Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 17 Party Over Here, Not Over There

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 17

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-26 - Updated: 2008-10-26 - 1251 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 17 Party over here, not over there

When Kevin got Mark at the airport they went straight to the venue and onto the bus.

"Chelsea, you remember Mark right?" Kevin said when they entered the front lounge.

"Yeah, of course," she said looking up from her laptop.

"Well, come on then, we need to strategize!" Mark said in a clear voice.

Kevin sat in with them zoning in and out of the conversation.

"So did you get a date last minute or are you going solo tonight," Mark asked Chelsea.

"I think I'll be solo tonight," she said in mock sadness.

"I'll go with her," Kevin said.

"Aren't you married?" Mark asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I was talking to my wife before picking you up, told her about the party, and she thought that I should be nice and be her date if she didn't have one," Kevin explained. There, now she won't think it was my idea.

"Okay, well, I think we should make it clear that Kevin is just your manager and nothing else," Mark said. "I wouldn't want Kevin to go home to an angry wife, right? We like the wives to be happy when we get home," he said playfully nudging Kevin in the side.

Kevin went along with the bad joke before the meeting continued. When they were done it was time for sound check. Kevin, Chelsea, and the rest of her band were walking to the stage when Chelsea caught up to Kevin matching his steps.

"So, you're my date tonight?" She asked.

"I told you, only because Jenna wanted me to."

"Oh Kevin, Mark's not around anymore. You don't have to lie about it."

"I'm not lying," Kevin said stopping in his tracks. "Do you really think after what happened yesterday that I'd want to be your date today?"

"Well, it is convenient I must say," Chelsea said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh please Kevin, 'you're a beautiful girl any guy would be lucky to have you,'" she imitated Kevin the day before. "That was a total line. Now there's this last minute party and your wife just happens to call you and tell you to be my date? I don't believe it."

"I would never cheat on my wife!"

"We'll see about that," Chelsea said before walking to the stage.

Later that night everyone was getting ready for the big bash. The concert was a hit once again and now they were ready to party.

"Don't stay out too late tonight you guys. We're leaving at 2 in order to get to the next venue on time," Kevin said to everyone on the bus.

"Okay dad," Cameron said sarcastically as she passed him to get to her bunk.

Forty five minutes later all the guys were in the front lounge waiting for the girls.

"You guys can go on if you want. Take the car Loretta sent for us, I still have the rental car from this morning. You don't have to wait for the girls if you don't want to," Kevin said knowing the guys were growing impatient and just wanted to get down there so that they could meet other girls.

"Alright!" Abe said as he jumped up. "Come on guys the ladies are that way," he said as he pointed to door while flexing his triceps.

Kevin was left alone sitting in the front lounge. A few minutes later he was greeted by Mark.

"Hey Kev," he said sitting down across from Kevin.

"Hey what are you doing here?"

"Don't you know? I'm gonna be pretty much following Chelsea around the whole night." Kevin looked a little confused so Mark continued. "You know, make sure she has time for the next reporter, answers enough questions for each interview, make sure she talks to all the important reporters, and all that stuff. It's a part of my job."

"Oh, okay. So do you really need me there?"

"Well, we should have you there; you are her manager after all, but as her date. Not really."

"Do you mind if I stayed behind anyway. I'm not feeling..."

"You have to come!" Chelsea said as she and the other girls came out of the bunk area. She wore a white, cutaway empire dress, with a mixed bead trim along the neckline that stopped around her mid thigh. "I need my manager there with me. I don't know what I would do without you. Please Kevin." Her voice was thick with her Australian accent and practically coated with sugary sweetness.

"Alright, let's go then," Kevin sighed.

Mark, Kevin, and the girls walked out of the bus and to Kevin's rental car. Kevin insisted that Mark stay in the passengers seat so that the girls could have there privacy and also so that Mark wouldn't have to be in the middle of girl talk. But really he just didn't want the chance of Chelsea being the one to sit next to him.

They pulled up to the club and had the valet park the car for them. Once they were out of the car there were lights flashing in their faces.

So this is what celebrities go though? Geez, it's crazy, Kevin thought.

"Come on Kevin, let's meet the press," Chelsea said as she took him by the hand and pulled him toward the line of reporters.

As Chelsea got closer to the first reporter Mark rushed to her side.

"Don't seem too eager," he told her through a fake smile. "Just take a few pictures for now. I'll lead you to your first interviewer."

Like an old pro, Chelsea walked in front of all the paparazzi. She still had Kevin's hand in hers as he trailed along behind her as her dancers went straight into the club.

The concert must be a bigger success than we thought. They already know her name, Kevin thought to himself as he heard every photographer and reporter yelling her name to get a good picture or an interview.

"Sorry guys, we're running alittle late," she said giving them a wave and one final pose before continuing along.

"You can let go of my hand," Kevin said in her ear. "They don't need a picture of me."

"But you're my date."

"It doesn't matter," he said through grit teeth.

"Chelsea, I want you to talk to that lady over there. She's a reporter for Rolling Stone Magazine. Make it good," Mark said cutting in front of Kevin so that it would be easier to talk to her.

She casually walked up to the woman Mark pointed out, introduced herself, and proceeded to answer some questions.

"You don't need to be her arm candy," Mark said as he mentally timed the interview.

"I didn't want to," Kevin replied happy that he wasn't attached to Chelsea anymore. "I wanted to stay in the bus and call my wife, but I have to be here."

Just then Mark walked up to Chelsea to lead her to another reporter. It's been 45 minutes, but to Kevin it felt like hours. Chelsea was doing her last interview. There were a lot of people so Kevin and Mark, who were usually standing off to the side, were now standing right behind her.

"So who are these two good looking men with you tonight?" The interviewer asked.

"Oh well this is Mark," Chelsea said placing a hand on his shoulder. "He's my PR guy, isn't he handsome? And this is Kevin, he's my..."
Sign up to rate and review this story