Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 9 Newlywed Problems

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 9

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-05 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 1398 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 9 Newlywed Problems

Jenna went through her orientation without a problem and for the next few weeks she and Kevin have been spending less and less time together. Jenna was pulling 12 hour days at the hospital and Kevin was still working late nights at TTR.

On one of Jenna's days off she went along with Aina and Larissa to help them with the wedding plans. They were taking a break to get something to eat when Jenna called Kevin.

"Hey babe, I'm down at Denny's. You want me to get you something and bring it over?" She asked.

"You don't have to," came Kevin's voice from the other end of the phone.

"Its okay, Aina's doing the same for Joe, so I'll be there anyways."

"That'll be great, thanks," Kevin said a little distracted. "I gotta go see you later." Jenna didn't get a chance to say bye since he hung up right away.

"Sounds like someone doesn't want me to come over,"she said to the girls.

"So he said no?" Aina asked surprised.

"No, he said 'That'll be great, thanks.'"

"And the problem is?" Larissa asked.

"It sounded rushed," Jenna answered a little defensively.

Aina placed a hand on her friends shoulder and said, "He's just busy."

"It wasn't even personalized, no babe or Jenna attached to the end."

"When you're busy do you personalize your sentences?" Larissa reasoned as she smiled at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be on my side?"

"What is there to take sides on?" Aina asked at her friend's craziness.

"He might be cheating on me!" Jenna exclaimed causing other people in the restaurant to look their way.

"Might being the keyword," Aina said in a quiet voice. "We just don't want you to look like an idiot when you're wrong, which might be the case since you have no evidence."

"Evidence first, then we back you up," Larissa said with a nod.

Jenna scoffed. "What kind of evidence do you want?"

"Oh I don't know," Aina said starting to get in asarcastic mood. "How about calling out a different name when you're having sex? Or coming home lipstick marks on his clothes and slash or skin? Or a hickey maybe? Or smelling like a cheap whore? Or..."

"Okay Aina," Larissa said trying to keep her laughter in. "I think she gets it. So," she said turning looking at Jenna, "anything like that happen?"

"No," Jenna said looking timid.

"Trust me, if anything like that happens we're with you 100 percent, but he's our friend too so we have to be fair up 'till one point," Aina said with a smile.

Jenna seemed to calm down after that. They got Kevin and Joe's food and left to drop them off.

When they got to TTR Jenna headed for Kevin's new office as Aina went off in search for Joe. Jenna approached Kevin's office, it was much better than the old cubicle he had. As she got closer she could hear laughter coming from inside. The door was open so you could see Kevin sitting in his leather chair with Chelsea sitting in another chair next to him, aguitar in her hands, and Loretta across from them sitting on his mahogany desk.

"Kevin you're so funny," Loretta said as her laughter calmed down and she crossed her legs. "I'm so glad you decided to accept this position. It wouldn't be the same without you."

"Yeah, definitely," Chelsea agreed with a big smile causing Kevin to blush a little.

Jenna chose that moment to lightly knock on the office door.

"Oh, hey!" Kevin greeted.

"Hey," Jenna said back. "Here's your lunch."

"Thanks. Do you know where Joe is? He's supposed to meet us and get to work."

"Umm... someone told Aina that he was in... Studio 4? I think."

"He must be running late," Kevin said. He turned to the two girls in his office. "I guess we'll be hanging out a little longer girls. Why don't you two go get lunch or something."

"Eh, I'm not hungry," Chelsea said putting the guitar down and proceeding to preoccupy herself with a Rubik's Cube.

"But I am. I'll see you two in a bit." As Loretta headed out the door she passed by Jenna and said, "Hey Jenna."

"Hey," she said back with a light smile. "So..." she prompted Kevin to talk.

"You and the girls have other things to do?" He asked as he stepped out of his office and closed the door behind him.

"Just a little bit."

"Then you should go. I wouldn't want Aina to turn into her own nightmare, bridezilla," Kevin said with a laugh.

"If you're talking about me I'm gonna slap you," Jenna said in mock anger.

Kevin placed his free hand on his chest feigning shock and looking as innocent as possible. "I would never talk about my wife like that," he said.

Jenna gave him a light slap and giggled at his silliness. "I'm gonna go now. See you at home," she said with a smile before turning around and walking away.

"Hey, Jenna?" Kevin called. She turned around and gave him a questioning look. "I know I've been working a lot lately and I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time to spend with you."

Jenna shook her head saying "You don't have to apologize. This is your job. I completely understand."

"I love you," Kevin said before giving her a kiss.

"I love you, too," she replied. "I'll see you at home."

After Jenna was in the elevator down the hall and out of site, Kevin walked back into his office with a gloomy look on his face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chelsea asked when she looked up from her cube of multiple colors.

"Nothing," Kevin lied.

"I know we haven't known each other for very long, but when someone as smiley and happy as you walks into a room with that look on your face, there has to be something wrong."

"I just miss my wife, that's all."

"I don't get it. She was just here," Chelsea said using the cube to pointing to the door. "Or do you have another one?"

Kevin let out a little chuckle. "No just one," he said. Chelsea moved her hand in a circular motion to prompt him to elaborate. "I've been working long hours, been leaving at 6 am and coming home around 10 pm, I've been working weekends sometimes too, and we hardly get to see each other," Kevin explained.

Chelsea mouthed an "Oh," before Kevin continued.

"And when we are together I try to make the best of it, but its almost like she's... pulling away from me."

"It doesn't seem like it. I mean she did bring you lunch."

"Well, sometimes it does. Like a couple weeks ago she got an interview for a nursing job at a hospital. She was hired on the spot... and she doesn't tell me till the next day!" Kevin exclaimed exasperated.

"Why are you getting worked up about one day?" Loretta asked walking in, in the middle of Kevin's rant.

"She's my wife!"

"Oh," was all Loretta could say.

"I should be the first to know," Kevin said finally calming down.

"Listen Kevin, you guys are still newlyweds. You're gonna come to little bumps like this all the time. Trust me, I know. Take this as a learning experience. Talk to her a little more," Loretta instructed.

"That's one of his problems; he has no time with work and all," Chelsea explained.

Loretta nodded her head in understanding. "Yeah, that is a problem."

"It doesn't help that she's now a nurse working on an irregular schedule. When are we supposed to talk? In bed when we're both dead tired? You know she doesn't even want to have sex anymore, and she's usually the one to start it!" Kevin said in another rant.

Loretta laughed as Chelsea made a disgusted face and said, "Okay, eww. TMI."

"TMI?" Kevin questioned.

"Too much information," Chelsea said. This only caused Loretta to laugh even harder.

"Pfew," Loretta said when her laughter subsided. "Anyways, back to the problem at hand. Just do little things like leave her little notes, send her flowers, and hey we're surprisingly ahead of schedule so maybe you can have more time with her whenever she's off."

Kevin nodded in response. "That would be nice."
Sign up to rate and review this story