Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 25 Games

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chatper 25

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-19 - Updated: 2008-09-19 - 1355 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 25 Games

The day after Joe and Aina got together she had alittle meeting with Alden. She decided to wear the baby doll top that she got earlier that summer. When she left the bedroom there were a few catcalls that were thrown her way care of her roommates.

"I didn't know you owned something so... fashionable," Jacqueline said.

"Umm... thanks?" Aina said not knowing if that was more of a compliment or an insult.

Joe was in the kitchen washing dishes when Jacqueline decided to say in a lowered voice, "I've been wanting to ask you guys something. Isn't it weird that Mrs. Gilbert always asks Joe to stay back for some reason?"

Luckily for Joe, Mr. Gilbert had been just gotten in town and would be staying for another week or so and he'd be free from Mrs. Gilbert's loft for a while.

"So? Aina and I stay late all the time," Rahul said.

"Yes, but what exactly is Joe doing? And why is it always Joe she asks to stay, but not anyone else?" Jacqueline asked.

"You don't think she's having an affair with him do you?" Chan asked.

"Chan, I think you've been watching too much soap operas," Aina said with a laugh.

"Actually that's exactly what I've been thinking," Jacqueline said. She wanted to tell them about what she heard in the office, but there was something holding her back. "Every time I come back from running errands in the city she seems to be in a better mood," she said instead.

"Well, what about Joe? I mean I know him, he wouldn't be having sex with his boss," Aina countered.

"Joe's never happy when he's around Mrs. Gilbert," Rahul said contributing more to the conversation. "So maybe... he's not doing it willingly."

"You really think Mrs. Gilbert would risk her career by raping one of her employee's that's half her age? And besides none of us are happy when she's around," Aina said thinking this was the craziest thing in the world.

"Well you never know, people are crazy these days," Jacqueline said.

"Peter has been driving Joe back and forth from her loft right? Maybe he knows something... or suspects something? Maybe," Chan said.

"But then wouldn't he have said anything... to anyone?" Aina asked getting a little worried that they might be right.

They all stopped talking when they heard the faucet turn off and the clinking of plates stop.

Joe walked in from the kitchen and stopped in his tracks. "Wow," was all he said.

"I'm glad you like it," Aina said with a smile.

"Yeah, I liked it when you tried it on at the store too," Joe said a little disappointed that she decided to wear it for Alden and not for him. "Why are you going out with him again?"

"Well other than the fact that it would be rude to cancel when he's going to be here in a few minutes, I wanted to show him your song," she said giving Joe a hug and kiss. "And I've already told you about this, it's not a date, I'll make sure to remind him of that and also that I'm taken now."

There was a knock at the door. Chan stood to answer it revealing Alden in nice slacks and a long sleeve button up shirt.

"You look amazing," Alden said when he caught sight of Aina.

"Thanks," she said kind of awkwardly.

"Well let's go. Our reservation is in 30 minutes," Alden said.

Aina waved goodbye to her roommates and walked with Alden to the elevator.

"Wait, reservations?" Aina asked as they waited.

"Yeah, it's a really nice place, not too fancy."

"You do know we're just hanging out right? I mean I just wanted to talk to you about Joe's song."

"Of course I know."

While at dinner Alden did nothing, but talk about himself and occasionally the band in general.

"I was quarter back of the football team you know. Yeah, that was great. I was also homecoming king, prom king, voted most popular, captain of..." Alden kept talking as Aina zoned him out.

I can't believe I got dressed up for this. I should have just used sweats. I wish Joe was across from me. He would probably be talking a lot too, but at least it'd be because I couldn't talk from laughing so much, Aina thought to herself.

When Aina was done eating her dinner Alden was still talking. "It was 10 seconds till the end of the game and we needed three points to win. I had the ball and I had to decided: go for the win, or go for over time. Well everyone was saying go for overtime, but I just knew I could make that shot, so I..."

"Alden?" Aina interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if you could take a look at that song that Joe, my boyfriend, wrote," she said putting an emphasis on boyfriend. "It might not be all that great, but maybe just tell me what he might need work on or if it's actually any good?"

"Sure. Why don't we go back to my hotel room, that's where my guitar and stuff are."

"That sounds great!" Aina said excited.

When they entered Alden's hotel room he lead Aina over to the bed. She pulled out Joe's sheet music for one of his songs and handed it to Alden who read over some of the lyrics. After a while he looked over at Aina.

"What? Is it not good?" She asked.

"It looks pretty good. I was just thinking about the title," Alden said with a weird expression on his face.

Aina looked at the title and read out loud, "Games. What's wrong with that?"

"I've got a few games in mind," he said before circling his arms around Aina's waist and starting to kiss her neck.

"Alden, I think you should stop," she said trying to get him off her, but the more she tried to get him off, the more his grip on her tightened. So she stopped struggling for a moment.

"That's it," Alden said as he loosened his grip and slowly moved his hand toward her breasts. Before his hand could reach it's desired destination Aina gave him a good shove causing his head to hit the headboard. "You bitch," he said as she tried to run out of the room.

She was half way to the door when Alden grabbed her by the arm. She managed to elbow him in the nose, but not enough to cause enough pain for her to get away. He slowly moved toward her and if she tried to run he'd definitely catch up with her again.

Why did I decided to use such tight jeans? I can't kick or run properly in these, Aina thought.

Out of nowhere Aina's fist came flying toward Alden's right eye and to ensure an easy getaway she kneed him in the groin. She then ran as fast as she could to the elevator. Luckily, the elevator came quickly and Alden didn't follow her. She called Peter and he came to take her home. The whole way she cried in the limo. This was the first time she was ever actually attacked and even though she was properly prepared and capable of protecting herself, it definitely wasn't something she ever wanted to experience.

How can I be so stupid!?! I'm usually more cautious about these things, Aina chided herself

When Aina got back to the penthouse she quietly came through the door. She didn't notice Joe sitting in the kitchen on his laptop.

"Aina?" Joe said causing Aina to jump.

"Oh my god Joe," she said trying to keep fresh tears from flowing through her eyes.

This didn't go unnoticed by Joe. "Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Joe asked placing both hands on either side of her face.

She couldn't speak so she just shook her head no.

"I don't believe you. Now tell me what's wrong."

"Not now," Aina said before going into her room and crying herself to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story