I don't have a clue of what your relationship with her was but I swear to God, you're a miracle worker. I've only seen a few cases like this but I really think it was you who saved her. She came back and her heart rate went back to normal and her memory is back. There are almost always complications after cardiac arrest like arrhythmias or seizures but I'm amazed at what happened here tonight. It's truly one of those once in a lifetime miracles, I'd say," he said and shook my hand, obviously in shock. My heart beat slowly started beating faster as the happiness kicked in.
"Aw man, thank you so much," I said and hugged him.
"No problem, it's my job. But you can visit her now. Your whole group can."
I turned around and everyone was jumping up and hugging each other. It was truly one of the happiest moments of my life. I walked down that hallway and into her room and sat down right beside her. Her eyes opened and she smiled. Her eyes had that sparkle of life in them and they gave me the fuzziest feeling inside. She reached out and grabbed my hand and said, "Patrick, I-I died. I saw where I was going. But I couldn’t leave. Your words hit me hard and leaving you here alone...I couldn’t do it. I love you so much. I can‘t believe that I was such an idiot."
I smiled widely and I felt my cheeks grow warm as I sat closer and whispered, "I love you too. I always have," and I leaned over her and kissed her softly on the lips.
"It’s about time!” said a voice coming from the door way. I didn't have to look up to know who it was. It was Amber. She had been trying to make this work since the moment she arrived and although she earned a broken nose for putting her nose in our business, she still deserved a thank you.. Jaden, Caitlin, Andy, Pete, and Joe all spread out through out the room. It was like a moment out of a movie. A really corny movie, at that.
I was about to say my thanks when I was interrupted by Nathalie who said it for me.
"Thank you for caring so much, Amber. I'm sorry I let my anger get the best of me and I broke your nose. I'll admit it now, in front of everyone, that I, Nathalie Lynn Hurley, am in love with Patrick Marten Stump. And I‘m a total idiot for not seeing it so clearly before."
The room filled with cheers from our friends and I decided to take this moment to ask her an important question that I think she'd like to hear, "Well, Nathalie Lynn Hurley, will you move in with me at my house in Chicago?"
Her jaw dropped and she said, "I'd love to!"

Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the closet
Wishing to be the friction in your jeans


2 years later

In Nathalie's point of view
So, I moved into Patrick's wonderful house in the beautiful city of Chicago that I'd been waiting to go home to since the beginning of time. But I don't think anything before could beat my happiness now. Today was the anniversary of the day Patrick and I met five years ago at Pete's house back at the very beginning. Back then; we were nothing but a couple of clueless eighteen year olds who had no idea of the future we'd experience with each other.
So, Fall Out Boy had released their second major label album called "From Under the Cork Tree" and their first single was "Sugar, we're going down" which become number one on TRL for several weeks. Pretty much, ever since then, they've had plenty of success. Currently, they're working on their second video for a song called, "Dance, Dance". I don't get to see Patrick as often as I'd like but it's not like we're married. Besides, he had an important job and I couldn't be more proud of his achievement.
As for the rest of us, we kind of split up during the launching of FOB's success. Jaden was still together with Pete and the two of them were very pleased. Well, one was because she was with teenage America's hottest male musician and two was because he was one of the most fascinating guys in the universe.
Amber had her baby and actually ended up getting back together with Levi, who after loads of physical persuasion by the entire band of Fall out boy, finally got used to the idea of having a kid around. They both became the very first runway models for Clandestine Industries, Pete's clothing brand.
And Caitlin had gotten married to Andy, and was officially both my half-sister and my sister in-law, making Andy my half-brother in-law. How convenient. She still worked as a roadie but was promoted to top roadie managing, which meant she got to boss everyone around instead of doing any ‘actual’ work.
And as for me, I became a professional photographer for a Chicago fashion magazine. Pete asked if I wanted to be their photographer still but I politely turned him down, since I wanted to stay in Chicago.
Today, I had a day-off since it was a special day for Patrick and me. He promised to call me today but he's yet to do so.
After a long while of waiting (approximately two hours), he finally called me.
"Hey sweetie, how are you?" he asked when I picked up.
"I'm doing alright. So is there anything special you wanted to say to me today?"
"Um, I love you?"
I sighed and said, "Well, I love you too but I mean, was there anything out of the usual you wanted to say?"
It was quiet for a few seconds and then he said, "Oh, it's Tuesday, right? Ha ha, I'm just kidding with you, babe, happy anniversary!"
I smiled and said, "Can you believe it? It's been five years since we first met!"
"Oh, I know. I've got a surprise for you though. Go and stand on the deck."
"But what would be out-" I paused in mid sentence and dropped the phone when I saw Patrick standing in the yard with his guitar strapped around his neck. He hung up his phone and started playing something on his guitar. It sounded something like this.
"I've been really tryin', baby
Tryin' to hold back this feeling for so long
And if you feel like I feel, baby
C'mon, oh, c'mon, ooh
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's love, baby
Let's get it on, sugar
Let's get it on, ooh
We are all sensitive people
With so much to give
Understand me, sugar
Since we've got to be here
Let's live
I love you
There is nothing wrong with me
Loving you, we can love on
And giving yourself to me can never be wrong
If the love is true
Oh baby, ooh
You don't have to worry
I ain't gonna push, won't push you baby
So c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby
Stop beatin' 'round the bush
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
You know what I'm talkin' about
C'mon, baby
Let your love come out
If you believe in love
Let's get it on
Let's get it on, baby
This minute, babe
And if the spirit moves you
Let me groove you
C'mon let your love come out
If you believe in love
Let's get it on
"


When he finished, he smiled at my awe and put down his guitar and got down on his knee and pulled out a ring box. He opened it and said, "Nathalie, you are the love of my life and I couldn’t be more sure about how I feel. I love being with you, singing in front of you, kissing you, the whole package. I love you so much and I hate that I couldn't make a better speech before I ask you this, but, Nathalie Lynn Hurley, will you marry me?"
My jaw dropped and I literally screamed for five seconds before running down the stairs and jumping into his arms.
"Yes I will, I love you so much!" I cried before putting my hands on his cheeks and kissing him passionately. He pulled the ring out when I pulled away and placed the ring on my left hand.
This day was indeed the best day of my life. My life isn't even done yet either.
"So, I was thinking we should move to LA since Chicago is so two years ago, you know?" he said in a joking voice. I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to my face and kissed him before saying, "Sorry love, but my heart is in Chicago and you've got the world right here."
Sign up to rate and review this story