Categories > Original > Drama > Dragon Shifter

Dragon Shifter

by assuming_she_is_dead 0 reviews

Lara is a dragon shifter (can turn into a dragon) but is it really that bad? she seems to have forgotten that she has her GCSE's. opps.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-01 - 2126 words

0Unrated
Okay this is based on a dream i had and i suck at writting stories so sorry in advance if this sucks. oh yeah and this is more of a setting for it so it doesn't involve my dream.
enjoy :D





I never thought being so unique could make such a difference. Even when no one knows you are and just think you just some clever kid with great physical strength and flexibility. Well a few years ago it wouldn't have mattered, but thing change, views change, and we are miss understood. Everything was fine until that one law, made it impossible to live a normal life. No one could know now.

"Hurry up, Lara! We're gonna to be late" I heard Stud shout; his names Stud because he hate the name Paul, I mean seriously he would try and kill you if you used it.
"Yeah coming" I reply as I run down the stairs to find him fixing his black fringe and smiled as I saw he was standing with Jess, Max and Ash. "I don't know why we're hurrying 'cause we're going to be late anyway. Oh and by the way I love the lip ring Stud."

"Because," max said fiddling with his blue framed glasses, "we have our GCSE tests today."
I stared at him with disbelief as I remembered what day it was. "Crap! Come on lets run." I shouted as they followed me out the door and down the streets to Eagle Eye Senior School.

As we ran into school we heard the harsh voice of Mr Millstone, someone should really get him fired or even better killed, shouting at us. "Why are you so late, and on your exam day? You should be very disappointed in your selves, with out these exams you will end up cleaning toilets for the rest of your life!"

"Exactly! Here we on our way to the hall to do our exam and you're wasting our time by telling us that we're late, when we already knew that, and therefore you're making us even later. And because of that I will be blaming you if I end up cleaning toilets as a living." Stud replied as we ran towards the hall.

"Well you better not be late tomorrow, the school is taking part in the shifter test. And good for them, I can't stand those shifters." He shouted at us.

My heart began to beat harder. What was I going to do? It's not like the old days where you could get away with not going to them. If I didn't go they would track me down and find out anyway. What would my friends think? Mind you Jess wouldn't care because I think she knows anyway, in fact I know she does, but what about the others? Stud would hate me, not because of what I am but because I lied to him by not telling him. We had promised never to lie to each other, and I broke that promise the moment it was made.

I couldn't concentrate during that test, I barely wrote anything, mind you dose it matter, I have no future, tomorrow they'll find out and I'll be taken away and I'll never be back, just stuck in some lab for ever and ever.

*

"How did your test go?" jess asked me as we left the hall

"Crap. I'll be lucky to get one mark let alone enough to pass."

"What? But you're amazing at Maths... and everything else."

"Yes well, I had something on my mind."

"Look if it's about tomorrow, I know." Jess said pushing me into an empty classroom so as not to be over heard, "Tonight we're taking you to a safe house, we can't do it now it's too risky."
"One do the others know, two who is 'we' and three where the hell am I going exactly?" I said trying my best not to lose my temper.

"No they not know and we have a cover up story for your disappearance. I can't tell you where you'll be going for security reasons. As for who we, I'm part of the secret organisation that keeps you and others alike safe." She replied in a hushed voice, and then noting the look of dismay on my face said, "trust me."

What choice dud I have, I could trust her and hope she wasn't working for the government or I could run away then most likely get court and killed. Or worse. "Fine, I trust you. For now. "When I opened the door and walked out I bumped in to max, and I mean seriously bumped in to him, I actually knocked him over. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I say as I pull him to his feet.

"I'm fine, why were you in there anyway, you're not in trouble with Mr Deletor again? God you should really stop pissing him off, what was it this time?"

"Why do you always think the worst cause I'm not in trouble I was just, umm, looking... for my.. geography book." I said stumbling over the lie. I mean I can't just tell them what we were talking about, at least not here. I stood there fiddling with the blue streak in my black hair.

"Okay..." Said stud looking at me curiously.

Crap he knew I was lying, why do my friends have to be able to see right through me and to my secrets however hard I try to hide them. Well apart from the one about being a shifter but then they would never think that I would be one, I can't even use it properly if I do I can't change back.

A long silence was interrupted by Jess who, being an impatient bitch, ended it, "come on this place is filling up with those fucking slut and chavs. Oh I can't go outside I'll get wet, then my make up will run and i'll ruin my hair and blaa blaa blaa what a load of bull." She said mimicking the chavs.

We laughed as we walked outside into the rain. We sat under our tree on the usual bench after relocating some year sevens who were 'attempting' to sheltering from the rain.
"Do we have any other tests today?" asked Ash as he swung on one of the branches beside the bench.

"I don't but you and Lara do." Replied max

"Oh and what would that be?"

"Well Ash, I don't know if you've heard of it but it's a subject called geography, and in this subject you learned a load of crap about the earth." Max said sarcastically.

"Huh don't make me laugh." I struggled to say through the pain of laughing. "Ash learn anything? He's more likely to eat his own sick!"

"Is that a dare?"

"Ashley don't be so stupid, you pathetic loser!" Jess shouted as she pulled out her mp3 speakers.

Max, who never got on with jess, said quietly, "don't you have a detention with Mr Millstone, jess, and didn't he say that if you don't go he'll fail you for Physics?"

"Crap! Guys I'll see you later. okay?" she said as she ran off leaving her speakers behind.

Laughing I said "Bye... hay has anyone got any good music on them?"

"Yeah I have Silverstein." Stud said leaning over to kiss me lightly on the lips and then plugging his I-pod in. "so, what were you doing in geography?"

"I told you, I was looking for my book." I said looking him in the eyes.

"Come on, we know when your lying." Said Ash as he jumped down next to me.

"I'm serious I was just looking for my book"

"Lara you go red when you're lying." Said Max as he sat between Ash and me.

"I don't!"

"You do" they all replied together.

"Okay you win, I'll tell you later though, now's not the best time and place."

"No you won't your just hoping we'll forget cause then you won't have to tell us." Stated Max, god how does he know?

Damn, "I will, I promise."

We sat in silence for a while listening to Bleeds no more by Silverstein.

I wanted to.
Pretend that it was you.
"You're the worst thing that's ever happened to me"
die!!


"Ouch. Imagine if I said that to you." Said stud teasing me.

"I would seriously kill you, you know that, don't you."

"No you wouldn't you love me too much."

"Umm... Yeah... whatever."

*

The rest of the day was a little dull after that; mind you can you expect anything more? It's school and we're doing our GCSE's, yay so much fun, everyone just loves exams. Umm...no.

It was about six, Jess should be over any minute. I looked around my room, at the red walls and band posters, at the white curtains and out the window at the view of our small over grown garden and the park behind that.

At six fifth-teen, I got bored looking out the window for her so I when down stairs to grab a cheese sandwich. She should really be here by now, I was trying to stop myself of thinking that anything bad could have happened but it's so hard with all the crime around here. What if she's been killed? My mind pondered on this thought as the phone rang. I sprinted towards it hoping that she was fine.

"Run! They know where and who you are." said the voice on the end said.

"Jess is that you."

"Yes I can't talk now, they're here. Just get as far away as you can"

"But..."

She cut in, "no buts, just go."

There was a loud crash and a scream from the other end of the phone. "Jess... JESS... ANSWER ME!" I started to panic; if something happened to her it would be my fault, because I'm the one they're after. apparently.
"Who is this?" asked an unfamiliar voice.

Ignoring the question I asked my own, "what going on there is she okay?"

"She's fine, it was just a spider. But I would appreciate it if you told me your name."

"Of course it was considering she HATES SPIDERS SO MUCH!" I shouted slamming the phone down.
Breathing heavily I grabbed my bag and ran out the back door shouting "Dad can you go to the shops now to get some glue!" I didn't wait for a reply, just across the park, praying that he would be out of the house in time. I continued to run, around the corner and towards Jess' house. I was right it was the government, and there was no way I would be able to get her out of the beautiful white house which was now surrounded by special forces and trucks that barricaded the roads to the house.

"Shit!" I muttered. God what do I do now, if they know Jess is my friend then what else do they know about me? My mind raced as I thought of horrific possibilities and catastrophic consequences. As I sat there quietly behind a rose bush that ran by the side of her neighbour's house, I watched three of the trucks leave and head up the road. I thought of this as nothing until it hit me, they were heading in the direction of my friends' houses. One truck for each, packed full of Special Forces ready to snatch them.

I grabbed my phone and started dialling. "Ash! Get out the house now and run."

"What? Lara..."

"No time to explain, just do it! Meet me under the tree at school,"
"Okay. But..."

I put the phone down before he finish and called Max, and then Stud. "Stud, get out and run!" I screamed sweating from fear.

"Has this got something to do with earlier?"

"Yes, I'll tell you later. Just get out and run... please!"

"I will but only if you tell me what's going on now!" damn he was so stubborn.

"FINE! I'm a shifter."

"Don't fuck with me Lara! I AM SICK WITH YOUR LIES!" he shouted at me. I could hear the anger in his voice, and hurt because he thought I was lying to him.

"I'M NOT!" I shouted, and then lowering my voice I said, "I promise you"

"Fine, where do I meet you?" he didn't sound convinced.

"By the tree at school now!"

"Okay." he said.

As he finished his sentence, I sensed the presence of someone behind me; I turned around and stumbled in a way that sends me crashing to the ground, hitting my head on the stonewall of the house. The last thing I heard before everything when black was.
"I've got her."
Sign up to rate and review this story