Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wait, Brendon Urie, He's Adopting Me?

The First Practice

by panic_at_the_disco 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-10-05 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 1538 words - Complete

0Unrated
2 days after the funeral

"Hey James can I talk to daddy?" I asked James on the phone. He's so cute.

"Okay Leigh," he said.

"Hello?" Spencer echoed.

"Spence?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"I'm worried, about Kevin," I said flat out.

"Shouldn't you talk to Gerelyn or Brendon about this?" he asked certainly uncomfortable with the conversation we are heading on having.

"No I need to talk to you," I said.

"Okay well why are you worried?" he asked.

"He's not acting normal, after his mom and final exams, and these freaking college
applications, he's well odd," I said.

"Have you tried talking to him?" he asked.

"Well he doesn't talk lately," I frowned knowing I didn't succeed.

"Talk to him," Spence urged.

"Spencer do you remember when mom and dad died, was I this mopy?" I asked.

"Not at all, remember you were all googoly eyes over Kevin," he said.

"I guess it's my job to comfort him," I sighed.

"Basically, maybe tell Al to say something to cheer him up, I know what's its like with no parents and as do you so don't make him cry, guys don't like to cry in front of girls, especially their girlfriends," he added. Wow since when was Spencer the one who gives the best advice?

"Thanks Spencer, Talk to ya later," I said into the phone.

"Bye Princess Leigh," he commented before ending the conversation.

I walked downstairs to see Gerelyn feeding Sammy some cereal. You'd think the Sunday before graduation I'd be buying my dress, but Im not. Gerelyn and I are going dress shopping Wednesday.

"Gerelyn, I'm in dying need to go to Kevin's house, can I go for a while?" I asked making sure I sounded desperate.

"Sure, take some Pop-tarts to go," she said making sure I get a balanced meal. I grabbed the strawberry tart and thanked her.

I walked very slowly to Kevin's sister's fiance's house where they are now living. I rang the doorbell, and groggily Kevin answered the door.

His hair was really messed up, he was in pajamas, his eyes had purple bags underneath them, and his eyes were puffy from crying.

"Hi," I whispered.

He didn't answer much but, "Hmph."

"Kevin I know you're not really feeling so great, but please you can't mope around its unhealthy," I said inviting myself in.

"What's unhealthy is you being in this messy house," he said referring to the messiest house I've ever seen.

"Kevin stop, please, come to my house, stay over tonight, you can keep acting like this I need to help you get your priorities straight," I said trying to help him.

"Leigh I appreciate what you're doing for me but I just need to stay here for a while," he said in a calm voice.

"Kevin!" I shouted.

"What?" he groaned.

"Change out of those clothes we're going for a walk!" I demanded. I walked to his room and found a pair of jeans, and a nice shirt.

"Change," I ordered as he took off his shirt. He's so hot without his shirt on. Hmm.
He was now in good decent clothes.

I walked passed Kevin smelling him.

"Please deodorant, and toothpaste," I said sending him straight to the bathroom.
He walked slouching and finished in 2 minutes. In that time I cleaned his room slightly and wrote a note to his sister explaining he's sleeping over my house, and we're leaving. I grabbed him some clothes, and his notebook with his lyrics and swung his backpack over his back for him.

We laced hands and walked out the door.

"Why are you doing this?" Kevin asked.

"Doing what?" I wondered.

"Helping me," he stated.

"Kevin I love you and I want what's best for you," I said.

He started to tear up. I've only seen Kevin cry 6 times in my life.

First when He got his first B in 7th grade. Yes, he'd cry over something like that.

Second when he heard I was moving.

Third when I was in the hospital.

Fourth time when he heard the news.

Fifth time at the funeral.

And the sixth time now.

"I love you with all my heart Leigh," he sniffed.

I dialed Scot and Al, thank god for three way, my phone was dying.

"Guys bring some instruments and shit to my house you're having your first practice," I demanded shutting them off.

"Let's take a detour," Kevin said getting a hold of me.

He smirked, smiled, anything to do with being his old self.

"You see this is the Kevin I know," I said as Kevin pushed me to the tree.

I kissed him lightly, and he kissed back.

Old geezers [a/n: People do use that word ahem Janet!] kept on glaring at us so we stopped and continued our way home, well my home.

When we got there Al, and Scot, were in the basement.

"Let's practice," Al shouted. He was eager.

"Leigh no quiero, ahora no puedo!" Kevin shouted to me in Spanish. Leigh I don't want to, I can't play now.

"Calma te si que vas a practicar," I ordered. Calm down, yes you are going to practice.

Al and Scot exchanged glances. They were utterly confused by our Spanish.

I took out Kevin's lyrics books, which he has kept for like a billion years.

I read through it for the first time in my life. They were basically about me. Every since 2005 there were songs about me. He likes to date everything.

I looked at the first line, and smiled and handed Kevin back his book.

"Leigh why don't you go so we can practice," Scot hinted.

"Oh yeah I think I should, but by the time I get back you better have 2 songs written," I said rushing them.

I walked upstairs to see smiling Brendon at the top step.

"You know they won't right?" he asked using his wisdom with song writing and composing.

"I'm fully aware, but it gives them a goal," I laughed.

"Brendon," I wailed.

"Yes Leigh?" he asked.

"Where are the twins?" I asked defensive of my baby sisters.

"They went to a party," he said.

"Who's party?" I wondered. Brendon repapered from behind the counter.

"I think his name is Eugene Preston," Brendon said.

"Eugene, I've heard of him," I recalled, "Is there parental supervision?"

"No clue," Brendon replied.

"Brendon do you know what 11 year olds do when there is no-one around?" I asked.

"Well I played with firecrackers," he laughed.

"No they experiment, with whatever's around!" I panicked. They can be like drinking, or even worse!

"I'll go over there," I said ripping the page with his address out of the Yellow Pages.

"Here," Brendon said plopping the car keys into my hand.

"You're letting me use your car?' I asked.

"Yeah now go," he urged knowing I'm right. Im always right!

I drove to this house. I rang the doorbell.

"Parents are here early!" I heard someone call.

I knocked once again on the hard wood door.

A small boy aged eleven answered the door. I assume it was Eugene.

"Are Lily and Josie here?' I asked. The boy shook his head yes nervously. I stepped into the living room to find my sisters.

"Why do you have sparkles all over your lips?" I asked shaking my head in disapprovement. Already kissing girls, people these days.

I saw my sisters, "Come girls Brendon wants you home, now."

They stomped off to the car without saying anything. Then I tripped over something. I looked down and it was a bottle of beer.

"I'm getting all your names and your parents are going to find out about this," I said picking the bottle of beer to prove to Brendon he's n ass for letting them go to a birthday party with no adults.

We got into the car and I started to scream in outrage, "Are you guys nuts? Kids your age can die from a couple beers!"

"What and you can't die?" Lily answered back.

"That's not the point! You guys can't handle the alcohol!" I screamed, "Never mind that, but why didn't you tell Brendon or Gerelyn or even me about the party not having adults!"

The girls didn't answer. Once we got home I let Brendon deal with it.

I went downstairs, to see how the boys are doing.

"So how much of the songs do you have?" I asked.

"We have 2 songs completed like you asked," Kevin smiled.

"Can I hear one?" begged.

The boys caved in and I listened to a song. It was beautiful. It was soft rock if I may.

"Brendon come listen to this!" I shouted.

Brendon walked downstairs.

"I wasn't done punishing those two yet, but let me listen!" Brendon was excited.

"Hold on record it," Brendon said.

"What?" the boys were confused when he said record it.

"Recording studio there," Brendon said pointing to a little box.

It was now 5 pm, and after lunch and they recorded one song.

"Time to send it to Mr. Peter!" I shouted.

I went to the computer where the song was recorded onto.

I hit the big red SEND button.

They better get signed in a months time.
Sign up to rate and review this story