Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Time of Happiness

A Time of Happiness

by Immortal_Aussie 0 reviews

Expecting this summer to be the worst of his life and possibly his last, Harry receives the ultimate surprise and chance of a life time. Pre-slash/Slash, Time Travel, M/M sex, one night stand Manip...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry,Tom Riddle - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 2169 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: A Time of Happiness
Rating: R
Summary: Expecting this summer to be the worst of his life and possibly his last, Harry receives the ultimate surprise and chance of a life time
Author Notes: First in three series- the bunny grew too large and I didn’t have time to write it into one story so I’ve split it into three stories and also didn’t have time to write all three of them though so here’s the first one. I’ll write the other ones when I finish my exams in a month or so. Thank you so much to my beta for doing a wonderful job beta’ing as well as coming up with a much better summary than mine as well as helping with the rating and warnings. You Rock!
Warnings: Pre-slash/Slash, Time Travel, M/M sex, one night stand Manipulitive!Dumbledore, child abuse, clicheness,
Written For: new_unchanged at parsel_fest, who requested reformed Voldemort or Pre-Voldemort Tom with the prompt amazing things happen when someone is truly remorseful for their actions.

Chapter One


Harry stared out of his uncle's car on the way back to Privet Drive after the end of his fifth year. He had a feeling this was going to be a worse summer than what he usually had to experience due to the Order's warning that he wasn't to be harmed. When he had seen the members of the Order of the Bloody Chicken as he had started to call them he had felt like banging his head at the very least but felt more inclined to kill them. Other the past year he had lost a lot of trust in the people who were supposed to be his friends and had started to delve into the Dark Arts which he found truly fascinating. He really didn't understand why they weren't taught, yes some people had used them for evil things but a lot of the spells could actually be helpful in the current normal household. He hoped he could survive the summer.


When they pulled up at number 4 he knew his hopes to be unwanted. Vernon jumped out the car and forcibly pulled him out and into the hallway where he proceeded to punch Harry in the face time and time again yelling at him for getting 'those freaks to try and do his dirty work for him. How dare he think he could get away without doing anything these holidays? They had to put up with him when he had done nothing but complain.' Harry had started to loose control of his magic which proceeded to infuriate his uncle even further. Vernon grabbed Harry by his hair and pulled him up the stairs and forcibly threw him into his room.


"DON'T YOU DARE COME DOWN YOU FREAK! YOU'LL BE IN THERE ALL SUMMER IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT! WE WON'T HAVE YOUR LOT THREATENING US, YOU HEAR THAT? WRITE YOUR BLOODY LETTERS NOW FOR THE SUMMER AND I'LL MAKE SURE THEY ARE ACCEPTABLE!" Vernon yelled at him as he dead-bolted Harry into his room. That was when Harry realized just how bad this summer was going to be.


Every morning Petunia let him out in the morning to go to the bathroom and cook the rest of them breakfast before giving him a slice of toast and locking him back in his room for the rest of the day until he had to cook dinner for his family. He had no idea how long had passed but he knew that he had already sent off four or so of his letters so he guessed just over a week, what was also surprising was that he had already done a lot of his homework as he managed to have kept his trunk in his possession. He was currently lying on his back on his bed when he heard a tapping at his window. Glancing up he saw an owl that he didn't recognize carrying a letter of some sort. As he got to the window and suddenly paused 'What if it was a letter from Voldemort or someone like that?' Harry thought with a moment of panic. As the bird tapped at the window again Harry peered at the envelope… it didn't seem threatening and then he suddenly saw it. The Gringotts seal… he felt like hitting his head upon the wall as he let the owl in.


Sitting down on his bed he opened the letter and started to read it and read it again and again. He couldn't believe what he was reading… it couldn't' be true.


Prongslet


If you are reading this letter than I'm no longer with you, most likely from rushing out and doing something stupid again and for that I'm sorry for, for leaving you here alone before I could get to know you properly. I need you to know that no matter what I love you and want nothing to harm you. You are like a son to me. When you were born I instantly had a connection with you that was more than a godfather and godson… I can't explain it but it was there.


Now I have something of great importance to tell you. Dumbledore is not who he appears to be. I don't know how much of your life he has twisted for his own reasons but he manipulates people for the 'greater good' but I'm sure he will have done something. If you don't believe me look at your parents will that is included in this letter, he knew that Pettigrew was the secret keeper and he still let me rot in Azkaban. Be careful of him.


I suggest you go visit Gringotts the first chance you get. I know that he is planning on hiding your inheritance from you. The vault you currently have is your trust vault and is only for your school years. I overheard Dumbles saying that he didn't want you to know about your family vaults- yes you have more than one other vault. I want you to claim them before Dumbledore finds a way to claim them and keep them from you.


Another thing before I sign off, when you go to Gringotts ask for the Black Account manager… he has my will. With it you will be emancipated but that is all I'll tell you for the time being. Promise me, whatever you do is go to Gringotts and do as I have asked.


Never forget that I have always loved you and always you. You are my pup, my son, my life. Remember that.


Love you always,
Padfoot.


Harry felt a tear fall down his check as the severity of the letter hit him hard and fast. Sirius was truly dead and Harry's feeling about not trusting Dumbledore was correct. He had hoped he was just being silly… he couldn't truly believe that Dumbledore was an evil person even though all the information pointed towards it. Harry suddenly sat back up as he remembered that Sirius had said he had included a copy of his parents will. He grabbed the envelope and took the other piece of parchment out of it.


The Will of James Lucas Potter and Lily Sarie Evans-Potter.


I, James Maxwell Potter declare myself sound of mind. I, Lily Sarie Evans-Potter declare myself sound of mind.


In case of our deaths we declare that Remus John Lupin will receive 3,000 galleons and a cottage in Dover. Use it well our friend.


In case of our deaths we declare that Sirius Orion Black will receive 3,000 galleons and a cottage in Glasgow. Use it well mate!


In case of our deaths we declare that 2,000 galleons go to The Order of the Phoenix to help with the war.


In case of our deaths we declare that Frank and Alice Longbottom receive 2,000 galleons each.


In case of our deaths we declare that both Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall receive a 1000 galleons each.


In case of our deaths we declare that our son Harry James Potter receive the rest of our belongings.


In case of our deaths we declare that in order of below they will receive guardianship, situation allowing, of our son, Harry James Potter


His godfather Sirius Orion Black
His godmother Alice Longbottom
Remus John Lupin
Minerva McGonagall


If these aren't available we request that Harry be placed with a wizarding family that cam be trusted with his upbringing. In no circumstances will Harry be placed with Lily's sister Petunia Marie Evans-Dursley and her family.


If we have been killed in our home at Godric's Hollow and our Fidelus Charm has fallen our secret keeper has betrayed us. Our secret keeper was not Sirius Orion Black like everyone believes but Peter Samuel Pettigrew. We changed as we thought that Sirius would be a too obvious a choice.


Signed: James Lucas Potter
Signed: Lily Sarie Evans-Potter
Witness: Albus Dumbledore
Witness: Sirius Black
Witness: Alice Longbottom
Witness: Marina McKinnon


With that Harry's heart stopped. Dumbledore had known the truth the whole time and had done nothing about it. That made up Harry's mind. He would follow Sirius's instructions and got to Gringotts. He would no longer standby under Dumbledore and the Order of the Bloody Chicken's thumb.


The next day Harry went to Gringotts.


*************


Harry stepped into the Leaky Cauldron with a dark cloak on with a hood that was covering his face. He knew that a lot of people would think of him as a dark wizard but it was the only way he could think of for remaining anonymous.


As he made his way down Diagon Alley, people made sure to avoid him which he didn't mind. It meant that he would get his business done quicker. Stepping up to a free teller he said, "I'm here to see the Black Account Manager please. My godfather asked me to see him."


"Come this way then," the goblin grunted rudely before leading Harry down numerous corridors until they reached a door that said Grolk- Black Account Manager and below that Potter Account Manager.


The goblin that Harry followed down knocked on the door and waited for an "enter" from Grolk before entering.


"Grolk, this is the Potter boy. He's here to talk to you," and with that the other goblin left them alone.


"Well, Mr Potter, are you going to sit or not?" Grolk asked him. "Now, lets get down to business. Here I have your godfather's will. To make things quick I'll just summarize it for you. Apart from the things he left to one Remus Lupin, he left everything to you. Along with your Potter accounts which you still need to claim, you are one of our richest customers. We have stocks in all major businesses in both the muggle and wizarding worlds as well as numerous residences around the world. Now if you sign here you can claim the Black vaults," Grolk said in a stern, no fuss way, pointing at the bottom of the will. Once Harry signed it he was given the Potter will to sign and claim which he did.


"Now, Mr. Potter, that is all done you have full control over all your vaults as well as being emancipated. Before we continue though Mr. Black wanted you to have this," Grolk said handing over a small box. Inside it was a small an earring of a Celtic cross design as well as a note saying-


Harry,


I was going to send this with my letter/will but thought better of it. When you put this earring on it's charmed to take you to a place or time where you will be happiest, a place where you will get to live your life fully though no time will pass while you're gone from here. Promise me you will use it no matter what Harry. I know you never had a proper life and this is your one chance to have it. Trust me, Harry, it is well worth it.


Love you,
Padfoot.


Harry felt his heart lift at this. While he missed Sirius he knew that he would jump to have a chance at a normal life. "Thank you…" Harry whispered before looking up with a blank face. "If we are done here may I visit my vaults please? I would like to get some money out."


"Of course," Grolk said, "follow me."


Grolk took him to both the Potter and Black vaults and let him explore them for awhile. He found some of his parent's personal belongings and made a promise to come back at a later date to have a proper look around them. Once Harry had grabbed a few hundred gallons- just to be safe of course, he made his way back up to the lobby and then headed to a back alleyway in muggle London where he slipped in the earring that Sirius had given him.


A flash of light and he was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story