Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 26 Epilogue

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 26

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-12 - Updated: 2008-11-12 - 1548 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 26 Epilogue

It's been a few months now, eight to be exact and also Joe and Aina's wedding day. Jenna sat quietly with a tiny baby girl in her arms as she breast fed her and a nervous Aina pacing in the dressing room. Everyone else was running around getting all last minute preparations done.

"Jenna, why didn't you tell me that the wedding day is the most stressful?" Aina asked as she freaked out.

There was a what-are-you-talking-about expression on Jenna's face. "You were there on my wedding day were you not? You were just as stressed as I was," she said. "Here, take Haleigh. She's done eating and she always calms you down."

"But my dress," Aina started to protest as Jenna placed Haleigh in her arms. Jenna just simply placed Haleigh's spit up rag across Aina's dress. "You do get me calm don't you? Yes you do. Yes you do."

Jenna laughed at Aina as she readjusted her dress. Haleigh was only a couple months old at that point.

"Paul Kevin Jonas II you are so getting fixed!" Jenna yelled as another contraction hit her.

"Jenna try not to push just yet," her doctor, Dr. Grayling, instructed her.

"I'll set up an appointment as soon as you've given birth," Kevin said going along with her rant. "Would you like me to get a vet to do it too?"

That caused Jenna to hit him. "You think you're so funny. And no you don't have to get a vet to do it, you don't even need to set up an appointment, I'll fix you myself!"

"Okay babe," Kevin said patiently as he kissed her on the forehead.

"Don't call me babe, and don't kiss me," she said pushing him away, but he didn't go very far.

"I'll do that as long as you don't curse around our little girl." Jenna glared at him.

On Jenna's four month doctors appointment they turned down finding out the sex of the baby. Jenna said she wanted to be surprised, but Kevin said he already knew it was going to be agirl and with Jenna's hormones going wild she often got mad it him for saying it. Kevin knew she was being irrational because of those hormones, so he often just went with it.

"Okay Jenna it's time to push," Dr. Grayling told her.

To say the least Kevin was right, but with the contractions over with and little Haleigh in her arms, Jenna didn't mind.

"Mom," a male voice said causing Jenna to come out of her flashback.

"Oh, Xavier." It took a few months before Kevin and Jenna could adopt Xavier, but they were able to legally adopt him a couple months before Haleigh was born. He had no problem calling Jenna and Kevin, mom and dad when the adoption process was over with. "What is it?"

"Dad said that I should take Haleigh and sit in our seats. Everything's almost done."

"Already? But I need Haleigh to keep me calm," Aina said panicked.

Jenna walked over and took Haleigh from Aina's arms. "You'll be fine." She handed her over to Xavier, gave them both kisses on the forehead, and continued to help prevent Aina from hyperventilating.

Soon Larissa came walking in with Nick and Michael, Aina's father. "Okay everything is set and ready to go."

"Joe wanted me to come and make sure you were okay," Nick said. "He also wanted me to give you a kiss from him, but I don't really feel comfortable doing that."

Joe had asked Nick to be his best man so that Kevin could accompany Jenna down the aisle instead of Larissa. Kevin didn't mind. Sometimes they'd joke and say that Kevin wasn't the best man because he tried to make a move on Aina the previous summer.

"Everything's... fine," Aina said. "Tell him I give him a kiss too."

Nick nodded and walked back down the hall toward the guy's room.

"Give us 5 minutes to get the guys out there before coming out," Larissa instructed before she and Jenna walked out of the room.

"You ready Aina?" Michael asked.

She took a deep breath and nodded. "Funny, I was so nervous a few minutes ago and now... still a little nervous, but not so much."

Michael smiled and led Aina out to the entrance of the hall. They got there and saw Larissa and Nick ready to lead the others out into the hall.

Jenna stood there next to Kevin as she heard the music playing. "Remember when you were waiting for me out there," she whispered to him.

Kevin looked down to her and smiled. "I had never been so scared and excited in my entire life," he said before leaning down and giving her a light kiss.

They all proceeded to walk down the aisle. Jenna didn't pay attention much after Aina reached the altar. Instead she took a look at everyone else in the room. Where there so many women crying at my wedding? She asked herself. She looked over at Kevin who was paying attention only to her. They both smiled and were caught in their own little world for a while.

"May I please have the rings?" The priest asked Nick. There was a slight pause causing everyone to look at him.

Since the day Joe asked Nick to be his best man Joe's been nagging him about not forgetting the rings. In return Nick would always respond with, "If you could remember them for Kevin's wedding, I can remember them for yours."

Joe had gone from smiley to furious in a matter of seconds. Joe's eyes were practically bugging out of his head as Nick patted down every pocket he had. Nick then had a smile spread across his face at Joe's freak out, revealing that it was just a joke. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out two gold wedding bands. There were a few snickers from others while Joe sent Nick an evil glare before the ceremony went on.

"You should have seen the look on your face Joe. It was hilarious," Nick said during the wedding reception.

"I can't believe you played with me like that. I was about to kill you," Joe said.

Aina let out a laugh; she couldn't hold it in anymore. "I'm sorry baby, but that really was funny."

"Did anyone get a picture of that?" Kevin asked. "I thought he was gonna have a stroke or something."

"I got a picture," Xavier said as he handed Haleigh over to Jenna. He turned on Jenna's digital camera and went through some of the pictures until it came to the one he wanted. He handed it to Kevin causing him to burst out in laughter. It was a picture of Nick with that mischievous grin on his face and Joe with his eyes wide in fury and nose flared out.

Aina looked over Kevin's shoulder to see the picture. "That's actually pretty sexy." She looked over at Joe and raised an eyebrow.

"Let me look at that," Joe said going for the camera.

"Hold on there. You both have a first dance to dance," Larissa said leading the bride and groom to the dance floor. She then walked to a mike stand next to the DJ playing music. "Okay would everyone clear the dance floor for the bride and grooms first dance, please," she said into the mike. "I'd like to bring out a great singer. She's gone so far in the last few months and has actually worked in the studio with Joe. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to Chelsea."

Chelsea had definitely cleaned up her act. She flew a couple friends of hers over from Australia and there was no sign of a Rubik's Cube or any other odd quirks in sight.

"Hello everyone, I'm Chelsea and I was really flattered when Joe and Aina asked me to sing a song for their first dance," she said. "I'd like to send my congratulations to the happy couple."

The slow dance started and slowly other couples joined in. Jenna watched the other couples dancing, Aina's parents, Joe's parents, Larissa and Chris, even Xavier and Nick brought dates and were now dancing with them.

Kevin walked up to Jenna and took Haleigh from her. "There's my girl," he said in a proud father tone and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He walked over to Frankie, placed her in a car seat, and asked Frankie to watch her for a few minutes. He then walked back over to Jenna and said, "You're always the one to bring me out to the dance floor, it's my turn to bring you."

Jenna looked over at Joe and Aina dancing, Chelsea singing, Xavier with his date, and Haleigh in her car seat. "I guess we're no longer the newlyweds," she said to Kevin. "Should we warn them of what's to come?"

Kevin threw a glance toward his brother and new sister-in-law. "Nah, I think they'll be okay. Every newlywed should learn on their own anyway. We did." He leaned down and gave Jenna passionate kiss. When he pulled away he rested his forehead against hers as they continued to sway to the sound of music.
Sign up to rate and review this story