Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 29 Plan B

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 29

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-22 - Updated: 2008-09-23 - 1586 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 29 Plan B

The next morning was just like every other day. The interns got up, ate breakfast, and got ready for work.

"This should be an interesting day," Jacqueline said as they were getting ready.

"I'm worried," Aina said turning towards the other two girls.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine," Chan said. "I don't think Ms. Holmes and Peter will let anything bad happen."

"What is she going to do anyway?" Jacqueline asked. "She wouldn't kill him. It would be suspicious if Joe goes missing the same night she asks him to stay back," she said off handedly. Aina just sighed and they continued to get ready.

While walking to the elevator Joe and Aina were really nervous. They were in their own worlds thinking and worrying about what would happen today.

"You know, you two need to forget about Mrs. Gilbert if you want this to work," Jacqueline said bringing them out of their reverie. "You two have to be lovey dovey, not like you're going to die."

"Jacqueline's right," Rahul said after pressing the lobby button in the elevator. "You two look like you're about get your hands cut off instead of having your hands on each other."

Everyone laughed a little at this. Fortunately, this lessened tension in the air. Aina looked towards Joe with a slight smile on her face.

"Time to step up your game Mr. Jonas," was all she said.

"I think I can do that," Joe said as he draped his arm over her shoulders. In return Aina wrapped her arm around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder.

"That's better," Jacqueline said as they stepped out of the elevator.

The whole time in the limo Joe didn't once let go of Aina's hand. He just kept rubbing his thumb against the back of her hand and even added the occasional kiss. On the outside he was perfect, but on the inside he was still nervous.

I hate that I can't enjoy this. What if we get into trouble for just being together, Joe thought. You're just interns, I doubt they'd care, Joe argued with himself.

As they walked into TTR hand in hand Joe seemed to loosen up a little bit. He thought that they would get awkward looks or get stared at, but that wasn't the case. People just passed them with the occasional, "Good morning."

The interns went their separate ways Joe and Aina to the studio and Chan, Rahul, and Jacqueline to Ms. Holmes's office. When Joe and Aina walked into the studio they were greeted by the four TBWTLNJ boys.

"Hey, don't you two look cozy," Anthony said when he saw their interlocked hands.

"Yeah well," was all Joe could say as he stepped behind Aina and wrapped his arms round her waist. He then kissed the side of her neck and sent a shock throughout her body. She let out a slight, but visible shiver which caused her to blush a little bit.

They were not aware of Alden shooting daggers at them from where he sat.

"Well, love birds it's time to get to work," James said chuckling at Aina's flushed cheeks.

"Yeah, I think we should start with recording'Games,'" Alden said quickly getting over it and giving them amy-shit-don't-stink smile.

"No wait, I'm almost done with this song!" Sam said. "Let me just finish."

The guys were finishing up the song and Alden, still alittle jealous, kept looking over at Joe and Aina sitting off to the side on aleather love seat. Aina had her legs draped over Joe's right thigh. She held onto his left hand as his right hand rubbed lightly on her back.

"You seem more calm than when we were in the limo," Aina said in a hushed tone.

"So, you noticed that huh?" Joe chuckled.

"Yeah. So, why so calm now?"

"I guess it's fun knowing that you got the girl you want and the guy that also wanted her is in the same room," Joe said with a smile.

"Joseph, that's not very nice."

"Neither was he. Are you okay being in the same room with him?"

"As long as you're with me, I'm perfectly fine."

Joe leaned in to give her a light kiss. Before he could pull away Aina placed her hand on his cheek, keeping him where he was, and deepened the kiss. At that moment Mrs. Gilbert came in. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Joe and Aina practically making out on the couch. They pulled apart when they heard the door open. For a split second Joe could see afire burning in her eyes, but it quickly disappeared.

"Is there something you needed Mrs. Gilbert?" Anthony asked.

"Yes. Mr. Sellers wanted to hold a meeting right now about the concert on Monday," Mrs. Gilbert said in her normal bitch tone.

The interns, Ms. Holmes, Mrs. Gilbert, Mr. Sellers, and the band were once again in the conference room.

"Okay everyone, we have some things to discuss today," Ms. Holmes said when everyone was seated and listening. "Something very serious to talk about," Ms. Holmes said in a serious tone. This got everyone's attention.

"Alden," Mr. Sellers said turning to him. "Aina and Joe has told us of some... unethical things that you've done."

"Like what? I haven't done anything," Alden said as he leaned back in his chair and placed his hands behind his head.

"Don't act like Mr. Cool. You tried to get in my pants even after I told you I had a boyfriend," Aina said.

"Please, you were the one coming on to me," Alden said. "Sorry baby, but I don't go for... well, you know what you are."

"So how'd you get that black eye?" Joe said with aslightly raised voice, referring to his still lightly bruised eye.

"What does that have to do with anything," Alden said as his cool demeanor slipped for a minute.

"You got that from me when you wouldn't let me leave your room," Aina said.

"What exactly were you doing in his room, Ms. Andrada?" Mrs. Gilbert asked. "Maybe you are the one that should be in question here."

"She didn't do anything! She was just showing him my song! You know, 'Games,' the song that he tried to pass off as his own!" Joe said now on his feet with his hands at the table looking right at Alden.

"Sit down please," Ms. Holmes said calmly. "Alden, even if one of these two accusations are true you will be out of the band."

"Well then, Jonas, prove that either of those things are true," Alden said with a smirk on his face.

Joe slowly sat down. He couldn't think of a way to prove anything.

"Well, Mr. Jonas, do you have any proof?" Mr. Sellers asked.

There was silence in the room as everyone looked to Joe for an answer.

"Yes," Aina said as realization hit.

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked her quietly. "The paper I gave you was the only copy I had of the song and we have no proof of Alden doing anything to you."

"Didn't you say that you email your music to yourself," Aina said back just as quietly, a smile forming on both of their faces. "I need a laptop," Aina said aloud for everyone to hear.

"I have mine," Chan said from where she and the other interns were silently watching.

Alden was now leaning forward eager, yet worried about what was about to happen.

Aina took the laptop from Chan. While Joe logged into his email account she explained to everyone what they were doing.

"Whenever Joseph gets an idea or comes up with lyrics or music, he usually emails it to himself," Aina saw the worry form on Alden's face. "I highly doubt that Joe and Alden, who isn't as musically inclined as his cousins and brother, would have come up with the exact same music. Also, Alden said that he just wrote it."

"And I emailed it to myself last year," Joe said turning the laptop around for them to see the date before turning it back around so that everyone could here the sound clip attached to the email.

When the familiar cords of "Games" could be heard everyone looked over at Alden.

"I can't believe you'd do those things Al," Anthony said to his brother.

"I'm sorry Alden, but from this point on you are no longer a part of TBWTLNJ and TTR. There is someone waiting for you downstairs to escort you to your hotel room to pack and then to the airport where you'll be sent on a flight home to the states," Mr. Sellers informed.

Alden stormed out of the room without a single word.

"We're really sorry he did those things you guys," Sam said.

"Yeah, I mean we knew he was an arrogant prick, but we didn't think he would do anything like that," Anthony said.

"It's okay. You guys didn't know, and besides, it's over now and he's gone," Joe said.

"It may be done for you two, but we still have to handle the press, which is why we need to talk about this at a press conference before the concert," Mr. Sellers said. "So, Glenda, do you have the interns schedule for Monday that I emailed you? I think I might have deleted my copy,"Mr. Sellers asked.

"No, I left them in my loft," she said offhandedly.
Sign up to rate and review this story