Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Chapter 12

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 0 reviews

...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-09-01 - 1285 words - Complete

0Unrated
But as I turned around I realized the person who stood there was...someone I was not familiar with at the time.
"Hi, my name is Kenny. Sorry for startling you, it's just that you were so focused...I couldn't help myself," he said and stuck his hand out. I glanced over at Caitlin, who had an eyebrow raised at the random act he just pulled. Then, I grabbed his hand and lightly shook it and gave him a questioning look before saying, "I'm Nathalie. This is my half-sister Caitlin..." I point to Caitlin who still looked skeptical of this stranger. He noticed our weird stares and said, "Oh, I'm in a band. I'm the singer in The Starting Line. I swear I'm not trying to hit on you! What band are you with?" while pointing at our nametags. Stupid nametags give away everything. They said our job and our full names.
"Fall Out Boy," I answered. His smile perked up and he exclaimed, "Wow, really? We play right before them!"
I t seemed like this boy had a permanent grin glued to his face. He sure smiled a lot and he was pretty cute with his blue eyes and long brown hair.
"So, what are you doing until the show?" he asked. I shrugged and said, "I don't know. We're kind of bored so we decided to go on this walk. What are you doing?"
"Well, you see, that's kind of why I'm here. There's nothing to do in a bus full of dudes," he answered with a little giggle at the end.
"Well, you can come to our bus for a little while until we have to go to the show. Maybe, I can take some pictures of your band too," I suggested politely. He hopped up and down and excitedly asked, "Should I get the rest of the band and meet at your bus?"
I nodded and we started heading towards the bus.

loaded words and loaded friends
loaded guns to our heads





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::NOTE:: It really burdens me to know that The Starting Line was still touring when I originally wrote this story...They are now are on a longterm hiatus, which is the nice term for breaking up.
This man (above) is the famous Kenny Vasoli and he's one of my favorite singers in the industry. Unfortunately, this is one of those good bands that were flattened by stupid crappy labels that screwed up. They really could've been something if they'd found the right one. However, this band will never be forgotten in the minds of their fans. Good luck to The Starting Line! I hope you guys find the life you're looking for.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After a few minutes of being inside, we heard a loud knock on the door and Caitlin ran to open it. She let the boys in and they all took a seat on the couches in the front lounge. There were four of them including Kenny.
Kenny grinned and said, "Your bus is way nicer than ours," before introducing his band mates.
"This is Matt, Mike, and Tom," he said while pointing to each one. I nodded and said, "Nice to meet you guys. So what do you do for fun?"
They looked at each other and smirked as Kenny said, "We like to run around with our shirts off soaking people with water hoses and squirt guns."
I let out a laugh and said, "Wow, that sounds familiar..." while thinking of a picture of Patrick, Pete, Andy, and Joe in their boxers, completely soaked.
I heard a muffled sound and looked over to see Jaden had gotten up and was walking towards us. She took a look at the four boys sitting on the couch and then stated, "There's four of you but you're not the right four that make up Fall Out Boy. Who are you?"
I laughed at her straight-forwardness. She sat down by me and I explained, "Jada, these are the guys from the band The Starting Line. They're our new friends!"
"Cool," she said casually.
We screwed around for a while and took the opportunity to get to know them better before the performance and we'd have to leave to do our jobs. All in all, they were all very sweet and funny.
However, being interrupted during a tickle fight with Kenny was not the highlight of the beginning of this tour.


I'm the kind of kid
That can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing
If it came up and slit your throat




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"I'm tired," Kenny yawned before lying on the floor between the two couches. I saw him shut his eyes and I decided that I'd get him back for scaring me earlier. It wasn't exactly my impulse decision but I should've done a lot more thinking than I did.
I slid down from the couch and sat on his lap and started tickling him. He was a lot more ticklish than I thought he'd be, but that didn't stop my tingling hands. I continued to tickle him until he started crying, "Stop! You got me!" in between laughs.
But right when I stopped, I realized the bus door was open and four new figures were now at front of the bus. I looked up slowly and saw Patrick looking at us like we were five years old. The lounge had become silent and I looked up and casually said, "Oh hi guys."
"Hi," he said softly and walked over us and into the back room where they were supposed to get changed. Pete stood in front of me now and was giving me a funny look that was filled with question as I stood up and asked, "What?"

"Nothing...I see you met the Starting line," he said trailing off. I nodded as the guys talked to each other. I couldn't read the look on Patrick's face as he walked back into the room and remained quiet.
Soon, the starting line left and Andy, Pete, and Joe were standing outside. Jaden and Caitlin had left early to go to their posts so it was just Patrick and I in the bus. It was very quiet between the two of us so when he started walking outside, I grabbed his shoulder and asked, "What's going on?"
He turned around and with a calm but sad look in his eyes, he softly said, "Nothing."
He tried to walk off but I grabbed him again and said, "Patrick, I'm not stupid. I know when there's something wrong."
He sighed and said, "Look, its not a big deal."
I frowned and said, "You say that but I know you don't feel that way. I can tell. Why are you avoiding me?"
"I don't want to tell you right now...but I will after the show. Trust me, you don't want to know now," he exhaled as he walked off without a glance at me. His head was hung low and his voice was hushed. Did something happen?
My mind was racing with thoughts and assumptions that could be placed but I tried not to think about it as I walked to the stage with my camera ready. A large crowd had formed outside of the little barrier, where security stood guard. I walked to the large guy guarding the area in front of the stage and showed him my pass. He stepped aside, allowing me to move around in front of the stage. My anxious mood from before had now sunk into a worried and upset letdown. I was so excited to take pictures of the band, but now, all I had on my mind was Patrick.
Sign up to rate and review this story