Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Life Just Ani't Fair

ten

by LLN 0 reviews

in pt.1

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Romance - Characters: Spike, Xander - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-03-13 - Updated: 2006-03-14 - 1010 words

0Unrated
Life Just Ain't Fair ch.10



Xander felt the arm around his neck, felt the hand at his throat squeeze slightly.

"Angelus!" greeted a cockney English accent. Glancing up he saw platinum blond hair,
yellow feral eyes, ridges on the nose and forehead...a vampire. Angel greeted the blond with a hug and a laugh still holding on to Xander. Finding himself between the vamps, Xander was worried.

"Spike," said Angel as Spike throws aside the poke he had been using to poke hole in the school ceiling. Angel smirked at him.

" I taught you to guard you perimeter. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. You should have someone out there." He told Spike. Spike sighed.

"I did, I'm surrounded by morons."

Xander listened as Angel an the blond vampire spoke, Angel asking if he met the Slayer about how tough she was, that he was using the Anne Rice I'm so tortured routine. Xander could keep his mouth shout anymore at that.

"I knew you were lying."
Angel squeezed Xander throat and shake him to shut him up.

"Undead liar guy!" he choked out. Angel holds him by his hair and shirt exposing Xander's neck

"What about a bit before we kill her?" Angel asked Spike. Xander felt himself being jerk up. Angel on one side of him, Spike on the other. Sharp teeth embedded themselves on both sides of his neck, Xander screamed; a few moments later a pair pull out of his neck.

"He is a nummytreat." Said that English accent. Xander woke himself up screaming.


****



As Xander wandered the ship later, he wondered about the dream, wonder why the first he dreamed that first meeting so different from what actually happened. He wondered why he had dreamed of a meeting that happened five hundred years ago. He stopped and sighed then sat next to his favorite veiwport on Serenity. Looking out it he remembered the past.

The final Apocalypse had come, the Scoobies were there, and they beat it then partied. The Powers-That-Be decided to reward them. Angel became human, he and Angelus became one personality, and Angelus was also give immorality. Buffy, Willow, and Xander were granted immorality as well. But given other things as well, Buffy lost her Slayer powers.
The PTB's knew she never liked being the Slayer and that all she ever wanted was to be normal, so that is what the Powers did. Buffy was able to have her fairytale ending with Angel that she always wanted. Willow they gave full excess to all her powers, she now had forever to learn all about them. They also gave the promise that she would find Tara again. For Xander they gave back his eye, emerald green it might be, along with that he got some of the hyena back as well as the memories of the soldier restored. They always granted Xander the knowledge of what it means to be The One Who Sees...he could see it now...

Giles strangely enough refused the offer of immortality. He told the others later that there were people he wanted to see again, and he couldn't do that if he lived forever. Buffy and Willow never understood Giles's choice but Xander had. So Giles trained Slayers until he died when he was hundred and five.


Wesley and Cordelia were given a second chance at life as immortals as well. But there disenchantment with the good fight and Angel was obvious. Faith to became immortal, she stayed a Slayer, and she loved being one. It was after the final Apocalypse that she made her true peace with the others. She and Buffy made their peace with each other, but would never like each other. Faith still admired Angel, still believed that he could help her redeem herself, even though she had been forgiven she didn't feel that she had earn it yet. Willow and Faith came to an understanding and became better friends; they no longer hated the sight of each other. With Xander she became a true friend to him, they even tried a relationship later, but fought they were better as just friends.

Dawn and Connor they all found were immortal by how they were created. She and Connor had had each other; they had a lot in common since neither was suppose to be able to exist. Their romance had enough adventure and angst to match Buffy and Angelus's. Spike was given true immortality, but still kept the strengths of a vampire.
He still had the bloodlust and needed to drink blood but could live off animal blood instead of humans. He still liked a pint of the good stuff every once in awhile. He was also now immune to holy objects; water and he could walk in the sun.

When Earth-That-Was, was lost it's destruction hit them all hard. Until they realized that it wasn't just the planet they were protecting but humanity itself. As long as there were people they had their purpose.

***


"Why are you staring out there? Nothing to see but black." Asked a voice. Xander blinked and tried to shake the thoughts of the past away. Jayne was sitting across from him cleaning a knife.

"Just lost in thoughts."

"The past?" asked Jayne. Xander nodded then asked, "Did you want something?"

"Captain's called a meeting."

"Let's go see the Captain then."

*****


The crew sat around the table in the galley as Mal paced in front of them.

"We've been on this bout with out a break for two months. Thanks to Xander we've had steady work, and we've worked hard. We deserve a some R&R.," he told them.

"But where are we gonna go? Alliance patrols all the good places." Said Kaylee.

"Well," Mal said seeming uncomfortable, " I got a wave from Inara. She's fine at that school on Isis, she went to teach at six months ago, but I think she's homesick for this old boat. She wants to see all of us."

No one said anything.

"So?" asked Mal. They all nodded in agreement.

"Isis, uh." Xander muttered.
Sign up to rate and review this story