Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Running Away and Hiding with You...

Chapter 1

by prettyodd 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-10-22 - Updated: 2008-10-23 - 1320 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1


A/N
I own nothing except fot the plot. (NOTHING AT ALL!!!) MCR comes in later (3rd or 2nd chapter) :D


I stood on the edge of the curb, waiting. My lips were chapped and most likely a nice shade of blue. They were cold. I was cold. But then again I was always cold, seeing as I was apart of the un-dead. SNAP!! A twig had broken. I turned my head sharply to the side, animal or predator, I was ready to attack.
"Jennifer." She greeted.
"Dondon," I replied abandoning my attacking position. She wore my neon green sweater and a pair of zebra striped skinny jeans with her old winter boots. Her pale gray eyes pierced into my offhand bright-blue ones. She smiled.
"Why did you bring me here?" I asked, the feeling of thirst flowing threw my body once more. Her smile changed into a smirk noticing my frown deepen. It may be night (or early morning) but I was still sleepy, my body hadn't officially changed its sleeping schedule yet. I had only changed a week ago, and with that change comes a few differences. I could see better than any animal or human in the dark. I could hear for miles and miles, making eaves-dropping a fun game. I could smell the blood from many different animals better than a bloodhound. My sense of touch was varying. If it was a bad one, as in being hit or poked by a needle, it would barely hurt. But if it was a good one, examples differing from tickling to a tiny peck on the cheek, felt to me as a thousand more tickles or pecks on the cheek. It was and felt amazing.
But within that week she had also been supplying me with the blood I craved, while I was stuck in my dirty old apartment that I had lived in since I was 19. I licked my blue lips in attempt to un-chap them.
"I assume you’re hungry," her smirk growing. I nodded un-sure of what she was implying. "Good. I'm going to teach you the basics of hunting." She smiled again.
I smiled back, excited. We took off towards the forest, every color of every leaf on every tree in vibrating color. Nothing but a blur behind us when we started running at top speed towards a place where I used to sneak to when I was 14. Upon stopping at the entrance of the woods, the colors that once surrounded me in that vibrating blur stopped. The colors brightening even more as the clouds covered the moon, making it darker. My smile got bigger. I loved the night and that was one of the reasons I got changed. I took a guess at the time to figure out when the sun would rise. It was approximately in the middle, so it would most likely be around half past midnight. But seeing as I never paid any attention in whatever class was teaching me that, I was probably way-y off.
"What do you smell?" Dondon asked quietly. What do I smell? I thought to myself. Well that's a stupid question! I smell lots of things!! The crisp new air of autumn, the musty smell of moss growing on an old tree, the dew of wet moss on a rock...Then I smelled what she was asking for. An important smell, one which would lead me to what gave me the power and energy to live. The iron smell of blood.
"Blood," I said seriously. She changed her smile into a smirk once more.
"Find it," She simply said. So that is exactly what I did. I ran at a speed faster than light, yet still not making a sound. Well if you count the breeze I left behind me a sound. I was nothing more than a trick of light to any bird or mouse that I past. But I was not looking for birds or mice. No, I was looking for that one bigger animal that was gathering food for the hibernation that was coming. A bear. It was somewhere northeast, by a cave perhaps. It came into view about a quarter millionth of a second later. I smirked pouncing on the pray as it had its back towards me. I love October, I thought as I took it down even more silently then when I was running.


~Dondon's POV~

I snuck up behind her as she ran, stifling the giggle that rose up in my throat. Once she spotted her pray I climbed up a tree hoping that she would notice the pink under layer of part of my hair clashing the reddish orange leafs of the tree. No, she didn't. This is not good. She needs to be a lot more careful when she's hunting. Another pray could come and attack her, or a human could see. I held back the sigh that was coming and shook my head. She was done drinking the blood out of the poor beast and threw him into the cave that he was about to go into....Or maybe it was a her....I dropped out of the tree thinking about that and startled her.
"Why were you watching me?" She demanded.
"So I could tell you your mistakes."
"What were my mistakes?"
"You didn't watch your surroundings." I said smirking as she cursed herself for being so stupid. As much as I love being a mentor to her it kind of hurts to know that the one thing we went over and over on was wasted on her first try. I sighed as I saw some of the clouds move away and reveal the dimming moon. Sunrise was soon. It's not so much that we get turned to dust if the sun touches us; it's just that we don't like the sun. It makes me feel vulnerable, it made the person who turned me feel sleepy, it makes Jennifer's eyes hurt. There are many different reasons on why we stay out of the sun.
RIING RIING!!!!!!! A phone ringing sounded. If Jennifer had any common sense she wouldn’t have brought her damn phone. But then again if she had blood she would be blushing madly. I closed my eyes and exhaled. Putting my head into my hand and while shaking it she answered her phone. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.....


~Jennifer's POV~

Crap. I had forgotten all about my phone when I had come here! I gave Dondon an apologizing look and she just shook her head and put it in her hand. By the time I was done with this call she'll probably have taken my phone and crushed it with her bare hands. I sighed and answered the stupid piece of crap.
"Hello."
"Hey, um, where are you?" My friend Elena asked.
"What time is it?" I asked changing the subject.
"Uh...Around 3 in the morning. I should probably call later shouldn't I...?”
"Yea....I'll talk to you later. Bye." I said hanging up the phone. Dondon wasn't happy. She glared at me and growled quietly as to not scare any other pray.
"I'm in trouble..." I said, stating the obvious and looking at the ground. She sighed and looked at the trees and the sky, thinking.
"No. Not tonight. Go home. Sleep. Do whatever you want, but just meet me at the beginning of the forest tomorrow night at midnight."
"Really?!"
"Just go...." I smiled at her and gave her a hug which she just laughed at and then ran out of the forest. To my dirty old apartment that I've lived in since I was nineteen...


I had originally wrote that last nite but I never got the chance to post it...but yep here it is....review and tell me how you pplz lik it!! :D gets better later on in the story I promise!! :D xxoo Cassidy
Sign up to rate and review this story