Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Getting My Baby Back

I Don't Love You Like I Did Yesterday

by Moonshyne 5 reviews

Gerard considers ending his sobriety until he's stopped.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 803 words

3Moving
Gerard’s POV

I sat at the bar and ordered what used to be my usual, vodka straight up. How could she do this to me. Didn’t she understand that I loved her. But most importantly how could I have done that to her? It was supposed to be a joke. Bryar was the outcast amongst outcasts and now, now all our lives are so much fucking more complicated. Bryar of all fucking people knocked up the love of my life. I sat there and chuckled at prospect of what the kid would look like probably weigh almost a hundred pounds if she was anything like him. But I have to admit he did slim down a lot and I could see more than one girl in the crowd swooning over him. And soon it would be one more, my Alyssa.

I closed my eyes knowing two years of hard work was going down the drain and brought the drink to my lips the cold glass touching them. It was then that I felt a strong arm pulling it away and then the voice I hated.

“Not tonight Way. Tonight you forget about any fucking problems you have and play sober. I fucking heard about what you did? How you fucking blew it. Not tonight Way think of someone besides your self for once. Tonight’s for Patrick.”

He was right I did blow it. We used to have ARs beating at our doors but once they saw us on stage especially me falling down drunk they all walked away. I not only blew it for me I blew it for Ray, Matt, Frank and worst of all Mikey. But they stuck by me and now I’ve been sober for two years and there are still no ARs are coming by. It fucking sucks because we sound better then ever. And we’re from fucking Jersey all the other bands are getting calls everyday.

“Besides Way I pulled a few strings and got a couple of ARs out here it would do you and your band good if you were sober.”

“Why the fuck you being so nice Bryar?”

“Like I said Patrick believed in you.”

Why the fuck did he have to be so nice, it wasn’t god damn fair. Why wasn’t he like that in school. Maybe he was it’s just I never cared. No wonder Patrick liked him.

He started to walk away when I spoke, “She’s here tonight.”

He turned around, he knew exactly who I was talking about.

“Keep your fucking bitch away from me. I’m not fifteen anymore and won’t be used as a way to get drugs.”

So he knew we used him as part of a dare. I wonder if his tune would change once he knew. I’m sure it would because I can still see in his eyes he loves her. How do I know this? It’s the same look in my eyes when I hear her name.

I look at the bartender, “Can you get rid of this and get me a diet coke?”

I hear a familiar voice coming at me, “There you are we’re going on in fifteen,” said Matt.

Fifteen minutes later

“We want to thank you all for coming here tonight,” I said into the mic. “Patrick was a very special friend to all of us. Tonight there is also a very special person out there to me and I dedicate this next song to her.”

Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

When after all this time that you still owe
You're still, the good-for-nothing I don't know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow

So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can
Whoa, whooa

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Well come on, come on

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday


I saw Alyssa in the crowd and her eyes were tearing up. Good now she knows just how much she hurt me.
Sign up to rate and review this story