Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Chapter 13

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 1 review

A really sad chapter...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-09-01 - 1751 words - Complete

0Unrated
After the show [I didn't feel like writing anymore fill-in bullshit, you know?]

Everyone had left as I stood outside of the backstage area waiting for Patrick to come out. As the door swung open, my heart lurched to a halt. But it was only Pete. Walking out, he stopped by me, a look of anxiety on his face as he told me, "He's stalling…but be patient with him because his past caught up with him today," before hugging me and muttering, "good luck, here he comes."
Looking up, I saw the exhausted expression on Patrick‘s face. I couldn't tell whether if it was from the stress or the fact that he just played an hour show. As he approached me, I wearily kept my distance because the last thing I'd want is for him to grow impatient with me. He sighed tiredly as I asked, "What happened today?"
"A phone call," he said in deep voice that startled me, "from a girl I didn't want to talk to."
I stared at my feet. I could only begin to think of the long list of possibilities. My lips trembled as he spoke again.
"Remember when you left three years ago? Well, after the first few months, I finally gave up on seeing you again so I started dating this girl named Amber. We dated for a year and then we broke up because she cheated on me with another guy. Well, it turns out that she ended up getting pregnant from this same guy and he left her. She has no family so she has nowhere to go…and she wants to stay with us for a little while," he grumbled in a rough tone. It was obvious that he had been stressing about it since the phone call.
"What're you going to do?" I asked nearly in a whisper. His head hung low as he murmured, "I don't know," before looking up into my eyes for the first time this entire conversation. He asked innocently, "How do I say no?"
I shook my head and answered, "Patrick, I’ll be completely honest with you. I don't think you have a choice. Even if you don't want her here, if she has nowhere else to go, you can't just abandon her. That is just cruel."
He rubbed his head and said surreptitiously, "The truth is, I never wanted you to have to meet her. I figured you'd be appalled at knowing that I was with someone else for a little while…"
I shrugged and replied, "Well, that depends. How serious were you two?"
He bit his lip and repeated, "How serious were we? Compared to what?"
Shit. He was onto my curiosity...shutting my eyes, I blurted agitatedly, "Compared to ours, stupid!"
God, he was so clueless sometimes.
His shocked face mouthed, "Oh," as he sheepishly mumbled, "Just a teeny bit more serious than ours…"
My mouth hung open a little as I retorted, "You're not leaving her alone, Patrick. I don't care if I have to suffer being around one of your ex-girlfriends! Why would I care?"
Okay, so I was totally lying when I said that. I did care. A lot. But he can't leave her like that...that’d be a total asshole move on his part. Anyway, it's going to bug me whether she comes or not so we'll lean on the side that gives her a chance. Besides, I'm sure she can't be that bad...right? RIGHT?
Oh...I'm so screwed.
Then, I felt the nerve to ask, "How far along is she?"
"Not very far at all. I think she found out a few weeks ago," he admitted, which led me to let out a huge "Ugh," before omitting, "This is going to be a long nine months."
"Oh," Patrick said before clarifying, "she wants to stay for longer then 9 months."
I could feel my level of agitation rising higher and higher. I don’t know how much of this I could take. It almost felt like she was more important than me and I didn’t even know her! I was literally on my last nerve and what he said next just sent me over the edge.
"Yeah…she's four years younger than us."
My mind did the math. And what came next was unintended as my open palm made its handprint on his cheek. His mouth dropped open and he shouted, "What did I do?"
"You went out with a sixteen year old? That's fucking illegal! What the hell were you thinking?" I yelled furiously as I threw punches at him. Grabbing my hands and holding me down, he tried making an excuse by saying, "Well, she was a really mature sixteen year old! Besides, she's eighteen now."
A frustrated scream escaped my lips before I stomped off, ignoring the sound of him shouting in the background, "But you're the one who said she should stay!"
I raised my middle finger in the air as I stomped back and punched the side of the bus as hard as I could. By this time, tears were streaming down my face spontaneously making their way to soaking my shirt. How could he say those things without thinking? Am I just a toy to him?
Who cares if she's eighteen now? Was he planning on getting back together with her or something? He’s acting like it’s alright that he did those things back then.
Back in reality, I heard loud footsteps running towards me. Looking away fearfully, I hid my head underneath my hood.
"Oh my god, sweetheart, you're a mess!" Pete cried as he bent down and picked me up since by this point, I had exhausted myself into a frenzy of hormones to the point where I couldn’t move.
"You're bleeding," he said as he looked at my fist cautiously. He tried to unravel my mangled fist but shied away when I started crying from the throbbing and told him, "Don't do that. It hurts!"
"Sorry," he apologized before grabbing some ice to numb the pain, "I saw the whole thing, I'm so sorry. We really didn't know any of this would happen."
I shook my head and with my open hand covered my face before I stifled out, "Don't remind me. I really don't want to do this..."
"Shh," he quieted me down and said, "Don't worry about that right now. I want you to calm down for a few minutes okay?"
I nodded and whimpered, "Thanks for being so nice to me, Pete. I'm sorry that I used to be so mean to you. You've changed so much."
He halfway smiled before noticing two pairs of eyes looking in from the bunks. He shook his head and said, "Jaden, Caitlin, I believe your friend is in need of extreme comfort."
They both came and sat on each side of me. Jaden laid her shoulder on mine and said, "It won't be as bad as you think."
"It'll be worse," I said in a barley audible whisper.
"Where's Andy?" I asked suddenly. Andy has always been the one who comforted me in times like these and now, in one of the worst situations in my life, he's nowhere to be found.
Pete answered after he finished bandaging up my hand, "I don't know where he went. He was with Joe and me when the accident happened. We were right around the corner. But you should probably go find him cuz he’s probably questioning his brotherly authority.”
"Wow Pete, I'm very impressed with your communicating skills. I underestimated you," said Jaden in response to what Pete said. He smiled and said, "Yeah, I get that a lot," before locking his arm around her waist and pulling her in for a kiss.
"Yeah, I'm going to go now and give you your privacy," I said awkwardly while wiping my tears and mascara stained face. Hopping off the table, I started heading outside.


Cross my heart and hope to die splinter from the headboard in my eye
Photo-proofed kisses I remember so well



I ended up finding Andy standing by himself next to the merch stand.
"Andy, what are you doing here?" I asked him, ignoring my need of comfort.
"I don't know," he said bluntly, making me sigh in need of a better conversation starter.
I groaned and said, "I just had my worst freak out in history and you abandoned me. I need your advice because I'm absolutely hopeless."
He smiled and leaned in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him as if he were someone else and squeezed all my emotion out into him.
"Ouch," he said as he pulled away. I laughed at him and said, "Oops, I forgot you're breakable."
"Shut up," he said and lightly smacked the back of my hair so the part in my hair got all messed up.
"Jerk, you know I hate it when you do that!"
He smiled and started to fix it for me. I smirked and said, "I knew your OCD would get the best of you. Andy, you're so predictable."
His laugh made me smile as I sunk my head down and muttered, "Andy, I'm in a shitty situation. These next few months are going to be miserable for me and you're going to have to find ways to keep me going...I don‘t think I‘m going to be able to control myself."
"Well," he started to say, "I think you should try and bare it and see how that goes. I mean, try to stay on the positive side and be strong. You've got friends to stick with and we'll always watch out for you, kiddo."
"Thanks. I'll really try...but I really don't want to meet her if she cheated on Patrick," I said honestly.
"She wasn't a bad person, I think it was just a mistake. But I'd rather see Patrick with you than anyone else. Just make sure you claim him as yours before the opportunity fades away."
I sighed and said, "I'll probably just runaway."
"Don't say that! It'll come true!"


Always you make my stomach turn
And all the long drives with my friends blur





I bet you thought he was going to be all like "I forgot a condom" or something! It really sounded like that should've been the case but then I'd have to re-write my entire story and that wouldn't be any fun!
Sign up to rate and review this story