Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 6 Rejected?

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 6

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-02 - Updated: 2008-10-03 - 970 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 6 Rejected?

"You know it's not really conventional for me to do this, but I would really love it if you joined our staff," Lucy Samuels, the head of human resources at Cape Springs Hospital, said to Jenna.

"So, that means?" Jenna asked.

Mrs. Samuels gave a slight laugh and said, "Well, it means I'm offering you the job. Are you willing to take it?"

"I would love to," Jenna said with a giant smile on her face.

"Great. Well, we have an orientation for the new staff members. There are about 5 others. It's on Monday and you do get paid for it," she explained. Jenna sat across from Mrs. Samuels as she wrote down every detail in her planner. "I'll see you on Monday," she said.

"Okay, see you Monday."

Jenna walked out of the hospital with a smile on her face. She finally got a job. Once she got to the car she pulled out her phone to text Larissa and Aina.

I got called in for an interview and got hired all in the same day! She texted before texting Kevin saying, When do you expect to be home? I have something to tell you.

After sending it she sat in the car just taking it all in.

"I can't believe this," she sighed.

Her phone beeped indicating that she got a new text message. She looked at her phone seeing it was from Aina.

Congrats girl! Welcome to the land of the employed. The three of us need to get together and celebrate. Get Larissa to plan it!Haha

Jenna shook her head with a light laugh. She definitely has been spending too much time with Joe, she thought as she turned the car on and backed out of her parking spot.

When Jenna got to the apartment after treating herself to a filling lunch, she saw a car in her parking spot. She went around to visitor parking, but there were no open stalls. In the end she had to find parking on the street. The closest parking spot was a block away.

I'm so lucky I'm not wearing heels, Jenna thought as she walked the block back to her apartment.

When she opened the door her ears were greeted by the sound of laughter.

"Jenna?" A second later Kevin came into view from the kitchen.

"Kevin? What are you doing home so early?" Jenna asked throwing a glance towards the kitchen.

"Well, we were working on a song and we all didn't like being in the office, so we all came here."

"Oh, well, keep working. I won't interrupt."

Kevin grabbed her hand before she could walk away. "No, it's okay. We're not doing anything right now anyway," he said as he pulled her into the kitchen.

"Hey Jenna," Joe said with a guitar in his hands sitting on the counter. All she could do was smile in return.

"Guys, this is my wife..."

"And my sister-in-law," Joe interrupted Kevin.

"And Joe's sister-in-law, Jenna," Kevin introduced."Jenna, you've heard of these guys. That's Loretta Allan," Kevin motioned towards the woman that looked to young to be a manager. Her dark brown hair was pulled back in a French braid. Her pale skin only made her dark hair seem darker and her bright blue eyes brighter, and to top it all off she had long, luscious, legs that would make any woman jealous. Loretta gave a small smile accompanied by a slight nod.

Only supermodels have legs like that, Jenna thought to herself.

"That's Chelsea Popalopulus, but she's just gonna go by Chelsea... you know like Cher or Madonna?" Kevin continued with the introductions.

"Hello," Chelsea greeted pulling out a little Rubik's Cube. Even in that small word you could still hear her Australian accent.

Now those have to be fake, Jenna though as she looked over to the dark haired, light skinned, and big breasted girl sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"And this is Sam," Kevin finished motioning to the only male she didn't know. He stood next to Joe bobbing his head to the tune Joe was playing on the guitar. He gave Jenna a simple wave and smile.

"It was nice meeting all of you. Ummm... I'll just be getting out of your way," Jenna said.

"Why?" Joe asked. "Just stick around. Maybe you can help us come up with an idea."

"Joe, I doubt I'll be able to help," Jenna said with alight laugh before leaving.

Kevin walked out after her. "Hey," he said to get her to turn around. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said simply.

"Okay. Did you have a good lunch?"

"Subway, it was great."

"How was the bubble bath?" Kevin asked with a little smirk.

Jenna finally cracked a smile as she rolled her eyes at her husband. "Actually, I didn't have one."

"But you were supposed to think of me," Kevin whined.

"I had other things I had to do."

Kevin gave her a questioning look. "Like what?"

"Did you get my text?"

"Don't change the subject and no, I didn't," Kevin said pulling out his phone. He had a new text message. After he read it he looked up expecting an explanation. "So, what do you wanna tell me?"

"Come on Kevin, the sooner you get in here, the sooner we'll get this done," came a female voice from the kitchen. Jenna could tell it was Loretta from the lack of accent.

"You should get back in there," Jenna said.

"I want you to tell me first."

"It can wait, don't worry about it," she gave Kevin a peck on the cheek before walking into the bathroom. Once she was in the bathroom she locked the door and leaned against it. It's no wonder he doesn't have any problems working late.
Sign up to rate and review this story