Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Gems: The Chosen Ones

The Gems: The Chosen Ones

by hottygirl_013 1 review

Five thousand years ago, four teenage girls locked away the most powerful evil known to man by combining their powers and working together. Now, that evil has reawakened and it is up to the descend...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 1271 words

0Unrated

The Gems: The Chosen Ones
















The Gems Outline:


The Good Guys:

Ruby Simpson: She has fiery red hair and green eyes. She is the princess from Inferno. Her powers are astral projection and control over fire.

Alexander Thompson (Sandy): He has brown hair and blue eyes. He is also Ruby's best friend and protector. With his powers, he is able to move things with his mind and see into other people's dreams.

Sapphire Wilson: This blue haired, brown-eyed girl is the princess from Aqueous. She has power over water and is able to control people's minds.

Cedric Wilson: This blonde, blue-eyed boy is the older brother and protector of Princess Sapphire. His powers allow him to levitate and see into the future.

Emerald Pearson (Em): As the princess of Terrain, this green haired, red-eyed girl has power over the earth and is a shape shifter.

Daniel Hopkins: As the protector of Princess Emerald, this grey-eyed, red haired boy has instant teleportation the ability to talk telepathically as is powers.

Diamond Wilkins (Dye): Also known as, the princess from Zephyr, this white haired, blue-eyed girl has power over the wind and the ability to read minds.

Melvin Williams: This dirty blonde-haired, bluish-green eyed boy is Princess Diamond's protector and one of her closest friends. He is also Princess Ruby's older cousin. He can teleport things with his mind and freeze time.

Theresa Simpson (Terri): As the mother of Princess Ruby, this orange haired, green-eyed woman teaches the young princesses etiquette and manners throughout the story.

Mirabelle Wilson (Belle): The mother of Princess Sapphire and Prince Cedric has blonde hair and blue eyes. She teaches the girls about their ancestors and their duties as The Gems.

Alison Pearson (Alley): This is the mother of Princess Emerald. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She teaches the four new warriors how to ride horses.

Jaycee Wilkins: Princess Diamond's blonde haired, black-eyed mother has her work cut out for her as the woman who teaches the girls and their protectors how to control and use their new found powers.

The Bad Guys:


Tom Williams: This is the father of Melvin and the uncle of Princess Ruby. He turns his back on his family when promised immortality.

Spike: The first lackey of Boris has the ability to throw spikes from his body and is able to lift things ten-hundred times his weight.

Crow: Second in command to Boris's army, Crow has the ability to fly and suck the powers of his enemy.

Boris: The ultimate evil, this evil man can blow things up and has the ability to copy the powers of his opponents and comrades.

Summery: Five thousand years ago, four teenage girls locked away the most powerful evil known to man by combining their powers and working together. Now, that evil has reawakened and it is up to the descendants of those four warriors to defeat him...for the last time. However, there is one tiny little problem...They don't know anything about their powers.
























Prologue




A young girl with fiery red hair and brown eyes sat in a swing set that her father had built for her the previous year, before his death. She was waiting for her best friend, a boy that was at least two years older than she was.

She was not in the least bit surprised that he was late, he always was. She began pumping her legs back and forth, causing the swing to move.

But why did he have to be late today? They were supposed to be going across the river into the forest to pick strawberries and apples.

"Ruby! Hey, Ruby!" the red head looked up to see a boy with brown hair and was at least two years her senior.

"What took you so long, Alexander Thompson?" the young princess demanded as she jumped from the swing and placed her hands on her tiny hips. "Uncle Tom has probably been waiting for an hour. You know he'll get in trouble if Mother finds out that he's taking us into the forest across the lake."

"Well sorry, your highness. But I had to finish my training for today before I could get away. You don't want me to kicked out of the palace do you?"

The seven-year-old pressed her lips together in a little pout and let her arms relax at her sides. "I guess not," she grabbed his hand and began to lead him over to the lake. "C'mon. Let's go. We don't want Uncle Tom to leave us."

As the nine-year-old allowed his best friend to pull him in the direction of their destination he looked at her curiously. "Aren't he and Melvin moving soon?"

The princess nodded. "That's right. They're moving to Zephyr as a way to make peace between the two kingdoms, at least that's what Mother says. Melvin is going to train to be Princess Diamond's bodyguard," she let go of his hand and stopped to look at him. "It's odd thinking of Melvin being someone's bodyguard like you're mine, don't you think so?"

The young knight-in-training shook his head. "Naw. Not really. He's always been pretty tough. He just doesn't show it much," he began to walk in the direction of the lake with her close behind him. "How long until they leave?"

She shrugged. "Mother said that they'll be leaving in a few days," she let out a soft sigh. "I really am going to miss them. This will probably be the last time that Uncle Tom will be able to sneak us over to the forest."

Before her companion could reply, a man with graying brown hair and tired green eyes called out to them from in front of a small boat by the lake. "There you two are! I was beginning to think that I would be crossing the lake alone today."

"Don't be ridiculous, Uncle Tom. If we had decided not to come, I would have sent someone with a message to tell you," the red haired princess said as she rushed forward and gave her uncle a hug. She pulled back and pointed at her friend. "Sandy here was just taking his sweet time with finishing up his training for the day."

The aforementioned boy narrowed his eyes as he walked towards the rowboat on the bank of the lake. "Well excuse me for wanting to be strong enough to actually protect you when I have to," he said huffily as he stepped into the boat. "Next time I'll leave training early. That way if you get attacked, I'll be defeated easily and your attacker will slice you in half."

Ruby pursed her lips together stubbornly. "Don't get all huffy with me, Sandy. I could have you and your parents thrown out of the palace if I wanted."

"You could," Sandy replied as he pulled the princess of Inferno into the rowboat. "But you won't."

"And what makes you think that?" she asked as she sat down.

"Because, you love my family and they'd all hate you if you had us kicked out of the palace. Besides, I'm your best friend. You'd be miserable without me."

Ruby's uncle laughed as he watched his niece cross her arms across her chest and turn her head away from the young boy. He shook his head and began to push the boat until he was knee-high in water. Only then did he jump into the small craft that was to carry them across the lake.

He looked from his niece to Sandy and sighed as he took a seat. It was going to be a quiet ride.




>>
Sign up to rate and review this story