Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 16 Chelsea's Scheme

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 16

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-25 - Updated: 2008-10-25 - 1687 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 16 Chelsea's Scheme

"I think we might have a problem." Chelsea's message played over and over again in Jenna's head.

"Jenna?" Corie tried to get her attention. When she didn't get a response she reached over and gave Jenna a little nudge.

"Huh? I'm sorry, you were saying something?" Jenna asked finally coming out of her little trance.

"No, I just came in here and you had your phone to your ear with a look on your face like you just saw a ghost or something," Corie explained.

"I was just checking the messages on my answering machine. Chelsea, the girl Kevin's touring with, she said there was a problem."

"Well, it must not be all that serious. You would have been paged or something right?" Corie assured.

"Yeah, you're right. Do you think I should call her back?"

"It's late, maybe tomorrow."

Jenna just nodded and followed Corie to the elevators. It was a really slow day in oncology so Jenna and Corie decided to take their break down in the cafeteria instead of the break room as they usually do. Jenna did nothing but think about what this problem could be.

What happened? Is he hurt? Jenna thought to herself. No, Corie's right, if it was that serious I would have been paged or Chelsea would have said so in her message or Kevin, himself, would have called me. Maybe he's cheating on me. Or he's got into something bad. I need to stop thinking about this, I'm gonna mess up and end up killing someone. Worry about this tomorrow.

When Jenna got home she was tossing and turning in bed. She couldn't get her mind off of Chelsea's message. After 15 minutes of just lying there Jenna got up and walked around the apartment. She really didn't know what to do with herself. All she wanted to do was call Chelsea and find out what this problem was, but it was way too late by now. She knew that if she went to bed the time would go by faster, but she couldn't sleep. In the end she walked into the kitchen to warm up some milk. Warm milk always helped her fall asleep. By 4:00 am Jenna was out like a light.

--- --- --- ---

Later that morning Kevin was awaken from the ringing of his phone. He cleared his throat before answering. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Loretta. Did I wake you?" Loretta asked.

"No, I was just getting up."

"Okay good. Listen there's a big bash going on tonight after the concert. It's gonna be at a club near the venue. I want Chelsea to make an appearance. There'll be people from magazines, radio shows, TV, basically it's the place to be to get Chelsea more noticed. Mark from PR is on his flight over there now. He should be landing in an hour or two. He'll help you with everything."

Kevin sat there in his bunk writing down every detail that Loretta threw at him. When he was finally off the phone he looked at his watch which read 7:30. He got out of his bunk and started getting ready for the day. After getting ready he called everyone to the front of the bus.

"Hey guys I have some things to tell you." His voice was formal as he took a peak through the window to see they were at the venue. "Hey Ben," Kevin said to get the attention of the bus driver. "When did we get here?"

"Earlier this morning, around 3 or something," Ben informed.

"Okay, get some rest buddy. You've been driving all night."

"So what's this all about?" Abe asked.

"Well, Loretta called me earlier; she says that she wants Chelsea to go to this big party tonight." Kevin continued to go over what Loretta had told him. "So I'm headed down to the airport to pick him up. I guess all of you will be getting ready for the party after the concert?" Kevin asked.

"Hell yeah!" Cameron, one of Chelsea's back up singers said. "It's time to meet those guys three buses down. Come on ladies lets look for something to wear."

"Alright, well I'll be back in a little bit," Kevin said as he headed out of the bus to the rent-a-car nearby.

Chelsea watched Kevin run out of the bus and through the parking lot. Her eyes followed him until he was out of site.

"Earth to Chelsea," Cameron said.

"What?" She asked snapping out of her trance.

"We were asking you what you think of this dress," Stacy, her other back up singer asked. Cameron was holding up a black dress that reached her mid thigh.

"I think it would look great on you, Cameron," Chelsea said excitedly. Once again she had the Rubik's Cube in her hand and she kept turning it without looking.

"Umm... won't you mess that up if you're not looking at what you're doing?" Cameron asked pointing to the cube.

"No, it'll be fine," Chelsea said back.

"What about this dress Chels? I think it would look great on you," Stacy said holding up a dark green halter.

"Ummm..." Chelsea hummed as she concentrated on the cube for a second. She looked up and said, "Oh no, Stacy, you should wear that. You'd look great! I have a nice little dress in my suite case anyway."

Just then Chelsea's phone started to ring. She looked at it only to read "Kevin's Home" on the little screen.

"Sorry girls I have to take this," Chelsea said leaving them. "Hello," she greeted as she walked out of the bus looking for a secluded area.

"Hey Chelsea, its Jenna. You called yesterday," Jenna said from the other end.

"Yeah, well, I know we've only been gone for a little over 3 weeks now, but I've noticed Kevin being a little... friendly with some of the girls on tour." She now had the phone between her ear and shoulder as she played with the cube.

"Oh," Jenna said feeling a little nauseated. "What has he been doing?"

"Just little things, he's very touchy, isn't he? He's always standing a little too close to some girls. There were a couple times he's been gone for a long time. I'm not sure where he goes, so I can't be totally sure he's with another woman."

"Anyone in particular?"

"There is an all girl band with us on the road and even my backup singers sometimes. It's no one in specific," Chelsea said getting ready for the kill. When she didn't get another response from Jenna she continued. "There's something else."

"What is it?" Jenna could feel the tears start to form in her eyes.

"There's this party tonight. I have a feeling there might be drinks and he might ask someone to be his date."

"Maybe if you were to be his date you could keep an eye on him," Jenna said desperate. "I mean if you're not going with anyone."

"Sure, I'd do anything to help, but I think you should get him to ask me. I'd feel a little weird asking him to be my date," Chelsea said with mock innocence and a smile on her face. Her hands seemed to be going faster and faster.

"Yeah sure, I wanted to give him a call anyway. Thanks for calling me," Jenna said before saying goodbye and hanging up.

Chelsea put her phone in her pocket and walked back to the bus with a smile on her face as she continually tossed the cube up in the air and catching it on its way down.

--- --- --- ---

Kevin was sitting in his rented car in the airports parking lot when his phone started to ring. Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for. You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for, it sang. A smile came to his face knowing who it was from the ringtone.

"Hey Jenna," Kevin answered enthusiastically.

"Hey you sound happy," Jenna said, the distressed feeling going away from the sound of his voice.

"Of course, I'm always happy when you call."

"That's so sweet." Jenna blushed at his words. "So what's going on today?"

"Basically the same thing that happens every other day, just a concert," Kevin said. "Oh and there's some party thing that Loretta wanted Chelsea to go to. You know so that she gets more press coverage. The rest of the band is going too."

"That sounds like fun," Jenna said getting that sinking feeling in her stomach. "Are you planning on going too?"

"I kinda have to. I am her manager after all."

"Oh, well, maybe you should be Chelsea's date, if she doesn't have one that is."

Should I tell her what happened? Kevin asked himself. If I tell her then she'd want me to come home. I'd love to get away from Chelsea, but this is my dream job and we need the money for the new house.

"Kevin? You still there?" Jenna asked.

"Yeah, I'm still here," Kevin answered. "Umm... I don't think it would be such a good idea for me to be her date. You know how people can make things out of nothing. The media would go crazy if they saw us together."

"So then you just set them straight. It's not all that hard."

"I thought you didn't like Chelsea. What's with the change all of a sudden?"

"Well, I thought about it and I've been ridiculous about this whole jealousy thing," Jenna explained. "Why are you so against going with Chelsea?"

"Nothing! I'm just surprised that you're okay with it. I guess I'll ask her, if you really want me to.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fun."

"Alright, I'll ask her," Kevin said. "I have to go now. I'm picking up the PR guy and I think his plane just landed."

"Okay, babe. I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"I love you too," Kevin said with a small smile. "Bye."

While Kevin drove around to baggage claim he thought, Great, now I have to be her date. She's gonna get the wrong impression.
Sign up to rate and review this story