Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Data of our lives

Chapter 1

by ayumidah 0 reviews

The Digidestined think things are calm after Malomyotismon is defeated, how wrong they are. a tale of confusion follows.

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Davis, Kari - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-05-13 - Updated: 2005-05-14 - 2360 words

0Unrated
Data of our lives ch 1



A somewhat short female with shoulder length brown hair walked through the grassy land of the Digiworld, her brown moccasins grazing the long, green blanket of grass that covered the land as far as her eye could see and tickled just below her knees. Since the grass was so long, her Digimon, a white cat with purple tipped ears and wide, blue eyes, was clinging gingerly to her shirt, her long olive gloved claws embedded just enough into the fabric to hang there and not embed themselves into the human wearing it.



Kari Kamiya took a deep breath, feeling the crisp, clean air of the world filling her lungs. Unlike the human world, this world made of data had little to no pollution, which you could tell just by looking at the amazing, healthy plants, most of which didn't grow in earth soil. No wonder the Digimon, creatures made of data, like the world, were so strong and, usually, healthy. Her eyes narrowed a little as she considered the true hazards of this world: the darkness that had arose just a year ago. It was so, so hard to defeat it and she had felt the worst of it. . . She was the child of light and even darkness tried hard to swallow that alive and she was no exception. If it wasn't for her friends helping her time after time. . . well, she wasn't even sure if she'd be there today, walking through the world like this.



She stopped suddenly by a tree which wasn't surrounded by the smothering grass and, pulling Gatomon gently from her shirt, placed her on the ground and sat down next to her, tugging her backpack off. She pulled absently at the pink, fingerless gloves that covered her hands and part of her arms, watching as a group of Floramon ran around in the grass, playing and giggling happily, their petals blowing around them. Her mind wandered a little and finally she concentrated on one thing that had been worrying her for months. . .



Try as she might, she couldn't fight off the feeling that there was a dark aura that still clung to the Digital World. It might have been weak but it was still there and that was enough to make her feel uneasy. She bit her lip and closed her eyes, focusing on it. Yes, there it was again but. . . was it just her or did it seem. . . even stronger than it did just a week ago? She focused more and felt it. . . It was. . . "No!" she gasped out, opening her eyes and jumping up before falling back to her knees, the familiar pain and pressure of the darkness coming out of no where and trying to take control of her, bend her to its will and break her beyond belief. "Gatomon. . ." she hissed, pulling at her hair as she gripped her head with shaking hands.



"Kari!" the cat Digimon exclaimed, rushing to her side as soon as she realized something was wrong. "What's wrong- it can't be-"



"Yes," she gasped, "it is!" She squeezed her eyes close against the pain, feeling it throbbing in her forehead, like a migraine, and then becoming a dull pain again before returning to the migraine like feeling before spreading through the girl's trembling body.



Before Gatomon could say anything more, a deep growl spread over the land, blocking out every other sound, it was so loud.



Every one of those Floramon looked up, fear etched across their faces, their eyes widening. "Oh, run," one of them screamed. "He's back!"



"He?! Not-- Yes, run!" the leader Floramon commanded the others and the group of floral Digimon rushed off through the grass, horror still on their faces. . .



Gatomon's quick blue eyes noticed the small speck that was quickly rushing through the green grass, trampling it to the dirt. She watched as it came nearer and nearer. . . got bigger and bigger. . . Finally she yelped, "BlackWarGreymon?!" But no, this didn't look like the Digimon that Arukenimon had created with a hundred strands of her own hair. . . His armor was shinier, his eyes a fierce brown, his claws longer; all together, he looked tougher than the first BlackWarGreymon Gatomon had seen. Finally something clicked with her. "It's- Oh geez. . . BlackWarGreymon X!"



"X?" Kari gasped, the pain dulling away momentarily, just long enough for her to sputter that out, "What do you mean, X?"



"It's an extreme version of a Digimon," she hissed, her claws extended, ready to defend Kari at any cost. "They're stronger than their previous versions and. . . they look tougher too, generally! We need to call for help before he gets here," she muttered, quickly clawing at the zipper on Kari's backpack, ripping it apart and going through the girl's stuff before pulling out a purple device with buttons on it. "There, I'll e-mail the others and. . . then just hold him off till they get here!" she grumbled, typing in an e-mail in the D-terminal. When she was done, she realized that he had arrived and was storming towards Kari, a huge, black ball of energy clasped in his large, metallic hands.



"X-Terra-"



"Nuh-uh!" Gatomon squeeched, flying forward, her paw held out, lighting up in a bright light. "Lightning Paw!" It hit his hard hide and the force of it sent her flying through the air as the Digimon himself laughed loudly, not affected at all by what felt like a bee sting to him.



"What was that?! You're pathetic!" he roared in a hoarse sounding voice before stomping on the ground and causing Gatomon to stumble back a few steps.



"Grr," she growled, her eyes glowing with a fierceness that was almost unbelievable. "Cat's eye hypnotism!" Her eyes glowed bright as a swirl of colors surrounded the evil extreme Digimon and actually dazed him and sent him into a half asleep state. When he was more aware of his surroundings, he was shocked- and Gatomon was greatly relieved- to see that the energy had disappeared from his wide hands in just the split second he lost control of himself.



"You!" he screamed, turning to her.


She laughed. "C'mon and catch me. . ." she taunted, diving into the grass that wasn't flattened and laying low to the ground as she ran quickly, on all four paws, biting the gloves off of her front two quickly so she could run quicker. "I hope. . . someone. . . comes soon," she panted. "I'd even settle for Davis now!"



----

In a room, a green D-3 beeps but to no avail-- the lights are off, no one is home to answer its call.



----

Sounds of people talking wash into a cracked doorway but as a red D-3 beeps, its sound also is ignored or not heard as its owner doesn't cease arguing.



------

A black D-3 beeps unhindered on a small desk as its owner eats dinner in another room, too far away to heed it.



------

A weird beeping noise is heard in a rolled up futon as a forgotten yellow D-3 calls out to its owner, to no hope as the owner doesn't hear it while cleaning up his room, having forgotten he had stuck the Digivice in there much earlier. That leaves just one D-3. . .



------

A teenager Kari's age sat cross legged on his bed, playing video games, passing a boring Sunday by as quickly as he could. On his bedside table, along with different garbage, a blue D-3 rested there, looking, perhaps, dustier than everything else in the boy's horribly messy room. "No, no, no," he grumbled to himself, pressing the buttons on the controller furiously, watching as his character's energy soon gave out. "Ugh!" he growled loudly, collapsing backwards on the bed, an exasperated look on his face. "I'll never beat that last enemy!"


Veemon, who had watched all of this with a knowing frown on his blue face, looked up at the spikey-haired male before lisping, "Davis. . . what is that beeping sound?"



"The game," he said listlessly, motioning to the TV.



"No, it isn't coming from the TV. . . I think it's. . . your D-3! Davis, would you see!" he urged, his brown eyes. . . widening in surprise- the device hadn't beeped since MaloMyotismon's defeat a year ago. . .



Davis sighed and rolled over, facing the dusty, sticky D-3 and D-terminal before clutching the latter and pulling it to him. Gazing at it in the semi-dark room didn't help him to see what was on the screen so he finally, after a few seconds of pointless staring, stood up and turned on a lamp. "Hey, it's an e-mail from Gatomon!" he exclaimed, reading it. "Hmm, she didn't say what's going on, just that they need us. Well, let's go," he urged the blue Rookie Digimon before leaving the bedroom.



Veemon blinked. "Usually he'd be jumping for joy that Kari turned to him. Huh. Maybe he is growing up. . . That's kinda scary."



-----

A bunch of teens crowded around the stage of a smokey building, gazing up as a guitarist preformed the finishing sounds of one of their songs. Their lead singer, a blonde haired boy, held the mic in his hand as he watched the crowd and stood off to the side a little, so his band could have the limelight for a while. Finally the brown guitar twanged into silence as the audience stood up to clap and cheer for the performers. Only then did the blonde step forward and join his fellow band members.


"Oooh," a red haired girl squealed from the middle of the mass of people. "Matt Ishida is so hot!" she declared loudly, causing many of the girls to glare at her, agreeing in the statement yet not wanting more competition for the young man than there already seemed to be. Of course the most competition came from. . .



A red haired girl whose hair seemed more orangish than June Motomiya's bright red, stood toward the front, surrounded by a tall guy with large, spikey brown hair, a shorter one with straight red hair, a girl with long brown hair and a guy with long blue hair and large glasses watching from the front row.



"What a concert," Tai finally spoke up, turning to look at his friends and fellow Digidestined.



"Yeah," Mimi said happily, "I'm so glad I got to come visit in time to see it!"





"Guess what?"


"What, Joe?"





"Well, I have backstage..." he paused, reaching into the pocket of his white shirt and struggling to extract five slips of paper, "passes," he continued, finally holding the offending pieces of paper in his hand. "We can go back and meet with the other members of the band now."



"Oooh, awesome!" Mimi gushed. "The guitarist was so cute!" She grabbed one of the passes from his fingers and rushed to the back. The others sweat dropped.



"Odd. . . I didn't think she could run that fast in high heels. . ." Izzy commented.



"I know I couldn't," Tai said, as the others all stared at him, amusement on their faces.



"Um. . . let's just go see Matt, ok?" Sora said, following Mimi.



"What?" the goggle-boy demanded, staring at the two guys as they walked off, still grinning a little.



June glared on as they walked into the back. "Why didn't I get a backstage pass? I followed Matt's career longer than they ever did! They're just his friends from five years ago," she huffed, storming out of the door and slamming it behind her, causing the glass to crack and rain across the floor in little, glittering shivers.



"What?! You, you inconsiderate little girl! Get back here!" the owner stormed, glaring out the broken window at her, his thick, grey eyebrows narrowed over his eyes in a menacing scowl, a fury in his watery, pale blue eyes. "Get back here, I said!" he repeated but the redhead was in such a bad mood, she ignored him and continued walking away.



----

Gatomon quickly sped through the grass, almost going in a wide circle so as to not go to far from her human partner; thankfully, the child of Light was not crying out now so either she was holding it in well or the pain had gotten to be too much for her and- No! Kari's a strong girl. . . She'll hold on, darkness won't claim her, the cat Digimon snarled mentally to herself, continuing to run. Suddenly she ran right into something hard and felt herself being lifted from the ground by her tail. Blinking, she gazed dazedly into evil brown eyes. "No," she gasped, trying to free herself by swinging around. Thankfully he wasn't holding on to her tail ring or she would be weakened horrendously, if it got pulled off of her tail. "Let me go!" she hissed, suddenly squirming just to land a punch on the evil Digimon.



"Feisty little cat, aren't you?" he snarled, his claws hovering just inches from her face in a menacing way. "I don't like feistiness. . ."



"What are you trying to sound like?!" she grunted, still squirming, though her eyes were stuck on his threatening claw, "A wrestler of some sort?!"



He opened his mouth to say something- or just to attack- when. . .



"Let her go!" a strong voice yelled from near-by.



"Oh, re-enforcements. Heh-heh," he muttered, turning. "So who're you?" he demanded.



------

As BlackWarGreymon X turned to whomever was behind him, a group of Digimon watched anxiously. "The master says no harm should really come to them," one said in a low voice, warning the humanoid who was controlling the evil warrior.



"I'm well aware of that, ok? Don't question my knowledge. I have it all under control."



"If you say so," one of the male Digimon said bitingly.



"I believe you," a female said gently, running a hand over his arm. "Don't worry about them."



His stance became more prideful at these words and he turned back to the screen. "Time to begin the fun, then."



To be continued.
Sign up to rate and review this story