Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Seer and the Soulmate

Thoughts

by ice-meets-fire 0 reviews

Hermione has just found out a horrible secret about herself and somehow Draco is unwittingly pulled into this, will this situation cause this one-sided love to change? Please RR.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters:  Draco, Hermione - Published: 2005-05-14 - Updated: 2005-05-15 - 1540 words

0Unrated
A/N: this is my first DMHG fic and my second fic I ever wrote so here goes¡­Read and Enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don¡¯t own the characters in Harry Potter and I never will nor will I ever own any of the A1 songs that I may put in.

The Seer and the Soulmate

By ice-meets-fire

Where have you been all of my life?
Where have you come from?
Is this your first time too?
It's like I've known you in some other lifetime
We're apart of the great plan.
Like two stars that shine

I stood here watchin', while it only happened to friends
Now I don't have to pretend

I can't believe we're living the dream
We're digging that scene, we finally made it through the fire
Something 'bout you blows me away, like night over day
We kissing the loneliness goodbye yeah

True love, true love, and baby could this be
True love, true love happening to me?

I've been waiting all of my life,
Anticipating with every dream every night
Destiny's a moment we all share in time, love is the message
And I know I've got mine

I stood here watchin', while it only happened to friends
Now I don't have to pretend

I can't believe we're living the dream
We're digging that scene, we finally made it through the fire
Something 'bout you blows me away, like night over day
We kissing the loneliness goodbye yeah


True love, true love, and baby could this be
True love, true love happening to me?


True love, true love, and baby could this be
True love, true love happening to me?


I can't believe we're living the dream
We're digging that scene, we finally made it through the fire
Something 'bout you blows me away, like night over day
We kissing the loneliness goodbye yeah


True love, true love, and baby could this be
True love, true love happening to me?


A lonely girl was wandering around the great lake that resided near her school and gave a huge sigh as she sat on the grass and stared at the girls and boys walking hand in hand.

¡®How is it that everyone got together somewhere between the sixth and seventh year and I didn¡¯t even notice?¡¯ she asked herself, of course she already knew the answer.

Between the exams OWLs and otherwise, how could Hermione Granger ever find time to have a social life?

¡®Harry¡¯s got Ginny, God knows everyone expected that!¡¯ Somewhere in the sixth year after Cho decided she would never get over Cedric, Harry had turned to Ginny for comfort. At first it was more brother-sisterly comfort but once old crushes surfaced they decided to have a go at a relationship.

That was a year ago and they were still together, it was actually kind of sweet come to think about it.

Then she thought of Ron and how angry he looked when he found out about Harry dating his little sister. Ron had threatened to personally Avada Kedevra Harry if Harry so much as made his sister cry. Of course Ginny was very angry at Ron at being such an overprotective brother.

¡®Then there was Ron and Pansy.¡¯ Hermione gave a short laugh as she thought of the now inseparable pair.

If someone told her in her third year that one of her best friends was going to have a romantic relationship with Slytherin she would have punched him out of his mind and gave him a long lecture of how that being utterly impossible and the most disgusting thought ever.

But now after the aftershock of Ron confessing that he and Pansy had being seeing each other secretly for over six months, she found that the two were meant for each other.

¡®Even that stupid prick Ferret¡¯s got himself a girl, Blaise.¡¯

Hermione threw her hands up in the air and let herself fall onto the grass thinking over her ¡®problem¡¯. Its not like she¡¯s ugly or anything and not like she did not have previous ¡®relationships¡¯ if you could call them that.

Idiot guys that just wanted to go out with her just because she was pretty and it did not help that they had an IQ of about 5. It was so boring when you were the smartest girl of the year and had nothing to talk about other than schoolwork cause that was all she ever did. While others were out partying, Hermione had been reading another article on the right way to make a Disappearing potion.

Hermione just wished that she actually had met a guy that was as intellectually inclined as her. But Hermione being the top student was going to have a hard time finding the perfect guy¡­cause the only guy that was even remotely near her standards was already taken and she would not have taken him anyway even if he were the last guy on earth. The person in question was in fact Draco Malfoy.

¡®And it wasn¡¯t if he would openly take a mudblood as a girlfriend either.¡¯ Hermione snorted.

¡®Well its not like I have nothing to do, I could just immerse myself in schoolwork and not bother with having a relationship.¡¯ She thought to herself.

¡®But I¡¯d be the only girl without a boyfriend!¡¯ Hermione groaned.

Then a brilliant plan hit her and she grinned.

¡®Immerse myself in work and wait for the perfect boy to come along. I don¡¯t know why it didn¡¯t hit me in the first place!¡¯

As she got up from the spot and walked away grinning happily to herself, satisfied with herself, she failed to notice a blonde-haired boy staring at her.

Supporting himself on the tree, Draco Malfoy had witnessed Hermione¡¯s process in solving her problem. From the beginning when she was deep in thought, brow furrowed, to the point when she jumped up happily and made her way back to the castle.

¡®Damn she looks like an angel in the light of the sunset¡­¡¯ Draco thought then sighed.

Unknown to everyone but himself, Draco had a little crush on Hermione since the fourth year when she had prettied herself up for the Yule ball.

At first, he was shocked that he had even started liking her and to prove to himself that he most definitely did not like her, he made sure to insult and taunt her every living chance he got.

Only the satisfaction of taunting Hermione did not exist any more. Now every time he insulted her, he would always feel horrible afterwards, like he let her down.

Then he noticed that he had subconsciously been looking out for her. Always turning his head to see if she was around. And when she was, he could not help staring at her like she was a magnet and he was the metal. He felt this uneasiness around her like he was hoping that she would look at him.

Finally unable to reject this feeling anymore, he accepted the way he felt about her and immediately it felt as if an amazing weight was taken of him.

However much he liked her, he knew that he could not show any of his feelings for her as that would not only humiliate him but also put her in danger. So his cold demeanor stuck and even though it struck a deep cord in him, he needed to act as if he had still hated and resented her.

Maybe one day when it was safe, he would finally reveal his feeling to her but for now, she was still considered forbidden fruit.

As he turned to go back to the castle, his thoughts turned to Blaise.

He felt guilty, like he was making use of her. He knew that she had really liked him but he had no feeling towards her, at least not that way. But he had needed a girlfriend, as his father put it ¡®to up his status¡¯, and Parkinson was already taken so he had to pick Blaise.

He hoped that one day Blaise would find it in her heart to forgive him.

Closing his eyes for a moment he daydreamed that one day he and Hermione would be together and they would be able to enjoy the sunset with each other, openly hold hand and kiss each other like everyone else.

One day, he resolved, one day I¡¯ll have that, one day it¡¯ll be safe.

Damn why can¡¯t that one day be now?

As the sun set over the horizon, both the Head Boy and Head Girl fell onto their pillow and found their way to slumber land.

A/N: So how was that? Review please and tell me how much you enjoyed my story. I¡¯d really appreciate it. Thx. Okay I know that it is officially said that Blaise is a boy but bare with me, I couldn¡¯t find another Slytherin girl to take Pansy¡¯s place, I couldn¡¯t actually put Millicent Bulstrode there now could I? The mere thought of it is not only ridiculous, its disgusting!

You know what to do, give me a review! Or immerse yourself in my next chapter!
Sign up to rate and review this story