Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 7

by flawedrainbow 3 reviews

-Evie- R&R please!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 3402 words

0Unrated
[A/N hey guys, flawedrainbow here. Just asking if you could please review for me. This is the longest chapter i've written to date (and i'm sorry for it being kinda late, i hope you like it though!) so please review and tell me if you like our story xx]

-Evie’s POV-

“What do you say?” Holly asked me with tears streaming down her face.
I couldn’t stay mad at her, I felt that I still had to protect her.
“O-Ok,” I stuttered, wiping away my own tears, “but only if I can wear your fairy wings at the birth.” I giggled, sniffing afterwards.
Holly laughed too, “Deal.” She smiled before attacking me in a hug which I gladly returned.

“We should head back, I’m sure Bill’s worried about you.” I told her.
She nodded but kept an arm around my waist as we walked back to the small music store. Bill was leaning on the counter on his elbows with a pensive look on his face. Holly opened the door and we walked inside, his head looked up immediately and he smiled.

“You two ok now?” he asked hopefully.
We both nodded causing his smile to become bigger, “Good. I’d hate it if you threw your friendship away.”
“Yeah.” I agreed quietly.
“Uhh Evie, can you come over here please?” he asked me.
I nodded and walked over to him. He immediately pushed me back into a chair and pulled up my chin.
“Ouch.” I whimpered as he did so.

“What happened? Don’t lie.” He demanded softly.
“I just had a run in with someone. No big deal.” I replied quietly.
“What?! What happened?” Holly asked worriedly, coming up to us.
“N-nothing Holl. Don’t stress ok?” I told her.
“Evie, don’t lie. Tell us what happened.”
“We only want to help.” Bill said.

I couldn’t tell them, then they’d realise I was homeless. No! I couldn’t let them find out.
“Look, I just had a run in with someone ok? Don’t worry about it. It’s not even that bad.” I said, moving my head away from Bill’s grasp.
“Evie, you have bruises on your cheek, your lip is cut and you have a black eye! I’d classify that as pretty bad!” William exclaimed loudly.

“Please don’t yell at me.” I said quietly, looking down at the floor.
“I’m not yelling at you... I just- we’re worried.” William said.
I looked up and nodded, “I know. And I thank you for that. Look guys, it’s late, I should get going.” I said, standing up from the chair.

“Why don’t you stay with me tonight?” Holly asked hopefully.
I shook my head, “No, it’s alright. I’ll see you guys tomorrow... what day is it tomorrow?” I asked curiously.
William chuckled softly, “Monday.”
“Yeah, school. Yay!” Holly said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.
I chuckled before giving them both a hug and hitching my bag higher, “I’ll see you later.” I said with a final wave before walking out of the store and walking around.

I wouldn’t go back to the alley from last night, mainly because of the fact that somebody found me but also because those eyes looked frighteningly familiar. I shivered as I gust of wind passed and wrapped my arms around my frail body. After walking for around 10 minutes, I found a nice alley and once again set myself up beside the dumpster. If you’re wondering why I did this, it was because it blocked out a lot of the wind.

My bag once again doubled as a pillow as I laid my head upon it and curled my knees to my chest to keep myself warm. Within minutes, I had fallen asleep.
---

“Hey, wake up.” I heard a voice say before I felt myself being rocked gently.
“What?” I mumbled.
“Come on, wake up.” The voice said again.
This time my eyes widened and I sat bolt upright. They had the same pair of eyes as yesterday.
“Who are you? What do you want? I don’t have anything valuable!” I said quickly, holding my bag close to me.

His eyes looked confused, and I took this moment to study his face. He had shaggy brown hair, brown eyes and slight stubble on his chin. His eyes were also outlined lightly in black eyeliner. Oh god-
“Evie?” he asked.
“Wait how- shit, Ryan isn’t it?” I asked worriedly.

He nodded, “Why are you sleeping out here? And the other night? Were you kicked out or something?” he asked, leaning back on his heels whilst kneeling in front of me.
“Or something.” I mumbled.
“Wait, you’re homeless aren’t you?” he asked, straight to the point.
“N-no I’m not.” I lied, about to get up when his hands came up and pushed my shoulders back down.
“You go to the homeless shelter every morning and Adrienne helps you.” He stated.

My eyes widened in shock, “Are you stalking me?!” I asked nervously.
“No, no, no,” he said quickly, shaking his head, “Adrienne is my mom. She always talks about an Evie that comes in. She loves you like a daughter y’know? She really wants to help you.
“She helps me enough as it is... wait, she’s your mom?” I asked him.
He nodded and smiled sheepishly, “Yeah. It’s an honour to uhh, ‘meet’ the famous Evie.”

“Far from,” I muttered, “look, you can’t tell anyone about this. I’ve survived this long without people knowing, I don’t think I need to start now.” I said, getting up now.
Ryan got up too, “Why don’t you at least come back to my house and get cleaned up or something. You’re a fair way away from the shelter.” He offered.
I shook my head, “I don’t like to impose upon people.” I told him.

“Mom told me you were stubborn like this, come on. Please?” he pouted.
I shook my head, “Look, I’ve been around Holly and Bill and all the others to be immune to the pouts and puppy dog eyes so don’t even try.” I smirked.
He sighed, “Oh well, I’ll just have to kidnap you then.” He smirked back.
“What?” I asked nervously before being thrown over his shoulder.

“Put me down Ryan! I mean it!” I told him seriously.
“Nope. Besides, I’m sure mom would love to see you.” He said to me.
“How did you find me?” I asked quietly.
He shrugged, “I don’t know. I normally go for a walk in the mornings and for the last 2... I’ve found you.” I could hear a smile in his voice.

“But... how? I make sure not to sleep in the same alley twice, especially with you finding me and all the other morning.”
He shrugged and we- well, he- continued to walk onwards to his place while I hung lifelessly over his shoulder.
“You weight next to nothing.” Ryan stated.
“Uhh thanks?”

“You need to eat more.” He told me.
I rolled my eyes, “Yeah Ryan. Just let me get my credit card and I’ll just go to the shops.” I said sarcastically.
“Sorry.” He muttered.
I sighed, “No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been like that.”
He nodded before saying, “We’re here.”

He walked up the front steps before opening the front door, “Mom! Come and see who I found!” he shouted.
Seconds later I could hear a pair of footsteps, “George Ryan Ross the third! You put that young lady down right now!” Adrienne exclaimed.
With a sigh, he put me down and I turned around to face her. She looked... shocked to say the least.
“Evie?” she asked.
“Uhh yeah, Ryan over here kidnapped me.” I replied shyly.
Her smile grew huge, “Well, uhh, a shower! Yes! Follow me sweetheart!” she said, turning around and walking away.

I stayed glued to the spot, not really feeling comfortable.
“Go.” Ryan said into my ear, pushing me forwards.
Adrienne came back, and grabbed my hand before leading me away.

“Thank you Adrienne, but you didn’t have to let me use the shower.” I said to her.
“No problem honey,” she said from outside the door, “I’ve got some clothes for you, I’m going to open the door and put them on the vanity ok?”
I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me and tightened the towel that was wrapped around me. The door opened a moment later and her arm came in placing a bundle of clothes onto the vanity before her arm disappeared and the door close.
“Thank you.” I said before grabbing the bundle.

She had given me a pair of undergarments, a V-necked black shirt with short sleeves and a nice tartan skirt. I quickly slipped on the clothes. They all fit perfectly, leading me to believe Adrienne has been planning something like this for a while.
“How are the clothes sweetie?” she asked through the door.
“Good, I’m all dressed.” I replied.
The door the opened slowly and she walked inside, “They look nice,” she smiled, her eyes widening as they travelled over my face, “What happened to you?” she asked worriedly, taking a step forward to inspect my face.

“Tom.” I replied.
She scowled, “One day I’m going to-”
“Don’t worry about it Adrienne,” I told her, “thank you for the clothes and allowing me to use your shower.”
“No problem hun. I’m just washing your clothes from your bag now.” She smiled.

“You don’t have-”
“No, but I want to,” She smiled, “come with me. I’ve just made some breakfast. You better get some before Ryan eats it all.”
I nodded and followed her back to the kitchen.

Ryan was sitting at the table eating what looked to be bacon, eggs and toast. And he was basically inhaling it!
“Whoa, slow down there vacuum boy.” Adrienne chuckled as she saw Ryan.
He looked up and smiled shyly, slowing down his eating by a fraction.
“Are the boys coming over?” Adrienne asked him kindly as she led me over to the table and sat me down.
My eyes widened at this.
“No, not this morning. Don’t worry Evie. Your secrets safe with me.” He smiled at me, assuring me of his honesty.
I nodded and had a bite of the toast Adrienne served up for me.
“Gosh my dear, you’re so thin. Here, have some more.” She said, loading my plate up with eggs, bacon and more toast.
“Thank you,” I said quietly, “but I probably won’t be able to eat it all.”
“Don’t worry about it. Now Ryan, where did you find Evie?” she asked, now looking at Ryan.
“Uhh,” he looked over to me from the corner of his eye and I nodded reluctantly, “I found her while she was sleeping.” He replied.

She now turned to me, “Where were you sleeping?” she asked curiously.
“Uhh, in an alley.” I mumbled.
“Sorry, what?” she asked politely.
I sighed, “In an alley.”
“An alley? Sweetie, please. Take up my offer. Stay with us, I’m sure Ryan wouldn’t mind. Would you Ryan?” she asked, turning towards him.
He shook his head and smiled at me.

“But, I can’t. Then Holly and Bill and everyone else will know something is up. Besides, I’ve been doing this since I was 7 and I’m 18 now.” I replied.
“Well, Ryan could back you up and you could tell them that you’re parents moved or something. Although I’d much prefer you tell them the truth.” Adrienne sighed.
“I-I can’t.” I said sadly, feeling as if I were about to cry.
“Hey, it’s ok.” Ryan said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

I shook my head and looked up at the both of them, “I can’t do it. They’d hate me.” I said sadly.
“No they wouldn’t. And if anybody did, I’d totally kick their arse!”
“Ryan!” Adrienne scolded.
“Sorry mom. Anyways, I’ll back you up alright?” Ryan said with a smile.
“So, what do you say sweetie. Would you like to move in with us?” she asked.
I looked at Adrienne who smiled, and then to Ryan, who smiled as well, “Ok.” I replied, feeling a small smile start to appear.
---

“Do you mind if I head over to Holly’s before school starts?” I asked as I grabbed my bag.
“No, go ahead sweetie. Ryan, can you drive her?” Adrienne asked him.
“Sure thing mom,” he said, pecking her cheek, “We’ll see you later. Bye!”
“Bye dears, be safe!” she called after us.
“We will!” I called back before following Ryan over to his car.

“Here we are. I’ll see you after school right? You’re not gonna bail are you?” he asked as he pulled up to Holly’s.
“Uhh, I don’t know. I don’t think so anyways. Thanks for the lift.” I said to him before getting out of the car and walking up to Holly’s front door.
“I’ll pick you up from here ‘round 3pm!” he shouted out to me.
I nodded and waved, showing I heard him before I watched him drive away.

I knocked 3 times and waited. A few seconds later, Patrick opened the door looking worried.
“What’s wrong?” I asked him.
“Holly, she-she won’t stop throwing up. I don’t know how to help her.” He told me.
I raced past him and up to her bathroom where I saw her leaning over the toilet, emptying her stomach into the porcelain bowl. I immediately knelt behind her and rubbed her back before turning around and grabbing the bottle of water I brought with me and handed it to her. She took a sip, gargled and rinsed her mouth out before having a drink.

“Thanks.” She said tiredly.
“No problem. Come on, let’s get you to bed. I don’t think you could handle school right now.” I said, helping her up and leading her to her room.
She got changed into some track pants and a loose top (which is assume to be Bill’s) and crawled under her covers.
“I’ll be downstairs if you need me ok?” I said to her.

She nodded tiredly and snuggled into her pillow. Once I heard her breathing soften, I walked out of the room quietly and walked downstairs where Patrick and Pete were sitting down. As I walked past, Pete grabbed me around the waist and pulled me into his lap.
“Peter.” I groaned, as I tried to wiggle free.
“Pete, let her go man.” Patrick said.
I heard Pete sigh before letting me go. I immediately walked over to the other couch and sat down.

“So, how is she?” Patrick asked nervously.
“She’s fine. She’s asleep now.” I replied.
A look of relief came over him and I saw him relax, “Good. Thank you Evie.” He said.
“No problem. Do you mind if I stay here? It’s just that I told Holly that if she needed me I’d be down here.” I explained.
Patrick nodded, “Sure. We’re heading out for a bit anyways.”
“Alright, well I’ll see you later then.”
They both nodded before grabbing whatever they needed and leaving.

I grew bored easily so I quietly made my way back up to Evie’s room, grabbed my guitar and settled myself on the cushions in the corner before beginning to play softly.
“Evie?” Holly asked quietly.
I stopped playing and looked over at her, “Yeah?” I replied.
“Mhmm keep playing.” She mumbled before laying her head back on the pillow and closing her eyes.
I smiled before I continued on with the lullaby.

When it was almost 3pm, Holly was feeling better so she had a shower and got changed into some normal clothes.
“Do you want to hang out with us this afternoon? Bill invited us to band practise again.” She said.
“Oh no, it’s ok. I’m actually gonna hang out with Ryan.” I replied.
“Oh, that’s cool.” Holly replied, putting the finishing touches on her eyeliner.
“Yeah. Well, it’s almost 3pm, Ryan’s picking me up from here.” I told her.
“Alright, I’ll come downstairs with you. Bill’s picking me up too.”

When we got outside we saw William and Ryan talking through the open windows of their cars.
“Hey.” Holly and I chorused.
“Hey.” They both replied.
“Well, I’ll see you later.” I said, giving Holly a hug and Bill a wave before getting into the car with Ryan.

“How was school?” I asked as we drove away.
He shrugged, “It was alright. But I’ve learnt all the stuff before so it gets kinda boring.” He replied.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Well, I was in all extended classes all throughout school, so 2 years ago I was learning stuff that I am now. But I failed a class so they put me into the normal classes so now I’m ahead of everyone. Confusing, I know.” He replied.
I chuckled, “Yeah. So, do you have anything on this afternoon?” I asked him.
“Yeah, band practise at Grandma Smith’s,” he replied, “do you want to come?” he asked.
“Sure.” I replied, butterflies erupting once I realised I was going to see Brendon.

10 minutes later, we arrived at a nice looking cottage with 2 other cars parked out the front.
“Everybody’s already here.” Ryan smiled, parking the car and getting out.
I followed him timidly into the open garage where I saw many different instruments.
“Ryan! You’re late.” Jon said.
“Oh bull, you’re all just early... for once.” He replied with a roll of his eyes.

“Hey, Evie right?” Jon asked.
I nodded politely even though I didn’t particularly like him for what he did to Holly.
“Evie?” a smooth, gorgeous voice asked.
I looked around before my eyes settled upon Brendon who was smiling.

“Hi.” He smiled as he looked at me.
“Hi.” I replied shyly, a blush forming on my cheeks.
“Well, let’s get started.” Spencer said from behind his drum set.

They played a few songs, stopping and starting until they got it right. But, other than that, they were amazing! Whoever signed them was never going to regret it.
“Wow! You guys were great!” I smiled at them.
“Thanks.” They all chorused.
I smiled back. Suddenly someone’s phone began to ring.

“Sorry.” Brendon apologised, taking his phone out of his pocket and answering it.
A thought came into my head. They were amazing, therefore a record label would love them... and I think I knew somebody who would.
“So... have you sent away any demos or anything like that?” I asked the rest of them.
“Well, we’ve recorded a few.” Ryan replied.

“Could I have a copy? I want to show someone.” More like the devil.
“Uhh yeah. I’ll give you one when we get home.” Ryan replied.
“We, home? What does that mean Ryan?” Brendon asked curiously, putting his phone back into his pocket.
“Uhh-” Ryan said, not knowing what to say.

“I’m staying with them. His mum is basically family so I’m staying with them for a while.” I lied.
“Oh... but what about your parents?” Brendon asked.
What parents, “Uhh they’re on holidays. I didn’t want to go so... yeah.” I lied again, oh this is going to end up biting me in the arse.
“Oh, cool.” He smiled.
---

“Ok, well we better get going.” Ryan said, getting up from the ratty couch.
“Oh, ok.” Brendon said, not looking too happy about it.
“Yeah, well, I’ll see you guys later.” Ryan said.
“Yeah, me too. See you guys. Again, you were amazing.” I smiled, following Ryan out to the car.

“You lied pretty convincingly.” Ryan stated.
“Not normally. Normally when I lie I stutter or something.” I replied shamefully.
“Yeah? Cool. Well, you did well.”
“Thank you.” I replied, not being able to get rid of the bad feeling in my stomach.
This was not going to end well.
Sign up to rate and review this story