Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 19 Frightening Moments

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 19

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-28 - Updated: 2008-10-28 - 1406 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 19 Frightening Moments

It's been almost a month since Jenna first saw Xavier for the first time out of the hospital. A week after that day Nick called her asking for permission to go over to her apartment to use her computer.

"Okay," she told them. "But a few rules since I've been going to work earlier than usual. When I'm not here no girls, no parties, no drugs or alcohol, basically nothing I wouldn't do."

They agreed and have been going over a lot since then. They've been going over so much that Jenna gave Nick, Kevin's set of keys so that they could just come and go whenever they wanted.

"Hey guys," Jenna said coming out of her room ready to go to work. "Don't forget to lock the door and windows before you leave.

"Nightshift again?" Nick asked.

"When am I not on nightshift?" Jenna said more than asked. "Oh and don't forget to keep this Saturday open. That's moving day."

"Alright."

"Have fun at work," Xavier said as Jenna walked out the front door.

Jenna drove to work yawning every five minutes. When she got to work she felt like she was up for days.

"Twelve hour shift again," Rosalie asked as they both put their things away in their locker.

"Seven to seven," Jenna confirmed.

"Me too. Corie had morning shift today, she said that we're slow, we only have to deal with three patients."

"Oh thank goodness," Jenna said relieved. "I feel so tired. I don't know if I can handle 5 patients today."

"Couldn't sleep?" Rosalie asked as they walked out to the floor.

"No, I slept the whole day, but I'm still tired."

"Maybe it's because you had too much sleep.

"I dunno, I guess," Jenna said before attending to her first patient.

The hours passed by slowly especially since they had fewer patients that night. The night seemed to drag on and on with no noticeable ending. It was almost midnight when Rosalie poked her head into the room Jenna was in.

"Break time girl, I'll wait for you to finish up," she said.

Jenna finished up taking down her patients vitals and walked with Rosalie to the nurse's lounge for their break.

"Damn I need some coffee," Jenna said.

"You want me to wake you when our breaks over?" Rosalie joked.

"Ha ha, just pour me some coffee and I... should be okay."

"Good because I have something to tell you."

"Uh... okay shoot," Jenna said sitting down at the table in the middle of the room.

"I think I'm pregnant," Rosalie blurted out after a little pause.

Jenna sat there dumbfounded for a minute. "Ooooookay. You think you're pregnant. That doesn't mean that you are. What makes you think you're pregnant?"

"Well, the obvious, I had sex, plus I'm late by a few days," Rosalie said.

"Okay well, it's not for sure yet. I've been late before, so you could start sooner or later. I say just get a test, you now, see a doctor maybe, just to be sure. Then, if you are... then you freak out."

Rosalie laughed a little at Jenna's last statement. "Okay, I'll go out and get a test in the morning," she said with a sigh.

There was a moment of silence before Jenna tensed. "Oh crap."

"What is it?" Rosalie asked following Jenna into the locker room.

"How can I be so stupid!" Jenna exclaimed as she went through her bag and pulled out her planner. After aminute or two of flipping though a few pages she looked up at Rosalie and said, "I'm pregnant."

--- --- --- ---

It was noon and Kevin was still sleeping in his bunk. The tour was getting more and more hectic as the time went on. It started with there being a show every few days to every other day. It was now to the point where the bands were playing everyday. Kevin was thankful that he didn't have to go out and performing every night, but he was still tired from running around making sure things were okay.

Other than work Kevin tried to keep himself busy so that he didn't have to deal with Chelsea. He practically ran away from her every time he didn't need to talk to her. Lately whenever she wasn't performing, doing meet and greets, interviews, and the like she's been sitting around and working on that Rubik's Cube.

Kevin stretched in his bunk and opened his eyes slowly. When his sight came into focus he saw Chelsea a little too close for comfort holding a pair of scissors.

"Jesus," he said shocked as he moved away a little. "What are you doing here... in my bunk... with a pair of scissors?"

"I just wanted to snip off asmall piece of hair," Chelsea answered innocently.

"Umm... why?"

"As a remembrance of you, silly," she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Don't worry I won't take out a lot, you'll barely notice it."

Kevin hastily got out of his bunk instantly realizing they were alone. "Isn't it the girl that gives the guy her hair?" He shook his head to clear his thoughts. What are you saying? He asked himself. "And even if that were true," he continued before she could answer, "that only happens when you're dating and we're not dating."

They were now in the front lounge standing in the little walk way. Chelsea put the scissors down on the table, sat down, and pulled out her Rubik's Cube. She looked so concentrated trying to figure it out.

What is with her and that thing? Kevin thought to himself.

After a minute of playing around with the cube she looked up and said with a smile on her face, "Okay, so the girl does give it to the guy, but its okay. It's the twenty first century; nothing is like it used to be."

"But we aren't dating!" Kevin yelled.

Chelsea looked upset for about a second before her face lit up. "You wanna know a little secret?" She asked. "See this?" She said holding up the Rubik's Cube.

"It's... it's a Rubik's Cube," Kevin said a little confused about where this was going.

"Yeah well, it tells me things," Chelsea said with a smile and eager eyes.

"It tells you things," Kevin repeated.

Chelsea nodded like a little girl being offered candy. "It only talks to me when I play with it, but it told me to get Loretta to promote you and it told me that you secretly love me."

"I need to make a phone call," Kevin said.

Instead of responding Chelsea went back to her cube, but only for a second before looking back up and saying, "Mr. Rubik's says that you're gonna put me in a mental hospital. But you wouldn't do that, would you Kevin?"

You should be in a mental hospital. She looks like a lost child or something. It freaks me out, Kevin thought. "Ummm... no, I won't put you in a mental hospital... I'm just gonna make a call."

Kevin walked out of the bus and called Loretta.

"Hello Kevin, enjoying your day off?" She said answering the phone.

"Hey, umm... how much would you hate me if I said that I wanted to pull out of the tour?" Kevin asked.

"Well," Loretta said letting out a long sigh.

"I don't mind going back to my cubical or anything. I just... I like being able to see my wife, sleep in my own bed, you know?" Kevin explained. And being away from that psycho is aperk too.

"Kevin, you're too good to go back to that cubical. The managerial thing isn't for you, I got it. We'll just keep you in the studio."

"Thank you," Kevin said relieved.

"Do you think you can handle another week or so? Just until you get back here. I'm gonna have to find a replacement or go in your place, but I can't do either right now," Loretta asked.

"Yeah I can handle that."

"Great, I'll see you when you get back."

"Okay, thanks for understanding Loretta. I really appreciate it. Bye," Kevin said.

When he hung up the phone Kevin took a look around the parking lot he was standing in. When he saw there was no one in site he jumped up, pumped his fist in the air, and did a celebratory dance.
Sign up to rate and review this story