Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dragon Shifter

car jacking and dentist ward from hell

by assuming_she_is_dead 0 reviews

Max, Stud and Ash find themselves steeling a car to save Jess.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-04 - 1248 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
Max's P.O.V.

"What happened to her?" shouted Stud as we ran down the subway.

"We were ambushed and she was shot with this dart thing, luckily we got passed them before it took effect." Ash spluttered as he struggled for air. "And we can't find the SPS with out her help."

"There must have been a reason why she said meet at the bridge so lets go there, maybe they'll be there." I said, knowing full well that we wouldn't make it there before they found us again, what do we to do?

"But we won't make it in time." Said stud, "Not while we're carrying Jess."

"Maybe we won't have to," I could see the glee in Ash's eyes, please don't tell me he was looking at that damn car.

Stud seemed to think the same thing as the next thing he said was. "Oh no we are not steeling a car! No way!"

"Look we're already in trouble with the government and if they catch us they'll probably come up with a load of bullshit laws to charge us with, and another couple of broken laws won't make any difference. By the way if you worrying I do know how to hot wire a car and I can drive." He added, well he's got my vote, i don't fancy sticking around here. Then he looked at stud and said, "Trust me."

"I guess we have no choice so get on with it." Muttered Stud, not looking so sure. I think it had something to do with the fact that last year they did a little joyriding and Ash almost killed them both, after somehow breaking the steering wheel, mind you that would put anyone off joyriding. Oh yeah and then they got caught but the police and Stud's mum went mental, she scared him so much he spend most of the next week at my house and I had to force him to go home.

"Yes!" Ash bounced towards the car almost throwing Jess at us. I couldn't help but laugh, even though any effort we made seemed like it would turn out to be worthless he still acted like a five year old, who's impossible dreams of make-believe worlds and friends that stick by you and would never lie to you, no matter what the cost came true. If only all friends were like that.
"Max? Max! Hurry up!"

"Huh... coming." If only.

As I climbed in the sound of helicopters started again with the blinding searchlights. "Ash stay calm, act casual, don't draw attention to us and only speed to the bridge if they look like they have recognised us."

"Okay." He said breathing deeply to calm himself down as drove slowly out of the parking space. But that wasn't what surprised me, what surprised me was the fact that he was using indicators.
We drove slowly along the streets, damn 30m/ph speed limits, I know why we have them but if people actually looked before they crossed the road (yeah I know but it's surprising how many people seem to be incapable of using their eye) then they wouldn't be as necessary to have speed limits that low.

We arrived ten minutes later at the bridge with amazingly no problems. The helicopters had passed over us and were still searching in completely the wrong place on the other side of town.
"See I told you to trust me and you did! And it worked!" said hyperactive Ash as hopped out of the car.

Stud lent towards me from the front seat and whisper, "I think all of this running from the government and car jacking has got to his head."

"Oh... I thought it was him going crazy from the prospect of losing Jess" I said smiling lightly.

"Yeah it's probably both." He said as he too hopped out the car.

As I got out the car I noticed a figure hiding in the shadows of the bridge, he did nothing, just watched us. I didn't say anything to the others, after all it could be a test set up by SPS. Instead I pretended I hadn't seen him but I kept by eye on him in case he tried to shoot us, or something.

"Get the fuck away from me you freak!" some one shouted for the car. It was jess, there was Stud and Ash trying to get her out the car and there she is shouting her head off and drawing attention to us. "HELP!!" she shouted.

"Jess listen to me, it's Stud, your friend, and Ash and Max are here as well."

Oh crap, she continued to shout for help. It was as if she had forgotten who we were, and everything else she knew along with it.

"You can't help her," spoke the figure, "not here." The figure walked forward to show a young man in his early twenties. A scar ran down the side of his face, his dark mattered hair covered the majority of his face and the scar but it seemed to make the parts of the scar that were visible, well more visible.

"Umm... Who are you?" I asked hesitantly. I looked over as Ash and Stud who looked completely shocked about the fact they didn't notice him before.

"James Rust, SPS field agent," he said as he walked over to Jess who was still screaming. I wish she would just shut up. "What happened we were supposed to meet her and Lara last night but she never arrived with her, and then you three turned up this morning? But where is Lara?"

"Can we tell you once we're off the streets, cause this place gives me the creeps." I said.
"Yeah same" said Stud.

"Sure follow me."

We followed him under the bridge to where he had been standing and there almost invisible in the dark was a door. "This way, don't touch the door," he said as he opened it. We followed him through to a brightly lit corridor that led down under where the road was above on the surface.

"Don't you get unwanted guests coming through that door? I mean there's no lock or anything." I said to break the silence. I kind of wish we had stayed on the streets, this place gave me the creeps even more, it's like a dentist ward from hell.

"No we don't. Anyone who isn't in our system is knocked out when they touch the door, then we intricate them and depending on their intensions, then we decide to do with them. Normally we give them amnesia pills and they wake up the other side of town."

"Oh"

"Max help! Jess has fainted." Screamed Stud from behind me.

"Follow me now!" shouted James as he started to run in front of us.

I helped Stud and Ash with Jess as we ran down the corridor after James until we entered a room that looked as though it had been blown up.

"Oh my god," said a woman from behind a computer. She took one look at Jess and said, "When was she shot?"

"About 20 minutes ago." Replied Ash.

"Shit! Get her on that bed NOW!" she ran back to her desk and grabbed a small red box and placed it next to bed where we had placed Jess. Then much to my disgust asked us to leave and we were bundled out into the corridor.

And there we waited.
Sign up to rate and review this story