Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 6

by flawedrainbow 0 reviews

-Holly-

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-09-27 - Updated: 2008-09-28 - 1790 words

0Unrated
-Holly’s P.O.V.-

I can’t believe I yelled at her like that. Never before had I blown my cool like that. Ever. I mean, yeah, we would occasionally get into the argument that sometimes led to a bit of silence between us for a few minutes, but we’d just end up laughing and get over it. But I fucked this up. I screamed at her. I didn’t sleep at all last night. With the fact that the baby is Jon’s, and I just might’ve lost my almost-sister, it’s just too sickening.

I sat on my bed, still dressed, and stared at the wall. I was supposed to go to school in an hour, but I felt sick to my stomach, but I knew I should save that excuse for when I feel worse. I flipped off my alarm and stumbled into the bathroom, and emptied the contents of my stomach a few times, before jumping in the shower and washing up. I brushed my teeth and straightened my hair and did my make-up before dressing in my uniform and cleaning up a bit. I went to open the door and almost screamed. Patrick was standing there, looking at me with a serious face.

“P-Patrick? What are you doing? You scared me.” I said, he didn’t smile.

“Bill called last night, to make sure you were okay, you were throwing up at Mike’s house, got a phone call, and you and Evie booked it out. What’s going on? You’ve never lied to Bill.” He said. I looked to the ground. I felt him take my arm gently and take me back to my room. He shut the door and I sat on my bed, refusing to look up.

“Patrick, there’s nothing wrong. I just caught a little bug.” I whispered.

“Holly Marie, I know you, you never get sick unless it’s a holiday, and even though graduation is coming up, it’s not that big of a holiday.” Patrick knelt in front of me, putting his hands on mine, which were clasped tightly together on my knees, and stared into my eyes. “Are you pregnant?”

“Yes.” I whispered. I wish I could’ve lied to him, but I felt like shit after yelling at Evie, so I deserved the lecture and the karma that came with telling him.

“Holly, why didn’t you tell me? Or mom or dad?” He asked. “Does Bill even know?”

“Yes, Bill knows. And I didn’t tell you, because you’re never here anymore, and mom and dad will kick me out!” I said. “I won’t have anywhere to go after tonight, okay?”

“What do you mean?” Patrick asked, squinting.

“The baby isn’t Bill’s.” I said. “It’s Jon Walker’s. I slept with him a few weeks ago after he slipped me a drink, and that’s how I got pregnant. And when I tell Bill tonight, he won’t want anything to do with me. Nor will mom and dad.”

“What about Evie?”

“I don’t know. I kinda yelled at her last night, but I had just gotten the call from the doctor, telling me it wasn’t Bill’s baby, and even though she was trying to soothe me, I knew it wasn’t going to be okay, and I just sort of blew up at her.” I spilled, crying. Patrick pulled me into a hug.

“Listen, clean yourself up, go to school, and go to Bill’s work after. You don’t have to tell him yet. Just take it slow. If Jon doesn’t know, then Bill won’t know unless you tell him. I’m not saying its right; just take it easy for a while.”

“Okay.” I wiped my cheeks on the sleeves of my sweater and sighed. “I have to get going.”

“Kay.” Patrick and I went downstairs and I asked for a ride, considering Evie wouldn’t be stopping by. He gave me one and dropped me off at school, and I started up the steps, when I heard my name being called. I whipped around and Spencer, Jon, and Ryan were standing there. I faked a smile back.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, shifting from one foot to the other.

“Oh, nothing, we just wanted to know if you were okay. You looked really sick yesterday.” Ryan said.

“Oh, that’s really sweet, I’m fine now.” I smiled; Ryan really was a sweet kid. “I should get going; I have to make it all the way around the school and back.” I nodded and waved goodbye before heading off to my locker. I finally got there and leaned my forehead against it.

“Are you sure you’re feeling okay?” I jumped and Jon was gazing at me.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I answered shortly.

“Holly, we need to talk.” He said as I put my books away.

“About what?” He looked around before talking.

“Are you pregnant?” I froze. I swear if someone else asks me that, I’m going to sock them in the face. I pulled out the books I needed and slammed my locker shut and looked at him.

“Why do you care?” I asked coldly. “You slipped me a tainted drink, slept with me, and never even called me, or apologized.”

“Listen, I’m sorry, my friends, no not Spencer and Ryan, put me up to it, and I really like you.”

“Yeah, well, so does my boyfriend Bill. In fact, he loves me. And I was with him before you, and I’m most certainly not going to break up with him for you. Sorry for the harsh truth there, but I’m in a fowl mood and I just had a fight with my best friend, and we’ve never fought before.” I turned as the bell rang and left him there. I did feel a tiny bit bad about how that happened, but he deserved it. The day zoomed by quickly, and the half-day bell rang, and we were free. I high-tailed it out the school and straight to Bill’s music shop and ran in the door. He came out from the back and smiled, as I kept running until I jumped on him and kissed him. He smiled and kissed back, trying not to laugh.

“Feeling better today?”

“Eh, not really, but I just needed to kiss you really bad.” Bill smiled and kissed me again. I pulled him closer, loving the feeling of his arms around me.

“Now, I want to know something. Evie stopped by earlier, and something was wrong. She wouldn’t tell me what it was. Do you know?” I looked down at the ground and felt the tears coming.

“She and I had a fight.” I said. “Well, it was more of me screaming at her.”

“What? Why would you scream at her?” Bill asked, studying me face. This is why I loved him, and why I should hate him. He never judges until the complete story is over.

“You’re going to hate me, and this time I know you will.” I said, nervously picking at the counter top. “A few weeks ago, I went to a party. I didn’t go with friends, which was a stupid idea. Jon Walker handed me a drink, and I thought ‘hey, I know this guy, he’s really nice’ and left it at that. There must’ve been something in that drink, because I don’t remember anything except waking up at the trashed party house next to him. And I went to the doctors yesterday and got a paternity test, which was pretty easy considering we all go to the same doctor, and they called and said it was Jon’s and that’s why Evie and I left so quickly. We got back to my house and I broke down. You don’t know how much this hurts Bill. I don’t want to be pregnant with another mans baby! She was telling me it was going to be okay, and I knew it wouldn’t so I just screamed at her and she ran out and now I feel like complete shit and I need to find somewhere else to live after graduation, because you won’t want anything to do with me.” I took a deep breath as sobs over took me and I bawled my eyes out. I felt arms encircle me and couldn’t fathom why Bill would be holding me right now.

“Holly, please don’t cry.” I looked up at him. “It’s not your fault. Jon drugged you. It could’ve happened to anyone. And I’m a tad bit upset that you were keeping it from me, but I love you. And, I’ll treat this baby like it’s my own, permitting you still want me to be the daddy.” He had a tiny smile playing at his lips and I nodded. He kissed me and everything felt better. We broke apart and he smiled at me but something caught his attention outside, and I turned. Evie was passing the shop and looking in. She kept walking and I looked at Bill, who nodded and pushed me gently towards the door. I ran out and looked down the street for her. She looked like she was wiping her cheeks and I ran up to her.

“Evie, please, I’m sorry.” I said. She wouldn’t look at me, and my heart was breaking. She was the glue that kept me together, my best friend! I couldn’t do this without her. “Evie, I told Bill the baby wasn’t his.” She stopped. It felt like a year until she turned at me, with a tear rolling down her face.

“And?” She asked, her voice breaking somewhat.

“He’s going to raise it as his own. He doesn’t care. And now that I’ve made things right with him, I want them right with you. I had no right to scream at you last night, I’m so, so sorry. You’re my best friend, and my sister, and this baby is going to need its auntie.” I said, tears rolling down my face, as well as hers. “What do you say?”

A/N: we're not going to post anymore if Evie's chaps don't get reviews. I don't think it'd be fair to her to continue on with this. This is mainly HER story, she came up with the concept, so when you don't reveiw her, it hurts me too, and I will stop writing, and this story won't continue.
Sign up to rate and review this story