Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 25 Chelsea's Concert

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 25

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-11 - Updated: 2008-11-12 - 1846 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: There's a song at the end of the chapter. If you want to listen to it while reading here's the url http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_EfF3x9Lek I don't own this song, Ashanti, nor the Jonas Brothers.

Chapter 25 Chelsea's Concert

The next morning Kevin called Joe to get the information of Chelsea's concert for the night. When he was done talking to Joe he headed into the kitchen to cook some breakfast before Jenna could get up.

After making a cheese and sausage omelet for the both of them, Kevin walked carefully to their room holding the omelets and two cups of coffee on a breakfast tray. He slowly walked in and set the breakfast tray on a bedside table. He sat on Jenna's side of the bed and caressed the side of her face before placing a chaste kiss on her lips.

"Hi," Jenna said when her eyes fluttered open and smiled at Kevin.

"I made us breakfast," he said throwing a glance at the breakfast tray.

"Aww... you're so sweet." Jenna sat up as Kevin placed the tray on the bed. They both had breakfast in bed where Kevin made a spontaneous plan to go on a picnic for lunch.

Jenna and Kevin discovered asmall park near their new home. There were about 5 or 6 kids playing in the jungle gym with a couple ladies chatting near by. They found a tree in asecluded corner and set up their picnic in the generous amount of shade the tree offered them.

"It's been a while since we did something like this," Jenna said.

"I know," Kevin sighed. "We've only been married for 10 months..."

"Eleven," Jenna corrected. "Almost twelve."

"Eleven? Really?" Jenna just nodded. "Wow, time flies. Well as I was saying, we've been married for 11 months and we're already acting like an old married couple."

"I wouldn't say old, middle aged maybe, but definitely not old." Kevin let out a light chuckle as he leaned on his side, his weight resting on his elbow. "Kevin, I have something to tell you that I think you should know."

"What is it?"

Jenna heaved a sigh. "When I called you the day of that one party, you know the one where I said that you should ask Chelsea to be your date?" Kevin nodded remembering that day. "Yeah, well, I called Chelsea before I called you. She called me the night before and said that there was a problem. When I called her she said some things and got me to get you to ask her to be your date," Jenna finished a little ashamed.

Kevin took a while to respond, but Jenna didn't want to say more to cover the silence. How was he going to respond anyway? Kevin knew that Chelsea would blame it on that cube of hers. Kevin sat up and asked, "Do you still believe her?"

"No, of course not. That's why I'm telling you, to get it out on the open and also to apologize for not trusting you," Jenna explained. "She obviously liked you and lied to me so that you'd take her to that party as her date."

"I kinda noticed that she had a thing for me," Kevin said with a little laugh remembering the scissor incident. "But I didn't tell you because I knew you'd freak. I guess I should have told you. I'm sorry about that."

"And nothing happened?"

Kevin let out a laugh as he shook his head. "Absolutely nothing happened. At first I was a little weary around her, but now... I don't know. I think I feel sorry for her." Jenna gave him a questioning look, but he was staring at a blade of grass. "Speaking of Chelsea," Kevin said getting out of his little trance, "are you still up for her concert tonight? We don't have to go."

"Well, I see no problem with it as long as she keeps her hands to herself," Jenna said with a smile. Kevin smiled back and they continued with their picnic.

After the picnic they walked over to where the two women were talking and sat on the bench next to them. They were just sitting there watching the kids play. All of a sudden Kevin got up and walked to the monkey bars and started to swing across them. The two ladies on the bench stopped talking as they looked at Kevin on the monkey bars then looked over at Jenna.

"I guess he's practicing," Jenna said lightly patting her stomach.

The two ladies looked back at Kevin holding his hand out ready to catch the little boy learning how to swing across the monkey bars. "It looks like he'll be a great father," one of the ladies said.

"Congratulations on the baby," the other lady said. The three of them chatted for a while before Jenna and Kevin left to get ready for the concert that night.

It was still early so Kevin and Jenna took their time to get ready.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Kevin asked.

"Yes Kevin, we're going."

"'Cause we could always stay home and do, you know," he wiggled his eyebrows, "stuff."

Jenna just rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom.

When they got to the club they walked in to see about 100 people there.

"Hey you guys," a voice called them from the side. They looked toward the voice and saw Joe, Aina, Larissa, and some other guy they didn't know. "We saved you guys a seat," Aina said patting the seat closest to her.

"Guys this is Chris, Chris this is Jenna and Kevin," Larissa introduced the blond haired, blue eyed guy sitting next to her. "He works with me at my dad's firm."

"Nice to meet you," Kevin and Jenna said simultaneously.

"Nice to meet you guys too," Chris said. "You're the one's that bought the house and are thinking of adoption right?"

Jenna gave Larissa a look. "Aren't those things supposed to be private Larissa?"

"He's been helping me," she said defensively. "I'm still relatively new you know."

"Don't worry she's been talking about us too," Joe said.

Chelsea started her set with no problem. Everyone in the club was enjoying themselves. Jenna even got Kevin on the dance floor a couple of times.

"Okay guys," Chelsea said into the mike. "I'm gonna take a little break, but don't worry because we have an awesome DJ here to mix for you guys. Give it up for Mixmaster B!"

Jenna and Kevin left the others on the dance floor to get some water. After a minute of talking Kevin saw Chelsea approach them. She had changed her clothes and now had a light jacket on. He noticed a small bulge in a form of a Rubix Cube in her pocket.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey," Kevin and Jenna both said back a little less than enthusiastically.

"Thanks for coming," she said a little awkwardly.

"Thanks for inviting us," Kevin said.

"Yeah, umm, can I speak to Jenna privately please?"

"Sure," Jenna said after alittle pause. This should be interesting, she thought to herself.

Kevin was a little worried as Jenna walked away with Chelsea to a semi-quiet area. What did that cube tell her now? He thought.

"Listen I wanted to apologize," Chelsea said getting straight to the point. "I did some things that were wrong and that I'm not proud of. One of those things was telling you that Kevin was being unfaithful." She looked up from her hands over to Jenna and saw that her face was blank. "I was told some things and followed the wrong advice and I'm really sorry for any stress it's caused you."

"Why should I believe you?" Jenna said. Her stare was as cold as ice.

Chelsea reached into her pocket for the Rubik's Cube, but stopped when her hands touched it. She took her hands out and said, "I guess you shouldn't. You shouldn't follow or believe what others tell you even though they're right sometimes. You need to be the one to decide for yourself whether you believe me or not." Chelsea sighed and continued to say, "That's what I've learned from this. Kevin helped to teach me that."

Chelsea just nodded and began to walk away toward the stage. Jenna continued to stare at Chelsea's retreating back thinking things over.

"Hey Chelsea," Jenna called causing Chelsea to turn around. "This speech was all you? Not from whoever's been telling you stuff?"

"Yeah, it was."

"Then, I guess I forgive you. I'm still upset... but I do forgive you."

Chelsea gave Jenna a smile and walked away.

Seeing that they were done talking Kevin walked up to Jenna. She seems calm, so maybe it wasn't so bad. "So what did she say?" He asked.

"She apologized for making mistakes," she said simply. She wasn't looking at Kevin, instead here eyes just kept following Chelsea as she got back on the stage. "She said that she followed some bad advice and that I should decide whether I believe her or not on my own."

Kevin nodded and smiled knowing that Chelsea was cleaning up her act. "Good," he said.

Jenna was still watching Chelsea standing on the side of the stage partially hidden. Kevin looked toward the stage to see Chelsea waiting for her band to set up a few extra things. She was playing with the Rubik's Cube again. If she actually believes what she says then why is she still playing with that thing? Kevin asked himself.

A few more turns and Chelsea smiled triumphantly at the cube. It was done; all sides were of the same color. She put the cube down on one of the amps, told the DJ something, and approached the mike in the middle of the stage as the music died down.

"In celebration of me finishing my Rubik's Cube," she pointed to the finished cube, "and never playing with it again," she added so Kevin knew she was done with it. "I'd like to sing you guys a song. Since they're still setting up some things I guess I have to do it a cappella. It's dedicated to all my friends and family that can't be here."

I just wanna say that I'm thankful for having you in my life,
I wanna say thank you,
Oh, I wanna say,
I wanna thank you for being in my life,
I wanna say thank you
And I miss you,
And I wish you were here with me saying thank you,

And I love you for being in my life.
I don't know
I don't know

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life,
In my life
I wanna say thank you
I love you and I miss you
I just wanna say thank you
I love you and I miss you


"You know," Jenna said to Kevin. "I think I feel sorry for her too."

"Yeah, but I think things are starting to turn around for her."
Sign up to rate and review this story