Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 1 Newlyweds

by joy2008 0 reviews

This is a spin off of my first fic “Just You and Me," but it is centered around Kevin and Jenna. What happens when the honeymoon is over and reality steps in?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-09-26 - Updated: 2008-09-28 - 1310 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note:This is a spin off of my first fic "Just You and Me." People that read it thought that I should work on a sequel, but I couldn't think of anything to do to Joe and Aina. So, since a lot of my original readers are real hard core Kevin fans they thought I should write about Kevin and Jenna... so I am! You don't have to read the other fic to understand this one... I don't think.

I don't own nor am I in any way associated with the Jonas Brothers.

Chapter 1 Newlyweds

After work at Tight Tiger Records, Kevin Jonas drove to his small 2 bedroom apartment. He'd been at TTR for a year and some months working in the recording studio helping producers for a variety of artists. He just graduated college a year before and was now happily living with his wife of five months, Jenna. They didn't get to see each other much during those five months after their winter wedding since that was Jenna's last semester in college. The original plan was to get married after both of them graduated, but Jenna couldn't stand being engaged for any longer. Christmas was an ideal time for Jenna, not only was it 6 months sooner than the original date, but they would still be able to celebrate Christmas with their family and friends, get married the next day, and then spend the rest of winter break on their honeymoon before she had to leave for school.

"So what exactly do you do with your purity ring after you're married?" Jenna asked her new husband. They were now in their honeymoon suite in the Bahamas.

Kevin and his brothers had taken a vow of celibacy until they were married that was symbolized with a small band of silver. Now that he had tied the knot and was now on his honeymoon he could have sex all he wanted... with his wife of course.

"I don't know. Obviously I'm not gonna need it anymore. I have another ring replacing it," Kevin said holding up his hand showing his wedding band.

"That's true," Jenna said wrapping her arms around Kevin's neck. "You could always give it to the woman that you give your virginity to," she suggested.

Kevin chuckled before picking her up bridal style and placing her on the bed. Jenna pulled Kevin onto the bed and crashed his lips to hers. She grabbed him by the hair keeping his lips on hers. She felt Kevin chuckle into the kiss and she pulled away.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked with a small smile on her face.

"'Cause someone's a little eager," he said laughing. He was straddling her now, his weight balanced by his hands and knees.

"So what if I am?" Jenna said running her hands under his shirt and taking if off.

"I guess I don't have an answer for that," Kevin said as he leaned down and kissed the side of her neck.

Unfortunately, before they could get any more articles of clothing off Kevin's cell rang.
And I know we get a little crazy. And I know we get a little loud it sang. Kevin groaned and went to answer it.

"What do you want Joe?" Kevin asked a little disgruntled toward his younger brother.

He didn't need to look at the caller ID, he knew who it was from the ring tone. Joe was the one to co-write the song a year before after all.

"Did I interrupt something?" Joe snickered with someone else on the other end.

"Joe, Nick, what are you doing?" Kevin heard Aina, Joe's girlfriend, in the background. She was obviously talking to the two oldest, of his three younger brothers.

"Nothing baby, just making a call," Joe said back.

"Is that Kevin? Leave him alone you guys, they're on their honeymoon," Aina reprimanded.

"Listen to your girlfriend, Joe," Kevin said into the phone.

"Okay we'll let him go," Nick said, his voice slightly closer than Aina's. "Hang up the phone Joe."

"Fine, fine. I guess you can go back to your pre-sex ritual bro, but just remember GrandpaButchinathong!" Joe said clearly before hanging up on Kevin.

Nothing really happened that night.


Kevin's phone vibrated. Speak of the devil,Kevin thought. "What's up Joe?"

"Hey, what are you and Jenna doing this Saturday night?" Joe asked.

"Umm... nothing I think."

"Good. I'm trying to get everyone over to Aina's house before her parents leave."

"You guys giving them a good bye party?"

"Yeah. You guys coming? It's at six o'clock."

"Alright, I'll tell Jenna, check my schedule, and get back to you," Kevin said.

"Check your schedule and get back to me?" Joe echoed. "Kevin, this isn't a business deal and I'm not you're co-worker, I'm your brother, but I get what you're saying."

"Technically, you are a co-worker, but I get what you're saying too. If Jenna's not doing anything we'll be there."

"That's what I wanna hear. Talk to you later Kev."

"Kay, bye."

He hung up the phone as he turned into the apartment parking lot. After sliding his key card across the sensor to open the front doors he stepped into the lobby, he slid the key card once again to call for the elevator. It was good that there were so many safety precautions, but it did get a little tedious when you had visitors come over. Kevin finally reached the twelfth floor and walked down the hallway. Kevin stepped into his apartment and there he saw his wife sitting in front of the computer, playing with his purity ring hanging around her neck. She always played with it when she was nervous.

"Hey babe," Kevin said.

"Oh, hey," Jenna said dropping the ring and getting up to give him a kiss.

"Have you been on the computer all day?" Kevin asked.

"Well, the NCLEX are coming up in a couple of days. Ineed to get in as much studying as I can. I can't get a job with out passing them," Jenna said slightly worried.

Jenna had graduated from the University of Hawaii with a Bachelor's in Nursing. She needed to take and pass the NCLEX exam in order to get a job as a registered nurse at any hospital.

"Babe, I know," Kevin soothed her. "Why'd you decide to take the exam so soon after graduation anyway?"

"The sooner I take them, the sooner I can apply for jobs and start working. Then we can get a nice little house. I mean this apartment is great, but I've always wanted a house of my own. Plus I feel bad that you're always at work and I end up sitting around here all day."

"Okay, okay. I just wanna make sure you're eating while I'm at work, you know? I could have sworn you were in the same position you were in when I left this morning."

"Don't worry, I ate lunch today. Aina made sure I did," Jenna said before giving Kevin a hug.

"Oh, speaking of Aina, Joe just called me. He said their having some kind of get together this Saturday at her house."

"Yeah, Aina mentioned it when she was here. We're not doing anything are we? I would hate to miss Uncle Michael and Auntie Lydia's goodbye party," Jenna said.

"I don't think we are," Kevin said sighing and collapsing onto their couch

"You know Mr. Jonas," Jenna said walking behind him and started massaging his shoulders. "I think we've both had a very long day."

"Really?" Kevin said leaning his head on the back of the couch to look at her with a raised eyebrow.

Jenna nodded before leaning down to his ear saying, "I think we should unwind before dinner."

"I think that sounds good," Kevin said before letting Jenna lead him into their bedroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story