Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 18 Enter a Familiar Face

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 18

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-26 - Updated: 2008-10-27 - 1287 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 18 Enter a Familiar Face

"Oh well this is Mark," Chelsea said placing a hand on his shoulder. "He's my PR guy, isn't he handsome? And this is Kevin, he's my..."

"I'm her manager," Kevin smoothly interrupted her. "I'm sorry we have to be getting in the club now."

"Yeah, we really should," Mark confirmed.

"Okay," Chelsea said turning back to the reporter. "I'm sorry to cut it short. It was nice meeting you."

The three of them entered the club and Mark took Chelsea and directed her to more reporters and photographers leaving Kevin alone.

Thank goodness! Kevin cheered in his head before walking over to an empty table and ordering a bottle of water.

--- --- --- ---

The next morning Jenna found herself waking up at 11 in the morning.

It's so nice to sleep in after a long 12 hour shift, Jenna thought as she stretched and let out a yawn.

Jenna planned to visit her in-laws that day since she had a day off of work. It was a warm November day and it showed while Jenna drove down to the Jonas residence.

"Hello Jenna! What a surprise," Denise said when she answered the door.

"Oh, should I have called first?"

"No, there's no need to call. I'm glad you came over. It's so quiet here with Paul at work and the boys at school, I'm thinking we should get a dog, so that I'm not so lonely," Denise joked.

"Yeah, I've been pretty lonely with Kevin on tour," Jenna said.

"Well, we can be lonely together. Did you have lunch yet?"

Jenna and Denise spent hours catching up on things. They didn't notice the time passing by so fast. Soon they heard the front door open.

"Mom we're home," Nick's voice came through to the kitchen.

Denise and Jenna walked out to greet the boys.

"How was school today?" Denise asked. "Oh," she said after seeing a new face. "Who's your friend?"

"Xavier?" Jenna said stepping next to Denise.

"Umm..." Nick started a little confused as to why his sister-in-law knew his new friend. "Mom this is Xavier. We met in school. I invited him over, is that okay?"

"Of course it's okay. How do you know this young man Jenna?" Denise asked.

"I spent a few weeks in the hospital this summer. Nothing all that serious," Xavier explained. "Jenna was my night nurse."

"You still up for helping me move? Maybe you can get Nick to volunteer too," Jenna hinted.

"Geez Jenna, if you wanted me to help all you had to do was ask," Nick joked.

"I'll still help you move, don't worry," Xavier confirmed.

"You're moving?" Frankie asked finally speaking up since they got home.

"Yeah, but we're not moving far, just a mile or two away from our apartment now. You can come over whenever you like, if it's okay with mom and dad."

"Cool, I wanna help move too!"

He was 9 now, but he was still just as energetic as he was when he was 7.

"We'll all help, don't worry about it," Denise said. "So, you kids hungry?"

"Yeah!" Frankie said rushing past everyone to get to the kitchen with everyone else following behind him.

"Xavier aren't you a junior?" Jenna asked.

He nodded adding a simple, "Yeah."

"So you guys have a class together?"

"Yeah, we have multi-media together," Nick said.

At that moment Jenna's phone began to sing But I'll be there forever, you will see that it's better.

"That would be Kevin," Jenna said as she took out her phone. "Hey," she greeted cheerily.

"Hey, you sound happy," Kevin said from the other line.

"It's always fun hanging out with your family while they tell me about all your embarrassing moments."

"So is that what you did all day today?" Kevin laughed.

"Not all day. When Nick and Frankie came home they brought home a new friend. Just guess what junior your senior brother brought home today."

"Umm... I don't know. Who?"

"Xavier. Small world isn't it?"

"Awesome. Is he still there? Let me talk to him," Kevin asked.

"Xavier, Kevin wants to talk to you," Jenna said handing him the phone.

"Hey Kev, what's up?" He greeted.

"So he doesn't want to talk to me, his own brother? I see how it is," Nick said in mock anger.

Xavier laughed before saying, "Kevin says, 'Stop whining loser, I texted you this morning.'"

After a few minutes of talking Xavier handed back Jenna's phone. Frankie was long gone having found something better to do, Nick and Xavier migrated to the living room to watch some TV, and Denise went to greet her husband at the door since he was now coming home from work.

"Finally decided to talk to me now?" Jenna joked.

"What? I haven't talked to him in a long time. It's good to know he has a friend now," Kevin stated.

"Yeah I know," Jenna said. "So... how was the party last night?" Kevin just groaned in response. "Was it that bad?"

"Yeah," he replied. "It took forever waiting for Chelsea to get ready and when we got to the club she had to take pictures and do interviews. Then when we finally got in the club all I did was sit at a table, all alone I might add, and wait to leave. It was really boring. I probably wouldn't have been able to avoid all that since I'm her manager and had to go anyway," he finished with a sigh.

"All alone, really?"

"Yeah. I wish you were there," Kevin said. "Then again, you'd probably just drag me onto the dance floor and I would have made a fool of myself," he said as an afterthought causing Jenna to laugh.

"I'm guessing there was no point in asking her to be your date," She said knowing there was a double meaning to it.

"You were just looking after her," Kevin said as he made a face.

"Have you met any of the other acts?" Jenna said changing the subject.

"No, they're all so busy with the concert and trying to fit in meet and greets and stuff, but I've met the other managers," Kevin laughed. "Some of them are like stuffy old business men, but the others are pretty cool."

"Any... females?" Jenna asked instantly regretting it.

"You're still worked up about this?" Kevin asked. "I'm flattered that you think I'm that attractive, but seriously, I love you and only you. Don't worry about my loyalty. There's no one I'd rather be with than you."

"I guess I'm just a little irrational."

"Maybe, but like I said, I'm flattered," Kevin said as they laughed a little. "Oh get this, there's supposed to be a carnival or something in a little over a month."

"Umm... here in town?"

"Yeah and guess who's gonna be performing there?"

"You're gonna be in town? For how long?" Jenna asked excited.

"Just a day or two, but maybe I'll be able to spend the night with you."

"That would be so great. I'll be counting the days."

After a few more minutes of talking Jenna finally got off the phone and headed home.

"I really have to go. It was great visiting you," she said to Denise before leaving.

On the way home she wondered why Chelsea would tell her those things. If the other acts were so busy wouldn't she be busy too? And if she were busy how would she know who Kevin's been hanging out with? Unless she's a lying, husband stealing, bitch! Jenna thought. But most importantly... what if she's the one telling the truth?

Author's Note: The continuation of the cliffy was a bit anti-climactic. Haha... Sorry to disappoint.
Sign up to rate and review this story