Categories > Original > Romance > My Behest

Hitch

by bambi4real 0 reviews

(M/M slash) rated for future chapters. This is a story of unrequited love, and not always wanting what you have. Rayne Phelps may be unattainable but Edward Mason never said he didn't live with his...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-03-08 - Updated: 2006-03-09 - 879 words

0Unrated
Hitch

"Cooollin! The Roach is going kill me." I screeched ever the drama queen. I clung to his arm as he shifted books in his locker. It was Monday morning and I had algebra. Of course, I hadn't done the homework because I had barely been conscious during class. Colin always delivers me on days like this with an extra completed assignment.

"Stop your whining. It's grating and getting old fast." He muttered without turning around. What happened to my sweet Colin?

"What?!" I gasped one hand clutching my chest. I collapsed against the set of lockers beside him my eyes wide.

"I said cut it out I'm not messin' with you." Colin returned slamming his locker shut and starting down the hall. I got serious. Colin was really mad about something.

"Wait, Colin. I'm sorry. What's wrong?" I panted jogging to catch up with his long strides.

"Nothing. Why can't you just grow-up? It was cute when we were younger it isn't any more." That was a one eighty. This guy yesterday practically cuddled me in concern. Wait maybe that was the problem. My ultra straight friend was worried that I would take it the wrong way and make more of his concern. I know how anxious he is to not be viewed as gay. For the confused, Colin has a crush on Ericka Bask. He has been crushing on her almost as long as I have pursued Rayne.

"Colin...about yesterday...if you're worried or something...don't be." I said placing a tentative hand on his arm. I hate being uncertain. At least he stopped walking. Colin covered his eyes with his free hand and breathed deeply. I didn't know I was this tiring.

"Ward, what do you say we blow this class?" Colin turned to me a faint echo of his usual carefree self peaked out. When he looks at me like that, I can't say no. I'm a softy.

"Okay, to the park and beyond!" I yelled grabbing his arm and ran down the hall. Once the decision was made there seemed to be no reason to delay and Colin obviously agreed with me because he made no objects and aided in our escape.

"Once outside we headed out to Colin's car. He'd brought the Eclipse today. We both got in without talking. We sat in our favorite spot under a large oak side by side when we got there. Colin picked at the grass peeling blades. He didn't seem in any hurry to start the talk. I left him to work up to what was bothering him so that we could get back to having fun.

"Ward, what happened yesterday between Christian and you?" He almost whispered it.

"I told you. He kissed me." Delaying tactics, I think not.

"I know that but what did he do before that. And don't tell me nothing happened, because I saw his face it wasn't just a kiss. I told you you could tell me anything. You didn't even call yesterday to complain about Kara being at your place. You always call to complain about her. You can't stand her but you told her what happened and you won't tell me. I am supposed to be your best friend, man." That was the longest speech I ever heard Colin make in all the time I had known him. He must be more upset than I figured.

"Colin, I didn't know you were upset yesterday. It was a pretty big thing. I'm sorry I didn't call later. And I didn't tell Kara anything I wouldn't be willing to tell you. Christian cornered me in the bathroom and told me to stay away from Rayne then he kissed me. He implied that he might be interested in me." I really hope that this would satisfy him. I don't like seeing him like this.

Colin didn't say anything for a little while he just continued to pick at the grass at our feet. I stared out over the park barely noticing the children on the slides in the distance or the people playing Frisbee.

He sighed softly leaning his head against the tree.

"It's cool man. Don't sweat it. You can have your girl time with Kara." He said turning to me with a sneer. My eyes widened as he leaned in uncomfortably close. "Just don't expect me to go easy on you!" He roared knocking me over. He wrestled me to the ground and trapped my wrists above my head. We were both breathing fast and I was squirming trying to get away. I knew what was coming and he didn't disappoint me.

"Mr. Tickles RULES!" He attempted for sinister but fell short, coming off as ridiculous. That was fine with me as long as my Colin was back. That was my last coherent thought before I dissolved into helpless giggles.

"Stop! Stop! I can't take it." I gasped striving for breath.

"Say it." He didn't pause.

"No."

"Say it."

"Mr. Tickles RULES!" I yelled. I'm sure my face was suffused with color. We had been down this road many times. And like the Cubs, I never win.

"That's right, bitch know your place." He cackled. He gets carried away sometimes. Ah, the things I do for my friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story