Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 31 We're More Than Friends

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 31

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-24 - Updated: 2008-09-25 - 1235 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 31 We're More Than Friends

With the pictures that Peter had taken of Joe and Mrs. Gilbert, as well as all the things picked from Joe's wire, was enough to get Mrs. Gilbert out of everyone's lives. It was now Monday and everyone was running around getting ready for the press conference and concert happening that day.

"I'm gonna be hated by millions of girls," Aina said as she finally got a break from preparing for the conference. She along with the interns were sitting in a room with the band.

"Why do you say that?" Sam asked from the other side of the room.

"Are you kidding? I just got one of the members of their favorite band kicked out of the group. I'm pretty sure my myspace is gonna be getting a lot of hate mail."

"Well, then you're in luck," Anthony said. "We don't even have a million fans."

"Are you kidding me?" Jacqueline said. "You guys are great! And now that you know someone from France, India, China, and the US we'll help get your name out there."

"Yeah, it's just a matter of time. This new CD is gonna be great," Joe said.

"Thanks," the guys said at the same time.

"Speaking of the new CD," James said in a business tone. "We never got permission to record your song. It's really good and if you let us, we'd like it to be on the album. You'd get full credit for it and paid as well."

Joe sat there shocked. After a few seconds Aina nudged him in the side. "Yeah!" Joe said causing Aina to giggle a little at him.

"Great let's go talk to Sellers about it," James said as he got up.

Joe turned to Aina and said, "Thank you," before giving her a quick kiss and following James out the door.

It was time for the press conference and the interns were stationed at the two exits to make sure people that aren't supposed to be there, stayed out.

"Isn't there a missing member?" Someone asked.

"Actually my brother, Alden, is no longer a part of the band," Anthony said. This caused the room to erupt in chatter.

"Any particular reason why?" A young reporter asked.

The boys looked over to Mr. Sellers before James said, "Well, we're not allowed to talk about it at the moment, but we can say that he won't be returning to the band."

"So, how will this affect the process on the new album?" Another reporter asked.

"It hasn't really affected us much. We just have to change a few things, we don't plan on slowing down because of this," Sam said.

"Will you be replacing him?"

"There will be no other changes in the band," James said.

"But," Sam interrupted, "I think a group name change is in order."

James and Anthony looked over at Sam since they did not discuss this at all. Sam threw a glance over to Aina and they all understood.

"So what's your new name?"

"Named Jonas," the three of them said in perfect unison.

The press conference continued. The concert was in full swing a few hours later. The interns were hanging out, off to the side of the stage, rocking out to the guys music.

"I'd like to bring out a friend on to the stage," Sam said into the mike after finishing a song.

"He's a good friend of ours and wrote one of the songs that's gonna be on our new album," James continued.

"Joe come on up here," Sam said as he motioned to the side of the stage.

The rest of the interns had confused looks on their faces as Joe walked out onto the stage.

"We've been working on this next song with Joe and we all though it would be nice for him to come out and sing it with us," Anthony explained.

"But I won't be joining the band," Joe said causing the few hundred people in the audience to laugh.

"Now, this song was inspired by a certain someone, right Joe?" Anthony said.

"Yes, it was, so we'd like to have Aina come out here please," Joe said as James placed a stool in the center of the stage.

"No way," Aina said. When she didn't move Sam came over and pulled her over to Joe.

"I hate you right now," she said through clenched teeth to Joe.

"This is my girlfriend, Aina," Joe said. "And this song is for you," he said before giving her a kiss causing all the girls in the audience to "awww."

Joe stepped behind Aina as Sam started strumming away on his guitar. Anthony stepped away from the keyboard he usually played and started singing the first verse.

Hello beautiful
How's it going?
I hear it's wonderful in California
I've been missing you
It's true...


Joe then stepped up to Aina and started serenading her.

But tonight
I'm gonna fly
Yeah tonight
I'm gonna fly

'Cause I could comb across the world,
And see everything
And never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes


Joe lead Aina away from the stool, wrapped her arms around his waist, and slow danced with her on the stage.

Hello beautiful
It's been a long time
Since my phone's rung
And you been on that line
I've been missing you
It's true

But tonight
I'm gonna fly
Yeah tonight
I'm gonna fly
Oh yeah


Joe rested his forehead on Aina's as he sung the rest of the chorus.

'Cause I could comb across the world,
see everything
And never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes


The crowd erupted in applause and cheer.

"I love you," Joe said in Aina's ear when the song ended. He saw the surprise on Aina's face, but a split second later a smile replaced it.

"I love you too," Aina said after pulling him into a hug. Joe pulled away to give her a kiss. There was a collective "Awww" from the crowd.

"Give it up for the two love birds," Sam said only for the crowd to get even louder.

Joe and Aina walked off the stage after giving a small wave.

"Joe!" Chan and Jacqueline yelled.

"What!?" Joe said just as loud.

"We never knew you could sing like that," Rahul said for them.

"That was so romantic," Chan said.

"Thanks," Joe said in return.

The band started another song and everyone went back to watching them, except for Joe and Aina.

Aina lead Joe away from the stage before saying, "You could have warned me."

"Then it wouldn't have been as romantic," Joe said.

"It was wasn't it?"

"Did you like it?"

"Yes, I did," Aina said before giving him a kiss. "Was I really your inspiration?"

"Yeah, I kinda just thought about when next semester starts and we go separate ways," Joe said with a sad smile on his face.

"Nothing will change."

"You sure?"

"As long as we try. Don't tell me you spent 5 or 6 months trying to get me to give you a chance and you're just gonna give it up so easily."

Joe chuckled, embracing Aina with his chin resting on her head, and said, "Of course not. I'd like to think that we'll be together for a really long time."

Aina looked up at him and quoted, "That's because 'everyone knows it's meant to be.'"
Sign up to rate and review this story