Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Chapter 14

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 1 review

...Amber arrives...let the chaos begin.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-09-04 - Updated: 2008-09-05 - 1993 words - Complete

0Unrated
"http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/xXEmoRiFiCXx/Blonde.jpg":
Name: Amber Denise Douglass

Age: 18

Personality: Childish, nosey, abnormally optimistic and very high maitainance. She has an emotional side but no one ever sees it.

Who she is: Patrick's Ex-girlfriend.

"http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/xXEmoRiFiCXx/?action=view¤t=orig-4221631.jpg":
Name: Levi Marten Thompson

Age:22

Personality: Hes not really in the story but I figured you could at least have a visual + description.

Who he is: Obviously, the guy who knocked up Amber.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So, that was the end of that. Patrick called Amber and they had arranged for her to come when warped tour was over. The events that lead up to it all flew by so fast.
Right now, I'm standing with Pete, Andy, Joe, and Patrick in a hallway inside of an airport in Philadelphia waiting for a girl I didn't want to meet or have anything to do with. Do you wonder how it ended up here? We ended up getting in a van accident on our way to New York, where Amber lives. We slid on black ice and ended up crashing into a forest. No one got severely injured other than a few cuts and bruises and freezing fingers. We were stranded in the middle of nowhere for a few hours before we could get picked up by a towing service. We rented a suburban and called Amber and Patrick bought her a ticket so she could fly down her. How fortunate for her.
I sighed and scanned the crowds of people for her. I didn't even know what she looked like so it's not like I really expected to find her. Of course, I would've loved if I never had to see her at all. But that just wasn't my luck. A gorgeous blonde haired girl walked towards our large group and she embraced Patrick. She had chopped hair at the top and her makeup stood out vibrantly and very professional looking. She was beautiful. I felt absolutely crushed and my ego was reduced to crumbs simply by looking at her. She was the same height as Pete and was really thin compared to me. I actually had always been considered normal-sized and I knew I was. But when standing next to Amber, I felt obese.
She looked like a model. How could this be the girl who cheated on Patrick? She didn't even look the slightest bit pregnant, although no one would this early. I felt like a bad person because the whole way here, I had been wishing that she would be hideous. I should've known better.
She was so young. She was only sixteen when her and Patrick were together. The thought makes me cringe. She's only eighteen now. When I was eighteen, I was way too immature to be dealing with what she's dealing with now…come to think of it, I'm still way too immature to deal with that.
The confident image of myself that I once had was now minimized to gum underneath a shoe. No exaggeration. She was perfect.
I watched as she greeted Andy with a huge hug as if she'd known him her whole life. He was thrown off and glanced at me with a look that was filled with confusion and anger. I shook my head and she walked up to me. I was staring at the ground so the first thing I saw was her feet standing in front of me causing me to look up from my insecure gaze at the floor.
"Hi, my name is Amber! You must be Nathalie!" she introduced herself in a high-pitched squeal. I just stood there and stared blankly and she hugged me and squeezed really hard and oozed, "I hope that while I'm here, we become best friends!"
She smiled widely as she let me go and I accidentally released a huge exhale from the suffocation she had just made me endure. She pouted at my reaction and looked over at the guys, where Pete intervened with, "Oh, don't mind her; she's not used to..." he trailed off and looked over at my glowering expression and said, "lighthearted welcomes."
I sighed agitatedly and glared at him before rushing ahead of everyone and angrily biting my lip to keep me from saying anything. Instead, I eavesdropped the conversation going on behind me with Amber and Patrick.
"So how was your flight?" he asked politely.
"Horrible! There was this mean old guy who sat next to me and he complained about how he can't keep a job and how modern society is crashing towards the end of humanity the entire way here!" she complained in a whiny childish voice.
"Oh, sorry you had to go through that trouble. But was there any problem with the staff?"
"Not really," she said before whispering loudly, "Look! There's the old guy now! He's sooooo ugly, isn't he?"
The guy looked over at her and him and scoffed out a, "God damn kids these days."
Patrick let out a soft laugh as we reached the luggage carrier. We waited for a whole ten minutes before the two largest bags came into our view.
"Those are mine!" she shouted excitedly. Why was this girl so happy? What was there to be happy about? She seemed too stupid to get pregnant. I don't even want to imagine how that pregnancy came to be. I continued to scowl uncouthly.
"So, tell me something. What made Levi leave you?" Patrick asked her. She bit her lip and said, "Well, I told him I was pregnant and he just freaked out. I guess he wasn't ready for a kid yet...I don't believe in abortion. But…I really really do miss Levi."
I turned around, suddenly feeling sorry for her. She looked a sad little girl. Her eyes looked lonely when she talked bout him. Maybe she was human...but that still didn't mean I had to like her. What can I say? I’m stubborn.

I've got a sunset in my veins and I need to take a pill to make this town feel okay


I rode in the front since I didn't want to sit in the back with her . Andy drove us to the hotel where we had two rooms. Each room held four people. That would mean that there are four guys and four girls. Caitlin and Jaden were already in the room and had already decided which bed they wanted. I have to sleep with Amber for tonight, unfortunately.
"Hey, Jade and I are going to go hang out downstairs in the lobby. You coming?" asked Caitlin as soon as I settled all my stuff down. I shook my head and said, "No, I'm going to try and catch up on some rest. See you later."
I went and laid down on my side of the bed. Then as soon as I shut my eyes, the hotel door slammed open and in came Amber rushing ahead of Patrick and Pete who were both carrying her two HUGE bags.
They set them down with a loud thump and Amber crooned, "Thanks for helping me, boys!" as they walked over to their room across the hall. As soon as she shut the door to our hotel, she immediately plopped on the other bed and whipped out her phone and started texting. The clicks and beeps were getting on my nerves so I politely asked, "Do you mind turning that off? I'm trying to sleep."
She didn't even look up. She just murmured, "Sorry. I can't. I'm in an argument with Levi."
I sat up and said, "Excuse me? I thought he left you! I mean, isn't that why you're here?"
She glanced up and explained, "Yeah, he ditched me and kicked me out of our apartment. I'm still working on trying to get back with him but he just doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore. This is so stupid because it's his fault!"
I mumbled an, "Mhmm," in a attempt to ignore her.
"Oh my god! He found out I'm staying with Patrick! What if he drives down here tonight and breaks into their hotel room and tries to strangle him?" she squealed. I rolled my eyes and asked, "Is your boyfriend some kind of homicidal maniac?"
"No..."
"Then don't worry about it. Patrick wouldn't try anything," I said nonchalantly, even though I was really trying to avoid the subject.
It was silent for a few moments before she asked, "You love him, don't you?"
I nearly fell off the bed from startle before screaming, "Why would you ask that? I don't even know you for one day and already you're asking weird questions about my love life! Do me a favor and mind your own damn business."
I turned my back on her and it was like I swear I could hear her smile before alleging, "So you do love him? Aw, that's so cute!"
"Shut up! You don't know anything about me," I spat coldly. I’ve never been more irritated in my life.
"Well, I only know from what Patrick's told me about you and he talks about you a lot!" she replied cheerfully.
"Really?" I caught myself asking before shaking my head saying, "No, I don't care!"
She sighed and said, "Denial."
Rolling my eyes, I laid back down and stared at the ceiling.
She laughed and said, "Patrick's a great catch. He's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. He just wasn't the right one for me...he was too hung up on you."
"...Tell me more," I said suddenly interested in her choice of words. She smiled and sighed dreamily before saying, "Well, when we were dating, it just didn't seem like we were connecting. He wasn't really that interested in me and I didn't know why at first. I asked him and he told me about a girl he liked and how she disappeared," she trailed off while I awkwardly crossed my legs before continuing, "I didn't mean to cheat on him. It wasn't planned. I fell in love with someone else. Simple as that. But I was too scared to tell him because he was so nice."
She sighed and explained, "And that's when he found out the hard way. He walked in on me and Levi having sex and he left right on the spot. I felt horrible and that's why I was really surprised that he let me stay with you guys...you were that girl he was talking about, right?"
I remained silent as I took this all in.
"Yeah," I answered finally after five minutes of silence.
"He finally found you again. I'm so proud of him!" she oozed before saying, "I am so envious of you, Nathalie. I mean, that has to be fate. You seem confused on your feelings but I bet if you really think it over, you'll understand what to do. But you can't run away."
...
...
...
...
...

...

...

...

...
"I need to go home," I said suddenly. She was so startled that she fell off the bed.
"What?" she shouted.
Ignoring her, I stood up slowly and walked out the door and across the hall. I knocked on the door to the boys room and Pete opened it.
"Hey, do you need something?" he asked. I shook my head and said, "Pete, tell everyone I'm sorry."
"Sorry for what?" he asked puzzled. I looked at the ground and said, "I'm going back to Chicago."
"Why?" he shouted higher pitched than usual. I frowned and said, "I want to go sort my life out for myself and try to understand my real feelings before I rush into something and make a big mistake...I'm sorry, but I quit," and handed him my camera, which had hung around my neck like a medallion.
You want apologies, girl, you might hold your breath until your breathing stops forever, forever
Sign up to rate and review this story