Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > A Rogue's Journey

Chapter 6 Part 1

by Fatalbluesweetie 0 reviews

A story that follows Rogue from the night her powers first activated onward until...well whenever I want to stop. Eventual Romyness, Jhonda and Kiotr...R&R...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Jean, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Shadowcat, Storm, Wolverine - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 602 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6 Part 1

The next week went by with snail-like slowness. For Rogue, school seemed to last forever and the mansion felt suffocatingly small. Wherever she went, there was always someone with her. All she wanted was to have some peace to herself, but that wasn't likely to happen. She had taken to scoping out the building for likely hiding places. Her only respite from the occupants of the house was at night when everyone else was sleeping. She would sit out on her balcony or on the roof, wrapped in a big comfy blanket or sweatshirt and write in her little black book and breathe in the fresh air and meditate.

It was Logan, surprisingly, who had suggested that she start meditating, to stop the voices in her head. Rogue didn't know how Logan had found out but deep down inside she was glad that he was concerned for her. She had never had a father figure with the exception of the dirt bag boyfriends her mother used to bring home and we all know they weren't what a growing girl needed, but Logan...Logan was pretty close to what she needed and wanted.

So every night she spent about two hours awake and alone, thinking, writing, breathing, living...all the things she needed right then and there.

It wasn't until Saturday morning that the doorbell rang and Rogue answered it. The second the door was ajar the strangest sensation came over the girl, as if someone was pricking her with thousands of tiny needles all at once. Rogue shivered slightly but looked up to see two people standing just before the threshold. The first was a woman who looked to be in her mid thirties but had the look about her that she had seen too much pain in her rather short lifetime, and the second was a young boy who seemed to be no older then ten at the most. He was a strange pale greenish color and was sweating profusely, only it didn't look like normal bodily fluid he was secreting, it was thicker and slightly yellow.

"Can Ah help ya'll?" Rogue asked.

"We're here to see Professor Xavier, please," the woman replied in a haggard voice.

"Suah, follow meh. It's just down the hall,"

So Rogue led the two down to the office that belonged to her mentor and knocked,

'Come in," was heard through the wood.

Rogue obeyed and opened the door, ushering the guests in.

Rogue closed the door and walked back to the rec room where she had been before. She felt strange but she couldn't place it. She flopped back down on the couch she had been sitting on before her journey to the door and sighed. She closed her eyes and suddenly it hit her, why she felt so strange. They were gone. There was no more pressure on her mind, no more psyches trying to take over, no more internal fights. She probed her mind to make sure they were gone and not simply hiding in order to give her a false sense of security.

She had obtained several more psyches over the course of her stay in the institute. Many of the mansion's occupants now had a place in her head, along with several of the Brotherhood due to several skirmishes.

But they weren't there any longer.

Rogue took hold of her head on instinct and Remy who was sitting next to her noticed.

"Ya okay, Chere?"

"They're gone Remy. The voices, they're gone."

AN: I know it's really short. Im sorry, the next one will be longer I promise.
-FatalBlueSweetie
Sign up to rate and review this story