Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Opperation Parenthood

A Long Three Months

by hottygirl_013 1 review

Hilary's reaction at being partnered up with Tyson for the project.

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kai, Max, Ray, Tyson - Published: 2006-03-09 - Updated: 2006-03-09 - 1095 words

0Unrated
Chapter One

No! No! No! This cannot be happening. How could he do this to me? I'm mean, I'm one of his best students. I get straight As. I never interrupt the class---except for when Tyson does it first. I'm class representative. I turn in all of my assignments on time.

Why in the world would he team me up with Tyson Granger for this project? All that idiot ever does sleep or eat. I'm surprised he even made it to the ninth grade. Heck, I was surprised when he made it to the first grade.

Just look at him over there. Sleeping in class again! I bet he didn't even turn in last nights homework. Just because he's on the school's football team he thinks that he doesn't have to do any work.

Why couldn't Mr. Jenkins have paired me up with Kai or Ray? Heck, I'd even go for Max. But no, Mr. Jenkins had to pair me up with Tyson Granger. The worst student in the class.

Okay, I know what you're thinking. He can't be that bad, can he?

Trust me, he is. I've known Tyson since I was two and he has always been the same: lazy and hungry.

This marriage project would probably be bearable if it didn't last for the next three months and we were using fake dolls or eggs like most high schools. But no. Mr. Jenkins wants us to learn what it's really like to be parents. So, not only are we going to be living in the same house for the next three months, we're also going to be taking care of some of the children from the foster home.

But we won't be assigned our houses or children until later today. I can just hear Tyson now. "Aw, Hilary. You're good with kids. Can't you take care of it?"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two Hours Later
"Aw, Hilary. You're good with kids. Can't you take care of it?"

See, what did I tell you?

"No, Tyson. I can't. This is a group project. Which means we'll have to work together to take care of her." I tell him as I place a hand on my hip.

He rolls his eyes. "Hilary, you know that I'm no good with kids."

"Well, you better get good with kids because I am not about to fail this project just because of your inability to take care of children." I told him as I picked up the diaper bag and other supplies that we would need.

"But, Hilary--" he started.

I glared at him. "Pick the baby up and let's go join the others so that we can be assigned our houses," he opened his mouth to complain, but I hardened my glare. "Now."

He picked up Abbey, our "daughter" and we headed over to join our friends.

"Hey, Hilary!" Tika says as we reach them. "How're things going."

I scowl at her. She's just acting like that because she got teamed up with Kai while I'm stuck with this slacker...lucky witch. In fact, all of my friends are lucky. Tika got Kai, Marti got Ray, and Jo got Max. Why did they all get the responsible football players while I got stuck with the one who could care less about what type of grade he gets?

It just isn't fair.

"Cheer up, Hilary," Max says as he puts a hand on my shoulder. "It won't be that bad. It's only for three months."

I narrow my eyes at him and shrug his hand off of my shoulder. "What do you mean 'only three months'? That's an eternity!" I look at Tyson out of the corner of my eye. "Tyson, you're holding her wrong. Do you want to drop her?"

Poor thing, Tyson has her hanging over his shoulder. It's a wonder she isn't crying bloody murder.

I put down the baby things and take Abbey from him and cradle her in my arms.

"I told you I didn't know anything about babies," Tyson tells me coolly.

"You're not even trying," I snap.

He opens his mouth to say something else, but Mr. Jenkins chooses this time to speak up. "Okay, class, settle down...Tyson, Hilary that means you two as well. Good. Now, it's time for me to assign you to your houses and your housemates."

A chorus of groans echo throughout the classroom but, of course, I'm not one of them. I just roll my eyes.

Mr. Jenkins smiles. "Oh, c'mon, kids. It won't be that bad. Think of this as an opportunity to grow. Not only will your social skills improve but..."

Yada, yada, yada. I blocked him out after that. We've all heard his little speech before and after awhile, it gets kind of boring. Even for students like me.

Instead, I turn my attention to Abbey. She's nearly asleep now. Her tiny little hand is wrapped around my finger and her puppy brown eyes are barely open. I don't see how her mother could possibly abandon her. I mean, what type of person leaves a baby in a dumpster?

I stroke the soft mop of brown curls on top of her head. I hope she's a good, quiet baby...

"Yes!" Tika's exclamation brings me out of my thoughts and causes Abbey's eyes to open completely and the small child begins to whimper.

I glare at her as I begin to rock the baby, trying to calm her down. "What in the world are you screaming about?"

"Weren't you listening, Hilary?" she asks me. "We're all going to be in the same house!"

I felt my face pale. "Who is this 'we're all'?"

"All of us," Marti answers. "As in you, Tyson, me, Ray, Max, Kai, Jo, and Tika."

I smile wanly at her. "Great."

Oh dear God. It's going to be worse than I thought. I mean, I love them all---they are my best friends---but we're all so different that when we get together under the same roof, chaos tends to ensue.

I look down at Abbey. She's calmed down a bit, almost asleep again. Poor thing. She may have survived being dumped in a dumpster, but she might not survive long living with me and my group of friends...especially with Tyson as her "father".

I look over at him and can't help but narrow my eyes. He's asleep again! And he's standing straight up! How in the world does he manage to do that?

I look up to the ceiling thinking, This is going to be a long three months.
Sign up to rate and review this story