Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 23 Reunited and it feels so good

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 23

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-05 - Updated: 2008-11-06 - 1563 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 23 Reunited and it feels so good

Jenna just looked at Kevin speechless. She loved Xavier like a friend or a brother or a cousin, but did she love him like a son? She'd cared for him in the hospital as well as in her own home, of course she could love him like a son.

"Kevin there's a long process for any adoption. We can't just...take him in," she said.

"Well, he's 16, he's old enough to choose who he wants to live with, and from what you've told me he's already chosen to stay here," Kevin reasoned. "Plus he really likes us so of course he'll want to live with us."

"Do I have to remind you that we're already gonna have financial restrictions with the house payments, mortgage, and the baby in about 7 months?"

"The house payments and the mortgage is the same thing," Kevin said with a laugh.

"Fine, take out house payments and put in hospital bills. I'll be going to the hospital for check ups and don't forget labor. Those hospital bills are always the most expensive." Kevin didn't say anything, he just looked at her. "Can we really afford afourth mouth?" Jenna continued when he didn't respond. "And he's 16, he'll be going to college in a couple years."

Kevin placed his hands on Jenna's shoulders. "I really think we should adopt him," he said sincerely. "I know you want to; I can see it in your eyes."

"I do, but it'll be so hard."

"Life isn't easy," Kevin said with a shrug.

Jenna frowned at him and sighed. "I hate your use of clichés sometimes.” Kevin laughed at her and pulled her into a hug. “We’re gonna have to talk to him and his foster parents,” Jenna said into his shirt as plans started to form in her head.

“We have Larissa to help us with all the legal stuff,” Kevin said with a smile.

“And a handy accountant,” Jenna added giving Kevin a squeeze.

“So I’m just your accountant now?” Aina asked as she waked up to them.

“That Chelsea is really good,” Larissa said walking next to Aina.

“I only work for the best,” Kevin bragged as he stood a little straighter and puffed his chest out, which caused the girls to laugh at him.

“Anyways Mr. Conceited, what do you need us for this time?” Larissa asked.

Kevin looked over to Jenna. She gave him a small smile and a nod. “Well, we’re thinking of adopting Xavier.” Kevin told them the whole story of meeting Xavier, him being a foster child, and how he’s going back to an orphanage when his foster parents leave.

“Are you guys sure you want to do this?” Aina asked.

“Yeah, I mean, it’s not the greatest timing, but we really like this kid and we don’t want him stuck at an orphanage.”

“Well,” Larissa said with a sigh, “We’ll support you guys 100 percent until someone in authority says that you can’t.”

If someone in authority says that you can’t,” Aina corrected.

--- --- --- ---

The next morning Kevin and Jenna were in bed until the late morning. Kevin was the first to wake up. He opened his eyes only to see the sleeping face of Jenna. He smiled as he pushed back a stray hair from her face and kissed her forehead. She sighed and turned to lay on her back.

Geez, I guess she’s not in the mood anymore, he joked in his head.

Kevin’s eyes wondered down to her stomach. You still couldn’t tell that she was pregnant; it just looked like she gained a pound or two. Kevin lowered the blanket and lifted up his shirt that she threw on before going to sleep, and placed a light kiss on her stomach. He lightly rested his head there. Jenna woke up to the feeling of the kiss. She looked down and saw Kevin with his eyes closed. She reached over and caressed his cheek. A smile appeared on his face before he opened his eyes to looked at her.

“How are you feeling,” Kevin asked before getting up and giving her a kiss, on the lips this time.

“Like a proud, pregnant wife,” she said with a smile. “But other than that, a little soar.” This caused Kevin to laugh a little. “You, Mr. Jonas, are an animal. I mean the first time was great…”

“Oh so you’re saying the other times weren’t great?” Kevin asked still laughing.

“No, they were, well, you were there,” she said with a laugh. “But give a girl some time to recoup after an orgasm.”

“It’s been almost three months, I couldn’t help it.” There was a little pause before he asked, “Are you sure it was okay that we had sex last night, with you being pregnant?”

Jenna sighed and said, “For the hundredth time, Kevin, yes it’s okay, I should know, I am a nurse.”

“I’m just being careful.” Kevin leaned in and gave her another kiss. When he pulled away he rested his forehead against Jenna’s

“You wanna take a look around the new house now?” Jenna asked. “You didn’t get a chance to last night.”

Kevin laughed remembering his rush to their new room. “Don’t act all innocent, you wanted it too.”

After finally getting out of bed, and properly dressed, Jenna took Kevin to look at the rest of the house.

“This really is a nice house, way better than I expected from the pictures you showed me,” Kevin said. The door bell rang while they were in the back yard, but you could still hear it clearly. “Wow, it’s good to know we can hang out back here and still hear the door bell.”

Jenna smiled and shook her head. “That’s probably Nick and Xavier,” she said going to answer the door.

“Do they come here a lot?” Kevin asked. “Maybe we should talk to him now since he’s here.”

“They do come over a lot,” Jenna said avoiding the last question. “I gave them your key to the apartment when you were gone.”

“Stop avoiding the question,” Kevin said right before Jenna opened the door for the boys. “Hey guys,” he greeted them.

“Hey bro, I hope you don’t mind that we came over,” Nick said.

“It’s cool, come over whenever.”

“Good, ‘cause we just finished making a copy of your keys.” Nick was holding two keys and handed Jenna Kevin’s copy of the key to the front door and placed its twin in his pocket.

“You just made one right?” Kevin asked.

“Uhh… yeah, of course,” Xavier said feigning guilt causing Nick to laugh. “Just kidding, Kev. Of course we only made one copy.”

Nick and Xavier went straight to the computer as Kevin brought Jenna to the kitchen. “We really should talk to him now since he’s here,” Kevin repeated what he said earlier.

“I really think we should talk this over with him and his foster parents first,” Jenna said.

“Fine so we’ll tell ask him and his family over for dinner on your next day off,” he suggested.

Jenna sighed knowing that she wanted to adopt Xavier, but also afraid of the hardships that might come from it. “Fine,” she said. “I don’t work this Tuesday.”

Xavier seemed a little unnerved when Kevin and Jenna asked him to invite his family over for dinner. “Okay, but I don’t think they’ll be available on Tuesday,” Xavier said. “Mr. Sims is still away on business and Mrs. Sims has her days off on Fridays and Saturdays.”

“Well, then come over on Saturday,” Kevin suggested.

“Alright, I’ll ask. See you guys later,” he said before he and Nick headed out to Nick’s car and driving off.

--- --- ---

It was Saturday. Mrs. Sims had agreed to bring her family over to Kevin and Jenna’s house for dinner. Jenna was now running around the house to get everything ready.

“Kevin could you please pick up your towel off the bathroom floor please,” she said as she ran from their bedroom to the kitchen to make sure nothing burned.

“Yes dear,” he said rolling his eyes and placed his used towel in the hamper. “You should really try to relax.”

“I can’t relax, what if she thinks this is a bad idea,” Jenna said.

“Well, she’s not the one to decide whether we can adopt him or not.”

Jenna stopped everything she was doing and said, “I know.” She turned to look directly at Kevin. “I don’t know what it is. It’s like I need her to understand that we really want to adopt him, like I need her approval or something.”

Kevin stepped closer to her and placed his hands on either side of her face. “Everything’s gonna be alright. She’ll see that we’re perfect parents for Xavier.” At that moment the door bell rang signaling the Sims’ arrival.

Author’s Note: I really wanted to cut that into two chapters and have the next chapter be all about Saturday, but I decided to keep it as one and split up Saturday into two chapters. Haha
Sign up to rate and review this story