Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 28 A Plan

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 28

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-21 - Updated: 2008-09-21 - 1744 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 28 A Plan

After their meeting with Ms. Holmes, Peter drove Joe and Aina home. When they got into the limo Aina went in first. When Joe came in he sat on the opposite side of the limo thinking that Aina didn't want to have anything to do with him.

"Joseph, why are you sitting all the way over there?" She asked.

Joe shrugged before saying, "I didn't think you'd want to sit next to me."

"Why would you think that?"

"Why would you want to after what you just heard in there?"

Joe was looking at the floor of the limo. Aina moved over to sit next to him and he just looked in the other direction.

"Joseph look at me," Aina said gently. When he didn't turn to look at her she placed her hand under his chin and gently turned his face toward her. "I see that you're upset with yourself, but that doesn't mean that I'm upset with you. What she did was wrong. It wasn't your fault."

"I should have done something."

"You're doing something now."

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna go let her seduce me. Who knows what she's gonna make me do this time!" Joe said getting more irate as the tears fell down his cheek.

Aina felt her own tears before wiping them away. She then reached over to do the same with Joe.

"You really don't need to do this you know," Aina said as the back of her hand gave Joe's cheek one final wipe.

Joe looked at her before saying, "If it gets her out of our lives faster then, yes, I do. I don't want to, but I have to."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't even know how I would tell you," Joe said before looking to the floor again. "I didn't know what you'd think. I don't want you to hate me."

"I could never hate you," Aina said before slipping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder. Joe was alittle taken aback before coming to and wrapping his arms around her.

When they walked into the penthouse they decided to tell the others.

"Hey guys, I need to tell you something," Joe announced. When they gave him their undivided attention he explained everything. By the end of his explanation Aina had her left arm linked with his right as her right hand lightly rubbed his forearm. He was crying and she was trying her best to comfort him.

"I knew it. She is a sick, sick woman," Jacqueline said before she started going off on a tangent in French.

"So what's going to happen now?" Chan asked.

"Joe's going back with her to her loft one last time so that we can get some proof of what she's doing, and then she'll be gone, for good," Aina explained.

"Is there anything we can do?" Rahul asked.

"Not that I can think of," Aina said. There was some silence before she said, "Maybe we should just... not think about this right now. Why don't we have a big sleep over here in the living room?"

"That sounds like fun," Chan said.

"Are you okay with that Joe?" Jacqueline asked.

"Yeah," Joe sniffed. "I don't feel like being alone tonight."

Aina was about to get up when Jacqueline lightly pushed her back down. "We'll get the blankets, pillows, and find a movie for us to watch. You two can just sit and relax," she said.

Aina rested her forehead on Joe's temple. Joe turned his head slightly so that their noses were touching. "Thank you," he said.

"For what?" Aina asked.

"For still being here."

"Joseph, I tried running away from you remember? You just came after me, so I decided not to waste any energy," she said trying to lighten the moment and succeeding when he let out a little chuckle. She cupped the side of his face and pressed her lips to his.

"Awww," came the squeal of Chan and Jacqueline. This caused everyone to laugh.

Rahul put on "White Chicks" so that they could all get a good laugh and forget about their troubles for a little while. They all got absorbed into the movie and was able to forget about things for 2 hours before falling asleep.

* * * *

The next morning Joe woke up from a dreamless sleep holding Aina as her head rested oh his shoulder with her hand resting on his chest. It was the first night he'd actually had a peaceful sleep in months. He was either having enjoyable sex filled dreams about Aina or nightmares about Mrs. Gilbert.

I could get used to waking up like this, Joe thought as he watched Aina sleeping. He took her hand, brought it to his lips, and gave it a kiss.

Aina began to stir. She looked up at Joe realizing that she was shamelessly hanging on to him. She lightly blushed and looked away.

"Good morning," he said softly giving her a squeeze.

"Good morning," she replied as she looked back and smiled. Joe leaned in a little bit, but Aina pulled away. "I have morning breath," she said simply.

"I don't care," Joe said before kissing her. He licked her bottom lip and she opened her mouth to grant him entrance. He leaned into her a little bit and she leaned back so that now he was on top. She moved her hands so that they were around his neck while his left hand was used for leverage, holding him up, and his right went to her hips.

"Ahem," was heard from somewhere in the room. They broke away and looked up. "We should start getting ready for work," Jacqueline said with a smile on her face.

Everyone got up, had some breakfast, and got ready for the day to come. Things seemed normal and even pleasant, but once they got to TTR all the pleasantness went out the window. They were now constantly tense.

As planned Mr. Gilbert told his wife that he had abusiness meeting moved up and had to leave immediately. The plan had been set in motion. Unfortunately, Mrs. Gilbert hadn't asked Joe to stay back. There was no reason for her to. All of Joe's work revolved around the studio and the band now, which unfortunately still had 4 band members, but that didn't stop her from making sexual innuendos when they just happened to be alone in a room.

"This is ridiculous," Aina said on their way home one day. "It's been three days since Mr. Gilbert 'left' for his meeting. Why hasn't she done anything yet?"

"That's what we've been thinking about," Peter said from the drivers seat. "We think we have a plan that might work. Don't worry about it and just keep using that wire Mr. Jonas."

"What about Alden?" Joe asked. "Why is he still here?"

"I think that will be settled tomorrow," Peter said.

"So what's the plan?" Rahul asked.

"Well, the boys have an interview or concert of some kind on Monday," Peter started to explain. "Mr. Sellers will send Mrs. Gilbert some papers that she will, hopefully, 'forget' to bring to work. She's been missing action for a while now so there's a big chance that she'll leave them in her loft so that she has an excuse to get Joe over there."

When they entered their penthouse Jacqueline asked,"Do you think this plan of theirs will work?"

"I don't know, but if they have a plan we should have a plan to," Chan said with a semi-diabolical tone of voice.

Everyone looked at her like she grew a second head.

"Are you okay?" Rahul asked.

"I'm fine! I just think that it's wrong, what she did," Chan said.

"Okay, sorry," Rahul said putting his hands up in surrender.

"It's just not fair to Joe," Chan said giving him ahug.

"Thanks Chan-chan," Joe said gave her a squeeze as Chan giggled at the new nickname he gave her.

"So, did you have anything in mind?" Jacqueline asked.

"I'm not sure. What gets her angry the most?" Chan asked.

"She hated it when I used to flirt with Aina," Joe said.

"What? Are you serious?" Aina asked and Joe just nodded.

"I think I've thought of something," Jacqueline said as a smile came across her face. "If she hates it when you flirt with Aina, then just let her see you with her. Let her see you two being... you know," she finished while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Why am I not surprised you're a little dirty in the mind?" Aina asked.

"Well, not only will it get her angry," Jacqueline explained, "but she might get a little, well you know. That, plus the plan Peter mentioned..."

"It'll be almost twice as likely that she'll ask you to stay," Aina finished with a similar smile on her face. After realizing what would happen if the plan worked the smile went away and she looked over to Joe. "Joseph, are you okay with this?"

"I'm not excited about it, but it'll get her out of my life so... I'm okay with it," Joe answered.

"Now that that's settled, let's eat," Jacqueline said.

Dinner was quiet that night as everyone knew what could possibly be happening the next day. Joe and Aina were left in the living room as everyone went to bed early. Aina was sitting with her back flushed with Joe's front, her head resting on his shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be okay you know?" Joe said breaking the silence. "It's not like I'm gonna die from doing this."

Aina looked up at him. "I know, I just don't want you to have to go through with this."

He ran a finger down her arms causing goose bumps to appear and a shiver to run down her spine. She'd never had a feeling like that.

Joe kissed her temple, put his lips by her ear, and whispered, "Sleep with me tonight."

Aina turned around with one eyebrow raised.

"Not like that," Joe said finally letting out achuckle. "I mean sleep... literally."

"I know, but I got you to laugh didn't I?" She replied with a smile.

Joe looked down letting out another chuckle while shaking his head. He looked back at her and said, "You did. Thanks."

Aina gave him a quick kiss on the lips and lead him to the boys room. Once again Joe had a good dreamless sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story