Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Mindless Romance

Chapter 6

by GracieFoxx 1 review

Let the real drama begin.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 1517 words

0Unrated
Later that night, I was on my laptop again. This time, I was sure no one was around, so Googled Gerard again. Only this time, a new link popped up…

“GERARD WAY IS A FRAUD,” it read.
Normally I would have avoided the site. I knew there were plenty of people who loved to hate, but I was getting another atrocious gut feeling about this one…

“Oh no…” I whispered as the page loaded up. I scrambled to my feet and headed for Gerard’s bunk. He was already asleep, so I shook his shoulder as gently as I could.

“Gerard!” I whispered, “Gerard, wake up!”

“Hm?” his eyes fluttered open and rested on me.

“What is it honey?” He asked groggily.

I was about to tell him, but I stopped…
‘Did he just call me ‘honey?’ …why??’ I thought.
It was a bit awkward, but I ignored it, he was probably just too sleepy to think straight.

“You need to see this,” I prompted him.

He sat up slowly in his bunk and squinted as I placed the laptop in front of him. I sat down next to him and pointed to the article, and we read it together…

I’m Humiliated
Hey guys, this is Lyn-Z from the band Mindless Self Indulgence. No tricks, this is really me, and I’m sure a lot of you have heard rumors about what happened between Gerard Way and I. Yes it’s true that he broke up with me about a week ago, and he did it in the most inconsiderate way possible! I was having a rough day already when my best friend Anna, has to come and tell me that Gerard and I were never officially married. This sent me into a flood of waterworks, but Gerard just sat there emotionless. After I’d calmed down a little, I suggested we go out to The Inn for dinner.
“What? No way!” he protested, “That place is entirely too expensive!”
I insisted that we make it a special night, so I told him I would pay. After hearing this he quickly agreed. We had a wonderful dinner, so I decided to ask him it he wanted to remarry…
“What?!” was his response once again. He said that not being married to me was like a huge weight lifted off his shoulders, and how stupid he was to have even tried to marry me in the first place. He got up and stormed off yelling, “Thanks for the dinner!” I don’t know if I’ll be able to have another relationship with anyone again. The trauma from this has made me have trust issues with everyone, even my friends. I really loved Gerard, but I guess he didn’t feel the same.

I looked over to Gerard but his face was unreadable. He began re-reading the article, and his mouth opened a little bit…

“Um, Gerard?” I started…

“HOLY #%$@!!!” He screamed.
“What does she think she’s doing?!?!?!”

Everyone started waking up to the sound of his yelling.

“Dude, what the heck?” Mikey asked rubbing his eyes.

The rest of the band and Nicole all began to creep into our area.

“Guys what’s going on?” Bob asked.

“Yeah, and why did we need to wake up at 1 in the morning for it?” Frank asked crossly.

“What is WRONG with her!?!!” Gerard continued his rant.

“Gerard! What are you talking about!?” Ray yelled to get his attention.

“Look at this!!!” he thrust the computer around to show the others. The all squinted from the light and began to scan the article. After a moment, everyone’s expressions darkened. Gerard had told the real story only a week ago, and this version of it was twisted and alarming.

“Oh no,” Ray said lowly.

“Wait,” Nicole cut in, “are you sure it’s really her?” but I could tell she knew that the author of the disconcerting piece of writing, really was Lyn-Z.

“She’s the only one who knew about The Inn, or Anna Showers breaking the news to us.”

“Why is she doing this?” Frank asked fearfully.

“I don’t know, but there’s more,” I said pointing to the screen, “She’s apparently posing as girls who ‘dated’ Gerard in the past and they’re all bashing him for being inconsiderate, selfish, abusive, and so many more horrible things.”

“This is awful!” Ray said.

“Is there a way to shut the site down?’ Bob asked.

“I have no idea,” I answered miserably.

“There’s got to be a way we can get it out there that she’s lying,” Mikey said.

“Do you think we’ll get asked about it in our next interview?” Gerard asked apprehensively.

“It’s likely,” I said apologetically, “You’ve got an interview right after the Newark show.”

“Holy cow…” Gerard moaned and rubbed his hands over his face.

Why would Lyn-Z do something so deceptive to an innocent soul like him? He’s been through enough with drugs, alcohol, tabloids, and depression. But I didn’t feel so bad for him anymore, as I was filled with disgust for Lyn-Z.

I don’t think Gerard slept the rest of the night. I could hear him tossing and turning in his bunk. Every once in a while I’d hear him let out a small groan of anxiety. I didn’t blame him. It was daunting to think that Lyn-Z had the ability to do something so conniving, and get away with it. Even more unnerving, what if she didn’t stop there, if she wrote more? What if she recruited people to help with her scheme? And what if people believed her? Those were the questions that kept me awake as well.

Everyone else started waking up, and moving about the bus, so I got up too. I headed straight for the coffee. I wasn’t alone for long though. Mikey and Gerard entered my side of the bus. I’d never seen Gerard like I did that morning. His eyes were extremely dark without any makeup and his hair reminded me of tumbleweed. He looked as though he’d had the flu for seven weeks. My heart sank to see him in so much pain.

“Good Morning.” I greeted them, but there was a slight bit of sarcasm that slipped out with it.

“Morning,” Mikey replied.

Gerard said nothing. He went straight for the coffee and began caffinnating himself.

“Gerard?”…he didn’t respond.

I put my hand on his shoulder, causing him to look up at me. His eyes were glossed over with sadness and unease.

“We’ll fix it, I promise,” I confirmed to him, but even I wasn’t sure how we would accomplish the act. His eyes thanked me for the support and I gave him a weak smile. Without exactly realizing it, I began to stoke a loose strand of his hair that reached his shoulder.

“Umph…”

I glanced behind me to see Mikey biting his lip to keep from laughing hysterically. I quickly let go of Gerard’s hair and began sipping my coffee like nothing happened.

‘I’m such an idiot…’ I told myself.

“Thanks,” Gerard said, still looking at me.

I raised my head to see his familiar face again. My heart lurched slightly at the sight of him, both in pain and compassion. I hated seeing him so upset, but I could have stared into his hazel-emerald eyes for a lifetime. I knew Mikey was about to burst, so I gave him a sympathetic nod and retreated to stare at my now empty coffee cup.

‘Stop it! You can’t do this; you can NOT feel this way about him. Not now, not yet, not EVER!’ I kicked myself mentally.

Just then, Nicole and Frank walked in with their hands clasped together.

“Hey guys,” Frank said, not sure whether to use a light-hearted or serious tone.

“What’s up?” Gerard grinned all of a sudden.

We all stared at him like he was crazy. He was either bi-polar or forgetful, maybe both; but we couldn’t tell which. He looked back at us.

“Aw, come on guys, don’t look at me like that! Today’s the Newark show and I want to have a good time. We’ll worry about Lyn-Z and her jacked up story later, ‘Kay?”

He proved a good point. It wasn’t everyday he could perform in his hometown, but it was unsettling at the same time. We had no idea how fast Lyn-Z could work, especially if she’d hired people to help in her plot. Still, I wasn’t going to tell him that he should be worried.

“Right,” Nicole agreed.

“What time is the concert anyway?” Frank asked.

“Somewhere around 4,” Ray came in,

“We’ve got plenty of time,” Mikey commented, “Unless they want us there early again.”

“Nah, there’s extra stage crew already there,” Gerard smiled at me, “Then you’ll get to take a break.”

I nearly melted at his beautiful smile, making me beat myself mentally again.
Sign up to rate and review this story