Categories > Original > Drama > The Ups and Downs of High School

Drama

by chelie15 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-11-20 - Updated: 2008-11-21 - 1282 words

0Unrated
It was Saturday, it's suppose to be the party day of the weekend other than Friday, but all I could think about is how Brooke could do that to Jake. I mean he likes her and I thought she liked him too. I guess I was wrong. Also, how could she do this to me. She knows that I liked and still like Jimmy. Just because I'm going out with Blake now doesn't mean I don't still have a crush on him. It's not against the law to like someone when your going out with someone. Is it? No, and she is totally breaking the bestfriend rule. Uhhh.. I'm going to call her right now and tell her I have to have a meeting ASAP!

"Hello."
"Brooke, we need to talk." I said kinda mean
"Bout what?" She asked like she didn't know..please
"You know exactally what, Brooke."
"Umm.. no I don't."
"Just get over to my house. NOW!"
"Uhh.. fine then."

About 10 minutes later Brooke arrived at my house.

"What took so long?" I asked when she walked in my room
"My dad had to do something. Sorr-y."
"What ever. You might want to sit down for this." I said standing up from my bed
"O-k."
"Ya, ok Brooke since when did you start seeing Jimmy other than in school. I think you should have told me about that."
"Listen I can explain about that."
"I'm sure you can.. and what about Jake? I thought you liked him. He was going to ask you out after school Friday."
"Just calm yourself and I'll tell you. Aww.. he was."
"Yes, and I thought you'd know not to go out with Jimmy since.. you know I like him and wanted to go out with him."
"Your going out with Blake."
"That doesn't mean I have to stop liking him." I said really angry now
"Let me talk now."
"I'm listening." I said sitting down and crossing my legs
"Ok, I was in art and Jimmy and I got to talki-."
"What about how you guys just loooove each other." I said dramatizing
"ZOEY!!! Let me FINISH!" She yelled getting agitated now
"Fine." I said crossing my arms now
"We were talking about the movies and he asked me if I wanted to go in a non boyfriend way."
"Ya well, explain you holding his hand." I said raising an eyebrow
"He was joking he was like at least we arnt a couple and holding hands like this. Then he grabbed my hand. We are not dating and never will. Zo, I'd never do that to you. I know you like him. We are bestfriends and I'm not going to let some guy ruin it between us."
"OMG, Brooke." I said almost in tears." I'm so sorry I just assumed and you know what happens when people assume."
"Yes, I'm sorry too. I should have told you before I went. But I couldn't find you."
"It's fine, but do you still like Jake?"
"Yes, I do."
"Umm.."
"What umm.." She asked
"He's kinda..umm going to go out with another girl now that he thinks your going out with Jimmy."
"WHAT?!"
"Ya, a girl named Morgan."
"Oh, no she doesn't go stealin' my man." She said standing up and waving her finger
"Ya, well you better talk to Jake about this and explain to him."
"I better or else I'll be single forever." She said fake crying
"I guess I could let you date Jimmy."
"Oh my gee that is so grateful of you, but Jimmy isn't really my type."
"What is your type exactally?"
"Your brother." She said with a chuckle

Brooke left an hour later. She talked everything over with Jake. I think they are going out, but I'm not for sure if he asked her or not.

"Jake." I say standing in his doorway
"What?" He asked looking from his tv
"Are you and Brooke..you know?"
"A couple?"
"Ya."
"Nope."
"Why not. Well, I asked Morgan out and she said yes."
"What did Brooke say to that?" I asked anxious
"I didn't tell her I just told her I'm not looking to have a relationship right now."
"But I told her that you were and that you were going to ask her out then Morgan came into the picture and ruined everthing."
"Well, Zo. Brooke had her chance with the Jake-Man, buuut she blew it. Now the Jake-Man belongs to Morgan."
"Uhh.. that is so not cool. And you know what Jake-Man that is a very stupid name."
"Well, Zo, if you knew her youd probably think different she's a really nice girl and funny. Sorry, but I like it and so does Morgan."
"What.. did Morgan come up with it?" I asked
"Yup." He said all proud
"Well, then that explains why it's stupid." I say leaving the doorway

Monday came a little quicker than I intended. When we went to pick up Brooke Jake didn't really talk to her like he was getting ready to ask her out. He just blew that out of the water and pretended like it was never going to happen. Now that he's got Morgan. Just hearing or saying her name wants to make me mad. Uhh.. I officially hate Jake now. Brooke and I headed to our lockers and I met Blake on the way.

"Hey Blake." I said turning my lock on my locker
"Hey girlfriend." He said nudging my arm
"Aww.. you guys are too cuuute." Brooke added
"I know right." I added back
"So, did you get that homework done for biology?" I asked Blake
"Ya, but I didn't get it so I just put random things down."
"Haha me too. I was like scaaarroow this." I said shutting my locker

The bell rang and Blake and I were holding hands on our way to biology along with Brooke. I looked up from the ground and Jimmy walked by and seen me and he didn't look the same. The look on his face looked disapointed. I wonder why it looked like that. Maybe because he thought that Brooke and him would be more than friends. Ya, that's probably it. I mean what else can it be. Totally nothing concerning me.. I hope. After all those boring classes it was finally time for lunch. Now that Blake and I are going out we still don't sit with each other at lunch. I mean since he sits right behind my table there's like now reason to mess with the set up of things. We can still talk while talking with our friends. After lunch the day again passed pretty fast again like it usually does at the end of the day when I don't have plans, but when I have plans or something it tends to go slow. I headed to my locker after school, Blake had to go right after school so, I didn't have time to talk or say bye to him. I opened my locker and when I shut it Jimmy was leaning up agains my brothers.

"Umm.. hey." I said
"What's up?"
"Nothing much, but going home. You?"
"Ya, same here, but I have a question?"
"Shoot."
"Are you going out with Blake?"
"You know Blake?" I asked amazed
"Ya, I hung out with him with your brother and crap."
"Oh, ya we are going out."
"Oh, well that's cool I guess."
"Why did you wanna know?"
"No, reason, but I gotta jet. So, I guess I'll talk to you later." He said leaving in a hurry
"Hey wait you didn't answer my question."

He was out of the building before I could finish my sentence.
Sign up to rate and review this story