Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 5 Being Stood Up

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 5

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-01 - Updated: 2008-10-02 - 948 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 5 Being Stood Up

It's been two weeks since Jenna found out that she passed her NCLEX exam. She spent her time at home filling out online applications to different hospitals and waiting for the hospitals to call her in for an interview.

"If I weren't still uber happy about passing I'd be upset that no one's called me in yet," Jenna said to Kevin one morning before he went to work.

"Why don't you join me on my lunch break today? It'll get your mind off of things for a little bit and we get to spend more time together," Kevin suggested.

Jenna and Kevin hadn't been spending a lot of time together since he was pulling late hours in the past week, coming home around 9 or 10 instead of the usual 6. There was a new artist that got signed to TTR, Chelsea Popalopulus, and he, Joe, and another co-worker of theirs, Loretta Allan, were busy helping her with her debut album.

"You won't be too busy helping Joe write songs for Chelsea?" Jenna asked.

"I think he and Sam are actually working on something by themselves, so I'm free for lunch," Kevin said with a smile on his face.

Since she could never resist Kevin's smile she agreed and dropped him off to work.

"Just meet me at the Starbucks down the street okay?" Kevin said when Jenna pulled up to TTR.

"Okay, have fun. Don't work too hard," Jenna said before giving Kevin a kiss goodbye.

Once Jenna got home she went straight to the computer.

I really have no life, Jenna thought to herself as she typed in games.aol.com in the address bar. She seemed to be the only one that wasn't busy with a job. She would meet with Aina a couple times talking about how they both needed to get hired and soon. Unfortunately, Jenna lost her unemployed buddy since Aina was hired by Accountemps. So, for the past 3 days, while she waited for a call from anyone, she played online games to pass the time.

Around 12:45 Jenna left the apartment for the Starbucks down the street from TTR. Kevin usually took his lunch breaks at 1:00 to avoid the normal 12:00 lunch rush.

Jenna walked into the Starbucks and saw that Kevin wasn't there just yet, so she decided to order his drink for him. After getting their drinks she sat at one of the tables by the window in perfect view of the outside as well as the front door.

Ten minutes later and Jenna was done with her drink and started drinking Kevin's.

Maybe he's running a little late, Jenna thought to herself.

It was now 1:15 and still no Kevin. Jenna picked up her phone and decided to give him a call.

"Jenna! I'm so sorry, I forgot," was Kevin's greeting when he answered the phone.

"So..." Jenna prompted.

"I'm kinda busy and I forgot about lunch. I'm sorry I stood you up, but I can't leave right now," Kevin apologized more.

"That's okay. Ummm... did you want me to bring you adrink before I head home?"

"I don't deserve a drink after standing you up. Just go home and enjoy a... nice bubble bath or something."

"Okay, I guess I'll just head home then."

"Think of me in the bath?" Kevin asked in a low voice so that others couldn't hear him and trying to sound sexy at the same time.

"Who else would I think of?" Jenna asked with a small smile playing on her lips while walking out to the car.

"Come on Kevin, we gotta get going if we're gonna be on schedule," came a female voice in the background.

"Who's that?" Jenna asked.

"Loretta, you know Chelsea's Manager?"

"Oh, right."

"Well, I gotta go. I'll see you when I get home."

"Yeah, right. Don't work too hard," she said before they hung up.

Jenna had been home for an hour after leaving Starbucks. She was moping around the house, upset that she didn't get to have time with Kevin, when the ringing of the phone could be heard throughout the living room.

"Hello?" Jenna greeted in a polite voice.

"Hello, may I speak to Jenna Jonas please?" The woman on the other end of the line asked.

"This is Jenna."

"Hello Jenna, this is Lucy Samuels from Cape Springs Hospital. I'm calling in regards to the application you submitted."

"Yes?" She said getting nervous.

"I was wondering if you'd be able to come in for an interview today."

"Well, I can be there in 45 minutes," Jenna said excitedly.

"That would be wonderful. I'll see you then."

"Okay bye." Jenna placed the phone on the receiver and stared at it for a full 5 minutes before snapping out of it. "Oh my god," she said starting to get nervous again. "I have to change!"

Jenna ran to her closet to look for a proper outfit to wear to an interview. It took her 30 minutes to finally decide on wearing aplain, simple, white, long sleeve, button up blouse and a pair of black slacks with her black Mary Janes. She ran out of her room grabbed her purse with her wallet, planner, phone, and car keys, ran out the apartment, locking the door behind her, down the elevator, and out to the car.

"Okay Jenna, relax," she coached herself. "Just take deep, calming breaths. It always helped Aina, so it should help you too."

Going slightly over the speed limit, Jenna got to the hospital in 5 minutes.

This is good. I didn't get pulled over and I'm here early. You can do this Jenna, she thought as she walked through the sliding doors to get to her interview.
Sign up to rate and review this story