Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 15 On Tour

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 15

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-23 - Updated: 2008-10-24 - 1038 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Sorry! I kind of forgot about this. I've been so caught up in school, homework, three papers/projects, and writing Stupid Boy that I forgot to keep updating. If you've been coming back to check up on this thank you times 1,000!!! You're awesome.

Chapter 15 On Tour

Since Kevin left on tour three weeks before Jenna was constantly kept busy with work and getting that new house. Of course she'd drop just about anything to talk or text Kevin. After a while the calls came shorter and less frequent and were replaced with more texts.

"Staying the night again Jenna?" Joe asked. It was the weekend and he was staying in Aina's place.

"Don't I always?" Jenna responded. "Annoyed with me already Joe? It's not like you're getting any whether I'm here or not."

"That one hurt, right here," Joe said pointing to his heart. "'Cause you know I love ya sis. When you hurt, I hurt and I know it hurts being away from the one you love." Joe looked over at Aina who looked up from her work to give him a kiss.

"Joe you got something brown on your nose," Jenna said causing Aina to laugh.

"It's not brownnosing, it's the truth," Joe explained.

"It might be exaggerated a bit," Aina said finally joining in the conversation. Joe just gave her a hurt look. "But I hurt when I'm away from you too my love."

"You guys are mean," Joe said leaning back on the couch. "So, how's the house purchase going?"

"Pretty good, I think Jenna's gonna get to move in just before her lease is up," Aina said with a nod of accomplishment.

The rest of the night was uneventful as the three of them stayed in and watched a movie.

--- --- --- ---

Chelsea's sound check had just finished and everyone was now on the bus getting pumped up for the show.

"Hey," Chelsea said as she entered the back lounge in the tour bus. Kevin, Chelsea, as well as her back up band lived in one bus since every act got their own.

"Hey what's up?" Kevin asked.

"Nothing, I'm kinda bored," she said flopping down next to him.

"Me too. I texted Jenna, but I think she might be at work."

"Oh," Chelsea said as she pulled out her Rubik's Cube.

"What's with you and that thing?" Kevin asked with achuckle.

"What? You mean this?" Chelsea asked holding up the cube.

"Yeah, you play with that thing a lot."

"People have their quirks, this is mine."

"A Rubik's Cube?" Kevin asked thinking it was a little odd.

Chelsea just shrugged and went back to solving the little puzzle. After a moments silence she asked, "Got any news on the house?"

"Jenna said it looks good, so I'm guessing next time Isee her we'll have our own place," Kevin said with a sad smile. "I really miss her."

"So you're not having fun with me and touring and the late night parties?" Chelsea asked faking unhappiness.

Kevin laughed at her before saying, "All that stuff is fun, but I still miss her."

"Jenna's really lucky to have a guy like you."

"You'll find a good guy. I mean you're a beautiful girl any guy would be lucky to have you."

"Really?" Chelsea said turning to look at him, her Rubik's Cube forgotten. "You really mean that?"

"Yeah of course," Kevin said with a smile.

Chelsea grabbed Kevin's hand caressing it a little. Kevin gave her a questioning look. What is she doing? He though.

"Kevin, I'm so glad you're here. I mean it's nice to have someone around that's just as passionate about music as I am. And I was surprised when you whipped out the guitar last week and started jamming. It was like I met my soul mate or something."

"Umm," Kevin said sitting up a little straighter.

"Wait, let me finish," Chelsea said still holding his hand. "I've always thought you were an attractive man. There was always something about you that drew me to you. Then when I saw the way you played that guitar last week, I saw the passion you have when you play." Chelsea closed her eyes and took a deep breath remembering it. "You turned me on so much."

Kevin pulled his hand free and backed away from Chelsea. "Umm... That's very... flattering, Chels, but I don't think my wife would appreciate the things you're saying."

"Well, your wife isn't here, now is she?" Chelsea moved toward him. Every time he moved, she'd move too. "Come on Kevin, she'll never know."

"Chelsea, stop it." Kevin's voice was soft but firm."You're too young..."

"I'm 18 years old and totally legal," she cut him off.

"I'm happily married..."

"If you were so happy, you both wouldn't have had that rough patch," she interrupted him again.

"Every road has a few bumps, we overcame that and we're good now. We're in love..."

"So you do love me!" Chelsea exclaimed.

"What?" Kevin asked surprised. "No. I mean Jennaand I are in love and there's nothing that can ruin that." Kevin walked out of the back lounge and to the front where the band was hanging out.

After a few minutes of playing Guitar Hero with the bassist, Jorge, Chelsea came out as if nothing ever happened. She walked in, sat down next to her pianist, Abe, and started flirting with him. She was pulling out all the stops, there was giggling, lightly touching his arm, and of course her secret weapon, more cleavage.

"Will you excuse me Abe?" Chelsea asked after a few minutes of hard core flirting and headed back to the back lounge. She took out her Rubik's Cube and played with it for a few minutes. She was in deep thought as she turned it every which way. Eventually she stopped and pulled out her cell and looked through her phone book for Kevin's house number. When she found it she hit call and waited for someone to pick up. "Darn, answering machine," she said quietly while waiting for the beep. "Hey Jenna, it's me, Chelsea. Remember that promise I made before leaving? Well, I think we might have a problem."
Sign up to rate and review this story