Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A story for the broken girl

The sound of the opera

by ocean_soul 0 reviews

Love...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-11-02 - Updated: 2008-11-16 - 942 words

0Unrated
She stood onstage, holding a microphone in one hand and her cell in the other. She was speaking with her doctor, the one that kept all of her memories for her.
“It’s a boy...yes called Gerard, I don’t remember who he is really... no I know it’s him just trust me” She was speaking down the phone to him.
He was concerned, of course, that this was just another crazy fan trying to break his way into her life. Her doctor said that she was just to open with her fans that they knew too much about her but she didn’t care her band and her fans were the only thing worth living for... they were the only things she lived for, them and him... the boy.
“Yo, Kels, we just need to check the vocals, will you give us a sing song.” Andrew the technician yelled from the back of the empty room.
“I’ll call you back.” She said to the doctor, hanging up the phone almost immediately.

She looked around the small venue, she could easily fill the whole room with her powerful lungs, and in fact she wouldn’t break a sweat. The band would be playing in front of about 200 people, not that many considering the amount of people her and the band were used to playing to in Europe, but this was Britain and the Symphonic Metal scene was not all that big over here, apart from the hard hitters such as the over commercialised Evanescence, whom Kelly insistence sounded nothing like her band and no matter what should never be called a metal band, and Nightwish, but the best bands never seemed to break the underground scene. Her good friend Simone Simmons from Epica had too much to say about English fans. “You’re all crazy, and deaf!” She remembered her shouting over the loud band called After Forever that played in the distance. They were all mates really, every female fronted metal band's knew each other and got along, but not Amy Lee, she missed out on all the party’s.
Kelly stepped forward and placed the microphone to her lips and began to sing;
Oh my little girl
Keep on dreaming of your past
Every thought you had, just vanished along with the only one that loved you
Keep on dreaming of the future
The one that you let out through the voice you have created
See the dead lands before you
Hear the whispers of the ghosts that haunt you
Never cry for the past
It can only kill you slowly
Like your bleeding heart...
“Thanks that was perfect babe” Shouted Andrew, smile cracking on his lips.

Andrew had always been there for Kelly, they had met when she was drunk, almost 6 years ago, he had carry her home because she was so wasted, once they had arrived she had blurted everything out to him...
And know here they were conquering the world along with the rest of the band, Joanne on Bass, Marcus on guitar, Max on drums, Robert on second guitar and Scott on Keyboard, together they were Asphyxia.
Marcus was always stunned when Kelly sang, he remembered the first time he had heard her, in a metal club in Sheffield, she was singing in a cover band, he remembered that the microphone broke half way through there set and she just carried on, and everyone could hear that incredible opera voice over all the guitars and drums perfectly. He was amazed by her, she was so little and skinny and yet that perfect voice still managed to escape from her throat. He had wasted no time in asking if she wanted to be in a band with him and his younger brother Max. Kelly had said “Yes” straight away and they quickly found Joanne who had been friends with the two brothers since high school, and she was awesome. Kelly loved her like a sister, and Jo loved her. Robert on the other hand was much harder to find. He was originally from Finland and had only moved to England when the band suddenly broke the European underground, he “sang” on some of the tracks on the first album, although they decided to cut out the death metal screaming shortly after Epica had appeared, they took care of that. They found Scott when he played at a jazz club, Kelly was attracted to the way his gently hands moved softly along the piano, and he looked as if he enjoyed music much more than the rest of the band, Kelly had never met a better keyboard played than Scott, he was the best in the world.
“So who’s this guy your meeting up with later then, honey?” Jo smiled at her as she placed her bass in Tom the roadies hands.
“This guy called gerard from high school, he’s the only one I remember.” She sighed.
“Do you want me to come with?” she asked walking up to her.
Kelly nodded her head.
“Okay, yo Andy, we done here?” She shouted to the back of the room.
“Yes... Oh and Kelly, be carefull, wont you hun?” He said back to her.
Max shot a nervous glance at Kelly from the seats at the back of the room. Marcus looked up from his guitar and grinned widely as Kelly sighed and rolled her eyes, “I’ll be fine, my girls coming’ with me” She nodded towards Jo.
They all smirked at them as Kelly turned to leave. “Holy shit, I’m so excited!” Jo gasped as they walked away from the venue.





Love...
Sign up to rate and review this story