Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 21 Moving day

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 21

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-02 - Updated: 2008-11-02 - 1446 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 21 Moving day

It was 8:00 am on Saturday, moving day. Jenna had just gotten home from a 12 hour shift at the hospital.

This is great financially, but all these seven to seven shifts are gonna be the death of me, Jenna thought as she flopped onto her bed.

Jenna closed her eyes for what felt like a few seconds before she awoke to her phone vibrating on her bed.

"Hello," she answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey we're coming over." It was Nick. He along with Xavier and the rest of the Jonas family, sans Kevin, was going over to help Jenna with moving.

"But its still early," Jenna whined.

"Jenna, it's like almost 11."

She looked over to the clock on her nightstand that read 10:47 am. "Oh, I guess I fell asleep."

"Well we're heading out now. See you later," Nick said.

"Alright, later."

Jenna got up and showered so that she wouldn't be in her scrubs when they got there. When she got out of the shower she heard the front door open.

"Nicholas you should have knocked first," Jenna heard Denise lightly scold her son.

"What? She gave me a key. I think she's okay with me just coming in," Nick defended.

Jenna let out a laugh. "I'll be out in a minute you guys," she yelled.

She got dressed in the bathroom before stepping out. As soon as she was out of the bathroom she was tackled by Aina.

"Mommy Jenna," she squealed like a child.

"Aina," Jenna laughed. "I wasn't expecting you to come."

"Hey, just because I'm not married yet doesn't mean that I'm not a part of the family," Aina said slightly offended. "I was family way before Kevin was. And besides I haven't seen you since before you told me you were pregnant and I wanted to say hi to the fetus," she said rubbing her face in Jenna's stomach.

"Okay, that's enough," Jenna said laughing at her silliness. The girls walked down the hall to the living room where everyone was waiting for instructions. They all knew about Jenna's pregnancy since she called Paul and Denise the day before.

"So is Larissa here too?"

"No she's working on a case or something, but she would have been here if she could," Aina said while sitting on Joe's lap.

"So what's the plan?" Paul asked.

"Yeah, we got the rented U-Haul in visitor's parking," Nick added.

"How about the hard stuff first like the couch, beds, you know all the big stuff," Jenna suggested.

"Okay, but you're not carrying anything heavy, you understand?" Denise said to Jenna.

"Yes, ma'am," she replied.

"Xavier, Frankie, you guys can help me take apart the beds," Aina suggested.

They went into the guest bedroom first to start taking apart the frames for the beds. Jenna and Denise went into the kitchen to finish up packing.

"I should have finished this earlier," Jenna said to herself. "There's a lot more stuff to pack up."

"It's okay, you're always working and tired. We don't mind doing a little extra work," Denise comforted. "Besides, you shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous without someone else with you."

In the living room the boys prepared to bring the couch out.

"I'll bring the van around while you guys get the couch downstairs," Paul ordered.

"Sure he gets the easy job," Joe said jokingly.

"Do you remember how long it took you to get your license? You'd never be able to drive that thing," Nick laughed.

"Just help me with the couch," Joe said bitterly.

Joe and Nick each grabbed one end of the couch and Joe walked backwards toward the door.

"Will it fit?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, but we have to tilt it a little," Joe said. They tilted the couch slightly and managed to get it out the door. "Railing, railing!" Joe yelled as Nick kept pushing even when Joe was smashed between the couch and railing.

"Nicholas, don't push him over," Denise said coming to see what all the commotion was about.

"Oh my bad." Nick turned and was now walking backward to the elevators.

After three hours the van was packed to capacity with all of the heavy, bulky furniture and a few boxes. Since Jenna was the only one who knew where the new house was she and Nick drove in her car as Paul and Joe followed in the U-Haul.

"So you and Xavier are getting pretty close huh?" Jenna said starting up some conversation.

"Yeah, he's really cool," Nick replied. "I mean with all the things he's going through he's pretty optimistic."

"With his cancer and all," Jenna said nodding.

"That, and being in a foster family."

"Foster family?"

"He didn't tell you?" Nick asked getting a head shake from Jenna. "Well, he's been in a foster family for about a year or so."

"Oh," was all Jenna could say. "Well, here we are."

Jenna handed Paul the keys to the house that she got from Josh a few days before. She left the boys to bring everything into the house so that she could go back and help pack up everything else. When she got back to the apartment she saw Xavier packing things in the living room and went to help him.

"Hey Xavier," she greeted.

"Hey," he said back.

"Listen, Nick let it slip that you lived with a foster family. I hope you're okay with that," she said.

"Oh," Xavier said.

"That's exactly what I said when he told me. Don't be mad at him. He thought I already knew."

"I'm not mad. I just... didn't really want you guys to know."

"Why not?" Jenna asked. "It's nothing to be ashamed of."

"I... I don't know," Xavier shrugged.

After a while Jenna said, "Well, this doesn't change anything. You're still more than welcome to come over whenever you want. Nick too since you guys were practically living here before."

"That's true," Xavier laughed. "But I don't think that'll happen much." Jenna gave him a questioning look. "My foster dad is getting relocated to Texas and well, I might not be here."

"Might not?"

"Well, they didn't adopt me yet or anything. So the options are to get adopted by a family that I'm not really close to and go with them or go back to the orphanage in town and get to stay at the same school and hang out with my best friend," Xavier explained.

"Oh," Jenna said. "Well it sounds like you would rather have option number two. I know I would love for you to choose number two, and Kevin, and Nick."

"Yeah, maybe." They continued to talk about Xavier's experience in an orphanage as well as being in a foster home. "I don't actually call my foster mom, mom, I usually call her Mrs. Sims, same with my foster dad," he confided. "It was really weird calling her mom in the hospital that one time," he said with a laugh.

After a while Jenna remembered that Kevin would be coming home early. "Oh hey, Kevin's coming home in a few days," Jenna said.

"Really?" Xavier's excited voice mixed with Denise and Aina's curious ones. They came in the room, each with a box in their arms.

"Kevin's coming back!?!" Frankie exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, he said that touring wasn't for him so when they come for the carnival he's getting someone to replace him and he's gonna stay home."

It was around 4:00 when Jenna's parents came over to the apartment. With two extra pairs of hands the packing went my much faster. An hour later everyone was over at the new house putting everything together and placing them in the right place.

Secret lovers yeah, that's what we are, Jenna's phone rang.

"Hey Riss, what's up?" Jenna answered the call.

"Hey tell me how to get to your new place."

"Umm... a little late dear. We're almost done."

"Well that's why I'm calling now," Larissa joked.

Jenna gave her directions as best she could. When that wasn't successful she handed the phone to Paul and 5 minutes later Larissa was at the front door with a welcome mat and some orchids as a house warming gift.

"Thanks," Jenna said placing the welcome mat on the floor. "You can be the first to wipe their feet on it."

They got all the major appliances and furniture together and in their rightful places before they called it quits. There were 3 full boxes left to be sorted through, but Jenna convinced them that she could do it herself in the morning. Instead they ordered five large pizza's and had a small party in Jenna's new living room.
Sign up to rate and review this story