Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Data of our lives

Chapter 2

by ayumidah 1 review

The battle against BlackWarGreymon continues

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-05-14 - Updated: 2005-05-14 - 2365 words

0Unrated
Data of our lives ch 2

BlackWarGreymon X's dark brown eyes gazed upwards as ExVeemon flew down to the area and Davis jumped from his arms. "Let her go," the blue dragon repeated, stepping forward, his courage overriding everything else, like when they battled Malo Myotismon exactly a year ago.

"Go get 'im, ExVeemon," Davis exclaimed, stepping back towards the grass to watch in a safer place.

"And you're gonna stop me?" BlackWarGreymon X laughed hoarsely, his eyes widening. "You? A lowly champion? Heh heh, how. . . honorable. . . and stupid," he added, dropping Gatomon carelessly to the ground and tackling ExVeemon, restraining him with his sharp claws and pushing him down to the ground.

"Ugh!" the surprised Digimon hissed, jumping away just enough to free himself. "Vee laser!" His chest lit up and released an orange X, slamming right into BlackWarGreymon X but the Digimon didn't even slide back a milimeter.

"What was that? Hyper destroyer!" he roared as three grey balls of energy appeared in his outstretched claws and he threw them rapidly one at a time at ExVeemon who managed to fly up, to the right and then left and dodge them but when he started to fly towards him again. . .

"Look out!" Davis and Gatomon both yelled out, noticing the light surrounding the X Digimon's claws, but they knew immediately it was too late as another grey ball of energy slid out and slammed into ExVeemon, pushing him into the trampled grass.

"Ugh. . ." he grunted, struggling to sit up but then BlackWarGreymon X arrived and stomped on his chest, causing him to stay down.

Wincing at the beating the winged dragon was taking, Gatomon turned to look at her partner and saw that the brunette was sprawled out on the ground, her nails clawing at the soil as the pain intensified; she was nearing unconsciousness as black strains of energy streamed around her body, enshrouding her and keeping her from view. "Kari!" she cried, running towards her.

"What do YOU think YOU'RE doing?" BlackWarGreymon X grumbled suddenly, running forward, one shiny, black claw extended, as he planned to stab it through her body.

-----

A short black haired boy attempted to look through a rain covered window of the tallest tower in Odaiba, gazing towards the ground, apparently looking for something or someone. "Are you sure they're coming?" he asked, turning to a purple haired girl with large glasses, who started nodding firmly.

"Again, Cody, yes, they are coming! Tai, Sora, Mimi, Matt, Joe and Izzy are just now leaving Matt's concert, probably, Davis is late as usual and Kari--"

"Kari went for a walk in the Digiworld before she came here," a blond haired teen spoke, stepping towards them, having just arrived.

"Oh, hi, T.K.," Cody said.

"Hey."

"Well then, we just have to wait for them," Yolei said enthusiastically, pulling on a young man with dark blue hair and intense eyes-- Ken's-- arm, dragging him to a store. The tower they were walking around in was the place of the battle that the older Digidestined had with Skull Meramon. Though the battle had caused the place to be damaged, it had been reconstructed since and a couple of stores had been added.

Ten minutes later, Ken finally had enough. "Yolei. . . um. . . I see Mimi out there."

Instantly Yolei halted in her shopping frenzy and turned to him. "Why didn't you tell me?!" She immediately ran for the exit of the store, quickly greeting Mimi and showing her some clothes and jewelry she had seen. Both being holders of the Sincerity crest/Digiegg, they were very close friends and even thought of each other as sisters.

Ken sweat dropped and looked at the bags which he now had to carry. The sweat drop on his face intensified. . .

------

"No!" Gatomon gasped as everything started to go in slow motion, or so it seemed to her. She squeezed her wide blue eyes shut and waited for the pain, and then the numbing sensation of deleting, to fill her body. When she felt nothing a few moments later, she tentatively opened one eye and looked up, as her mouth dropped open. "Oh. . . my. . . God!" She looked over and noticed Davis' equal look of shock and horror before facing forward again. "E- ExVeemon," she muttered, watching as the Digimon standing in front of her deleted from where BlackWarGreymon X's claw had been thrusted through his abdomen. She shivered a little, thinking that it could be her and wondering why he had saved her.

"Haha, well, it wasn't the Digimon I wanted to delete but it'll do for a start," BlackWarGreymon X mused, placing a claw in his mouth and licking off the data that had covered it during the deletion.

"You monster!" Gatomon said in a strangled voice.

He grinned and stared at Davis, who was still looking shocked and dumb-founded. "So. . . who should I go after next?" He pointed a claw at Gatomon. "You? Or. . ." He swung around to point at Davis. ". . . you?" He grinned and then looked back and forth between the horrified Digimon and still shocked human before running to the right, the grass brushing against his legs as he coursed a direct path for Davis.

"Nooooo!" a strained voice exclaimed suddenly and Gatomon turned to find that her human partner had managed to revive and pull her head up-- she had seen ExVeemon delete and her fury at that caused the light within to struggle even harder against the darkness that covered her, making everything look hazy and bleak around her, as though she was shrouded in a grey cloak. She gasped as suddenly a large amount of light shot out through the darkness covering her and rushed towards BlackWarGreymon X who was just feet away from Davis.

"Move!" Gatomon yelled at him, making him finally awaken slightly and he quickly leapt to the side, dodging the angry black creature by only a few inches as he crashed into the ground and embedded his claw into it, which was then followed up by a powerful stream of light slamming into his body with a dinging sound.


BlackWarGreymon X tried to stand but failed, finally realizing what the problem was-- the light had ate a hole through his evil body and his legs were already deleting. "No!" His voice echoed through the area, making many Digimon who lived in the grassy land raise their heads curiously.

Kari grimaced vaguely as the Digimon deleted, partially out of sympathy for him and partially because she was completely exhausted now because of the strength it required for her to release that light and defeat BlackWarGreymon X. Energy-sapped, she fell face first to the ground as the darkness covered her ten-fold more. "Gato. . . mon. . ." she murmured. As if on cue, the Digimon turned to look at her and gasped.

"Kari!" she exclaimed, running to her. She couldn't break through the cloud of darkness that covered her, try as she might. Instead a tingly, numb feeling seeped up her glove-free paws as she hit at it, trying to free the child of Light.

"Gato. . ." she repeated, looking up at her Digimon with weak, almost completely black eyes. "How's. . . Davis?"

"I- I think he'll be ok," she said, not daring to look over at him, knowing he probably was devastated over ExVeemon. Kari needed to concentrate on herself right now.

"Good," she said as Gatomon shifted and sat down next to Kari, preparing to talk her through this like her and the other Digidestined had succeeded in doing so many other times.

As she turned to look at her again, however, she realized the girl had closed her eyes and fell limp. "Kari!" she exclaimed. "Wake up! No, you can't let the darkness take you. . ." Before she could say anything more, it seemed something had drained her of her energy and she fell to the ground, dark energy covering her white paws. When she woke up, her eyes took a minute to adjust to the barren land around them surrounded by a lake. . . no, an ocean. . . "Wait," she muttered out loud. "This isn't. . . the Dark Ocean, is it?" Her eyes widened as she realized that Daemon, the caped Digimon that they had locked into here almost thirteen months ago, had a tight grip on Kari's neck as light energy streamed out of her; most of it had been drained from her during the fight with BlackWargreymon X but now all of it was leaving her body at a steady rate. As the creamy energy filtered around them, the darkness of the world converted it and made it become, at first, a dense grey, then a deeper grey, until it finally became completely black and started to surround and re-enter into Kari's limp body. "No!" she gasped, running past an unmoving Davis-- she didn't even look back at him-- to try to save her partner.

----

"Well, we've been waiting a half an hour. . . Where is Kari?" Tai asked, worried.

"And Davis," Ken spoke up. "Even he wouldn't be this late. . . I think."

"Should we go look for them?" Sora asked, also worried now.

Ken thought hard for a minute; he had seen the darkness be defeated by Imperialdramon's huge cannon just a year ago today, yet he felt its presence whenever he went to the Digiworld. Today he had gone there for a few minutes just to see how the world was doing and it was almost drowning him, surrounding him and covering him like a smothering blanket. He finally had to leave quickly before it overtook him. "Yes," he finally said firmly. "We definitely should." He had a feeling that whatever that was happening was very, very bad. The rain intensified, drumming against the window loudly as the Digidestined looked at each other, thoughtful, worried looks in their eyes. They all knew Kari had had major trouble in the Digiworld a lot and it just intensified their -- especially Tai's-- worry. . .

----

The odd group of Digimon stood around, watching on a hologram like screen as the two Digidestined disappeared before they grouped together in a wide circle. "Hmm. Well, now we wait, I suppose. . . Soon the light will conquer darkness. . . yet. . ." the voice of the male with grainy, yellow hair drifted off into silence as the Digimon around him shifted uneasily and the female humanoid with lilac hair spoke up softly.

"The darkness will rise again. . ."

"And we'll be the ending factor of all of this." He smiled weakly at her and then rested his hands at his side as the projection-like screen disappeared in front of them. "We have a few hours at the most to prepare. Go and relax," he commanded them and they all disbanded to do as he said and prepare themselves mentally for the trying times ahead.

Except for one.

"ElecGramimon, what are you doing still here? Go and relax. . . Spend some time for yourself," Hydramon urged his lilac haired friend. She simply shook her head.

"I can't. . ."

"Why not?"

"I. . ." She paused, unable to say what was eating her alive and stared at him.

"You think she will mess all of this up?"

"I know it," she muttered softly. "She's so filled with vengeance. And we don't even know where she is at. . . He's one of the strongest, you know. . . This--"

"No names," he told her. "You know anyone could hear us. . ."

"I know, I'm not stupid," she snapped before apologizing. "Sorry, it's just. . . Why did she have to be deleted before her time? It turned her into a mad, vindictive Digimon. . . Not at all the one I knew before. . ."

Hydramon rested a creamy hand on her shoulder before speaking again, "It will all work out. We'll do our part and she'll do hers. You'll see."

"I hope you're right," she murmured, leaning into his chest, fighting tears that tried to pour out of her shining lavendar eyes.

"I am fairly certain that I am- and that you worry too much," he chided lightly, causing her to smile briefly.

"Perhaps so. . ."

"Then go rest," he told her.

She finally nodded. "Fine. Thank you for listening, Hydramon." She bowed to him quickly before running off quickly.

Hydramon shook his head and smiled briefly, sitting down on the floor and starting to meditate. 'Indeed. It will be all be fine,' he told himself before concentrating hard on his meditation.

------

"That's what he thinks," a brown haired girl said out loud, her eyes shining a bright purple in the dark room in which she was lying down in. She closed her eyes and grimaced; ever since she had found this human. . . she had been able to see each and every meeting that took place and what exactly happened in those meetings. It amused her to see ElecGramimon mentioning her to Hydramon. "Heh-heh . . ." Sighing, she closed her eyes and rolled over, sliding her feet under the covers so they wouldn't get too cold over night. "Good night. . ." she murmured, as if to herself, before opening her eyes again. Now they weren't glowing purple anymore and couldn't be seen except for the light of the green numbers on the Digital clock glowing into her pupils. "Why did I wake up. . .?" the girl whispered, except that the voice heard now didn't sound quite as hard and uncaring as it did at first. Shrugging it off, she quickly fell asleep, exhausted. A purple glow fit around her body, visible through the sheets covering her, and a whispering sound was heard:

You'll know. . . in due time. . . The glow seemed to spread, filling around the room, shielding it from anyone who could possibly come in, seeking to hurt the spirit or the human in the bed. A spirit glimmered in the light and two hands rose up as four glimmers appeared by her transparent form; she suddenly grabbed one and held it so that its shiny, grey tip pointed towards the bed. Taking a deep breath, she slashed the transparent sword down, missing the bed by a couple of inches. She squeezed her eyes closed and then murmured, "I'll have my revenge." Her form then disappeared as a light purple aura remained around the room.

To be continued.
Sign up to rate and review this story