Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 7 Venting

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 7

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-03 - Updated: 2008-10-04 - 950 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 7 Venting

The next day the girls had a tiny celebratory lunch at a tiny, yet clean, Chinese restaurant before going to look for bridesmaid dresses. The girls had just given the waitress their order, when Larissa asked, "Is this an appropriate time to make a toast?"

"Just as long as I don't have to do it," Aina said.

"I didn't ask you now did I?" Larissa asked sarcastically. "Anyways, I just wanted to say congratulations to Jenna on her new job. Hopefully, it's not too much work for you. So here's to her, but also to the three of us as a whole. We've been through so much together, since we were babies, and now we're doing alright. Yay us," she finished.

"Yay us," Jenna and Aina echoed.

"So Aina, how are the wedding plans coming along?"Jenna asked.

Aina and Larissa scoffed.

"It's just as bad as when I helped you with your wedding," Aina said.

When the girls were around 10 years old they made apact that they would be each others bridesmaids.

"Who's gonna be the maid of honor?" Larissa asked Jenna.

"Can't we play something else?" Aina whined. "It's gonna be a loooonnnnnnggg time before we get married anyway."

"No, we have to plan as soon as possible," Jenna said.

"Well then, can't you both be my maid of honor?"

"No Aina, there is only one maid of honor," Jenna said in a know it all voice.


"Well, I don't wanna choose if I can only pick one," Larissa thought out loud.

"But we have to!" Jenna exclaimed. "How about this, I'll put our names in my pencil box and then we'll pick one. Whoever's name is on the paper will be your maid of honor."

"Yeah, then no one will be left out and we don't have to pick," Larissa said excitedly as Jenna shook the box to mix up the pieces of paper.

"Okay you first," Jenna held out the box to Aina.

"Why me?"

"Because me and Larissa voted and you lost," Jenna said.

In the end Aina got Larissa, Larissa got Jenna, and Jenna got Aina.

"Thank goodness this is the last wedding I help plan," Aina said bringing Jenna out of her reverie.

"You sound excited about getting married," Jenna joked.

"I am I swear!" Aina said with a smile on her face.

"But?" Larissa prompted.

"But nothing, I'm just so frustrating with all the planning, picking, coordinating, and gah! I wish we could just... elope," Aina said causing the other two to erupt in laughter.

After a filling lunch the girls headed to a nearby shop.

"So I guess us eating before trying on dresses is so that we feel confident for either being the same size or smaller when the final fitting comes around?" Aina asked as she stepped into the shop.

"Exactly," Larissa replied before heading to one side of the store to look for dresses.

After getting help from one of the sales women they were able to comb through the racks of dresses more quickly.

"What do you think of this?" The sales woman asked holding a pink dress.

"Do you have it in a different color?" Aina asked back.

"No, we only have it in pink."

"Then let's keep looking."

"Aina has allergic reactions to things that are pink," Jenna informed the sales woman, who didn't seem to catch the joke.

"How about this?" Larissa asked holding up a yellow dress.

"That looks nice, Riss. How about you try it on and we'll see," Aina instructed before the sales woman helped Larissa try the dress on. "So," Aina said turning to Jenna after a few minutes. "Did you and Kevin do anything special to celebrate your new job?"

Before Jenna could answer Larissa came out exclaiming, "Tada!"

"Nice," Aina and Jenna said together. "Just not on you."

"Agreed," Larissa said before turning around to change back.

"I haven't actually told him yet," Jenna answered Aina's question.

"What!?!"

"What? What happened?" Larissa asked from the dressing room.

"Nothing urgent," Aina informed. "Jenna just hasn't told Kevin about getting the job."

"Well he's just been so busy with that new singer. I didn't want to bother him."

"Jenna, it's not a bother to tell someone you got a job," Larissa reasoned as she came back out.

Even while she looked at a dress of a disgusting green color Aina sensed that Jenna wasn't telling the whole truth and asked, "What's the real problem?"

"Have you met Loretta and Chelsea?"

"Loretta? Medium length dark brown hair, okay chest, long legs? Yeah. As for Chelsea no, but I know she's a new artist, with some bizarre last name, and that Joe and Sam are writing a few songs for her debut album," Aina answered with a questioning look.

"Yeah, well, she's just as gorgeous as Loretta only with bigger boobs and normal sized legs," Jenna said with apparent jealousy dripping off of every word.

"You're not seriously jealous of them are you?" Larissa asked.

"Wouldn't you be?" Jenna said getting a bit upset. "They were over at the house last night. I mean Kevin's spending all his time with those two."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about. So what if they look good, Kevin's a great guy..."

"Which is why they'll want him!" Jenna interrupted.

"Okay, but I was gonna say, he's a great guy and would never cheat on you," Aina finished.

"Yeah, I guess."

"AND! You need to tell him about your new job."

Jenna just nodded in response.

"Good. Now, as for that ugly green dress, it would look better in... powder blue," Larissa said causing Aina to beam.

"Blue! That'll be great."
Sign up to rate and review this story