Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 20 Baby, baby

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 20

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-30 - Updated: 2008-10-30 - 1171 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 20 Baby, baby

"How can I be so stupid!" Jenna exclaimed as she went through her bag and pulled out her planner. After aminute or two of flipping though a few pages she looked up at Rosalie and said, "I'm pregnant."

"Are you sure?" Rosalie asked.

"I'm pretty sure," Jenna said sitting on the locker room floor. "I mean, the last time Kevin and I had sex was about two months ago. I'm not sure if I took my depo shot for that month and I didn't take one for this month because he's not here," she explained. "And I'm late too."

"I guess the both of us will be taking a test," Rosalie said absent mindedly.

"Jenna! Are you there?" Larissa said breaking Jenna's flashback of the night before.

"Oh sorry," Jenna said. She was now on a massive 3-way call. Rosalie called Jenna, who three wayed Larissa, who three wayed Aina while Rosalie three wayed Corie. They explained their problem and were now waiting for the pregnancy test to tell them whether they were pregnant or not.

"I hope you know three of the five of us are at work and could get fired for this," Corie said hiding in the hospital bathroom.

"Sorry I just can't look at it," Jenna said.

"Me too." Rosalie sounded panicked like she was going to hyperventilate soon.

"I mean how fast is it supposed to change? We're supposed to wait for 15 minutes. It could change form positive to a negative in that time right?"

"Umm..." Aina said.

"What?" Jenna demamded.

"Well... when my cousin was pregnant the test turned out positive instantly."

"I looked at it for a second; I haven't looked at it since. It was a quick glance, maybe I just thoughtit was a positive," Jenna tried to reason.

"Mine is negative," Rosalie said out of nowhere.

"Okay one down, one more," Larissa said. "What does it say Jenna?"

Jenna went into the bathroom where she left the test. She took a deep breath walked over to it and took alook at the plus sign. "Damn it," she said lightly. "I'm pregnant."

"Well... what's so wrong with being pregnant? You're happily married and moving into a bigger house," Aina reasoned.

"I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. How do you guys think Kevin'll react?"

"I thought he wanted kids? Or that's what you told me," Corie said.

"Yeah, but he's on tour now. Do I tell him now? He might come back early... I mean, I'm not complaining about that, but I want him to come back on his own, not just because he thinks he has to, you know."

"So just tell him that," Rosalie said.

"I guess," Jenna said. "I'll talk to you guys later. I need a nap or something."

The girls said their goodbye's and continued with whatever they were doing before the call. Jenna walked into her room and collapsed on her bed.

It explains why I've been so tired and my irrational behavior... even if I was a little irrational before, but getting tricking Kevin into something I didn't want him to do? she thought. Anyways, what do I do now?

Instead of going to bed she ended up calling her mom to tell her the news and to ask for her opinion.

"Hey," Jenna said in a slightly shaky voice, "grandma," she added hoping Lily would get the hint.

"Jenna, what are you," Lily abruptly stopped. "Are you?"

"Yes."

"Oh my gosh Jenna, congratulations! Ferd!" She called her husband. "Ferd! We're gonna be grandparents!"

"Mom, stop. I need your advice."

"Okay what is it honey?"

"When do I tell Kevin?" She asked getting straight to the point.

"You haven't told him yet?"

"No, he's on tour. I don't want him to think he has to come home early just because I'm pregnant."

"Oh honey, you should tell him anyway. He is the father after all... right?"

"Yes mom! Geez, I'm not some whore that cheats on her husband. I should be around one and a half to two months pregnant," Jenna confirmed.

"Okay, sorry. You know people now-a-days you can't tell who'll do what next," Lily said.

"So tell him?"

"Yes tell him."

Jenna got off the phone with her mom and sat there on her bed for an hour tuning her cell over and over in her hand. She heaved a big sigh before calling Kevin.

"Jenna, hold on!" Kevin yelled from the other end of the line with lots of cheering and loud music playing in the background. Jenna waited patiently hearing the music getting farther and farther away. "Okay, sorry there are a lot of people showing up for the sound check. So, how are you?"

"I'm... tired," Jenna said lamely hating herself for being so chicken.

"Oh, so why don't you take anap? Are you working tonight? If you are, you really should get to bed."

"Geez dad, calm down," Jenna joked laughing at the irony.

"I'm just being careful. I'm not there you know," Kevin said.

"Yeah, umm... speaking of dad," she started.

"Oh wait I have some great news!"

"Can I tell you my thing first? If I don't do it now I won't be able to tell you until you get home." Jenna's voice seemed different to Kevin and he got a little worried.

"Okay, what is it? What about dads?"

Jenna let out a breath."Well... you're gonna be one," she said slowly. There was a long moment of silence before Jenna broke it. "Kevin? Are you still there?"

"Yeah, umm... what do you want me to do?" He asked. "Sorry that sounded like I don't care. I mean like do you want me to come home early?"

"No. See this is what I was worried about. I don't want you to come home early just for this. I'll be fine for the next month. I'll call and text you every detail. Don't worry about me."

"Sounds like you don't want me to come home," Kevin said jokingly.

Glad that he wasn't in a bad mood from the news Jenna laughed. "I do want you to come home, more than anything, but really I'll be fine."

"Well, I'm coming home early anyway," he informed. "That was my news. Touring wasn't what I thought it was gonna be, so when we're in town in a few days someone's gonna take my place."

"Really?!" Jenna said finally getting excited.

"I knew you'd be happy about that," Kevin laughed. "The tour is being extended too, so I decided to get out of it."

"Well, now that all that's off my shoulders I think I'm gonna take that nap now."

"Okay babe, I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"I love you too."

"You know, if I were there, I'd give your stomach a kiss. Have a good nap. Bye."

"Bye," Jenna said before hanging up. She layed on her bed and unconsciously rubbed her stomach before falling asleep with a smile on her face.
Sign up to rate and review this story