Categories > Original > Romance > The Master of Disguise(Jonas Brothers story)

Finally the First Date

by AliceAlexiz19 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-11-22 - Updated: 2008-11-22 - 5033 words - Complete

0Unrated
“So how did this happen?” I ask as Moondust and Adam walk in hand in hand. She blushes.
“I’ll leave you to tell her.” Adam says her cheek. “I’ll see you later.” he walks off.
“Spill the beans missy.”
“Ok after I left the house I was gonna go to the house to mope around an wallow in self pity but as appealing as that sounds I decided that Starbucks would be better. I got a coffee and left then I went to Claires and bought a few well earned things and you will never guess who I ran into?” I give her a look that says who.” Miley Cyrus. Ha. When I saw her I left. Then I went to Taco T. and that’s when I ran into Adam. He listened to my problem well my story then he kissed me then I slapped him because I was in a really painful place at the time then he apologized then I kissed him. Who wouldn’t he was just so sweet and I might have lead him on that’s why kissed me but I’m so glad he did.” she ended it with a sigh.
I am stunned. “WOW!” I hug her. “I’m so happy for you. Are you sure this isn’t just some rebound right?”
“Right because I’ve liked him since Step It Up 2.”
“Ok just checking.” I hug her again.
“Now you and Joe need to get together.”
“I wish but Joe don’t like me plus he has a girlfriend.”
“Ok. Whatever.”
**********
I go to find Star so we can do our scene together when I hear her and Moondust talking about me I stop and listen.
“Now you and Joe need to get together.”
“I wish but Joe don’t like me,” yes I do. “plus he has a girlfriend.” No I don’t. I’m about to go out there when I am struck by an idea. I must find Kevin. I’m so brilliant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“So, Kev do you think that you and Nick can help me?” I ask pleading.
“Yes, as long as it works.” he pats me on the back.
“I don’t see why it won’t work I’m brilliant.” I say.
“Well as long as your not on the hunch that she has a boyfriend and she don’t like you.” all I can do is smile because now I know that she likes me.
“When is this all going to go down?” Nick asks after we tell him what I over heard and my idea.
“It’ll be next Friday Kev checked on his phone schedule and we have that whole entire day off no movie or anything. We was thinking that we could go all out in the romance area. Like a tux and dress. Kevin says that I’m going to woo her but in the good way well I guess its how you look at how you woo a person but that’s not the point. Back to business. We just have to figure out where it’s going to be and how we will do this.” I say counting what we don’t know on my fingers.
“Well I think that this night needs to last.” I say.
“Ya, because you will be making up for lost time.” Nick says making a good point.
“Ya. So Kevin has that brain of yours have any ideas for what we should do on this date?” I ask.
“Well I got almost all of the things worked out that you wanted me to. I’m glad your not making me plan the whole thing.”
“Well it wouldn’t come from me and she wouldn’t see that I can also be romantic too.” I pull out my phone.” Ok give me the details so I can prepare things and see what all I need to finish. I can’t forget the clothes we will have to buy. We will need help with that.” this is gonna be harder than I thought.
“This is gonna take some serious attention so we can get this done.” Nick says scratching his curly head.
“Nick she is work it.” I say patting him on the back.
Few Minutes Later
“I like that.” Nick says.
“Ya especially the part after dinner man I sure hope it isn’t going to be cold or it will run that.” I say smiling that’s all I can seem to do since I heard the good news.
“Hold up a sec.” Nick says pulling out his sidekick and looks at the weather forecast. “ok it is going to be 80 degrees the that day and that night it will be wow that’s warm 75 degrees. Must be meant to be because that is the warmest night in weeks says the weather forecaster.”
“When is it suppose to be 75 degrees?” someone asks from behind us. We slowly turn around. Starshine’s grinning face is staring back at us. I’m to stunned to speak. How much of our conversation did she hear?
Thankfully Nick cease the silence and says, “The weather for Frankie’s party he is having next Friday.” she raises her brows questioningly like Frankie is just a cover up which she is right but we can’t let her know she is right.
“He is having all of his friends over. He hasn’t seen all of them in a really long time because of our Burnin’ Up Tour.” I say finishing the excuse.
“That is so cool that Frankie is having a lil party.”
We all sigh. She believed us.
“Tell Frankie that I said go wild but not to wild we don’t wont the cops called how would that look if the Jonas Brothers get the cops called on them.” she slaps her knee and starts to laugh. We join in even though it wasn’t all that funny.
“We will.” Kevin says awkwardly.
“Starshine, Joe, they need you on set.” a set producer Mandy says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Why do you need to know Starshine’s shoe size?” Shootingstar asks.
“Well we didn’t want to have to tell you but we need your help.” Kevin says. We tell her everything.
“Awe Joe that is so sweet of you. That is a really good idea. I’m totally gonna help you guys. Who is going to get her clothes and get her shoes?”
“I am,” I say. “I’m pretty confident in what she likes to wear.”
“Ok I’ll just play along because it sounds like you got everything under control.”
“Yeah as far as we know we got it all under control but if we need anymore help you’ll be the first we call.” Nick says.
“Ok just make sure this is what you want Joe because she has liked you for quiet some time and if you change your mind after this well I just don’t know if she will ever recover. I don’t want to see my best friend hurt.”
“I promise you this is what I want and she wont get hurt well at least not by me and if I have anything to do with her know one will hurt her.”
“Ok but now is your chance to back down. She want know what you are up to and she wont get hurt.” she says.
“I’m positive that this is what I want. When we was in the movie room joking around and stuff I said to myself that I wouldn’t let her not be in my life we have way to much fun together. Then when Moondust fainted and about died it really got me thinking again that I cant live without her and time is not guaranteed and I want her and when she said she liked me that gave me this boost that I needed.” I say sighing at the end. Man me and Star have been through a lot. I look up at Shootingstar. Her eyes are glazed with wet moister. She is about to cry.
“That’s touching.” she wipes her eyes and clears her throat.” Joe you must go for it.”
“Don’t worry I am.” she comes over to me and gives me a big o hug.
“So how are we going to tell her now because wouldn’t it be weird if I make her do her hair and put on a dress and stuff if we are just going to go to hang out?”
“Tell her we are going to the movies and in the limo she will change that is if she doesn’t mind.” she nods her head. “You think you can go along with that and improvise if need be?”
“You bet I can. I’m brilliant at acting.” then she suddenly she does a fake faint into Nick arms. We laugh.
***** The Night Before
“So we are going to the movies tomorrow night all 8 of us.”
“Ummmm ok we well we got lucky because I don’t have to work tomorrow.” I say. “What movie are we going to see?” I hope it is a scary movie that way me and Joe can get close but what if he brings Brenda. “Is Brenda coming?” I cross my fingers.
“No, they broke up.” YES! “Now to answer your first question we are going to go and see The Haunting of Molly Hartley.”
“Ok cool.”
“What am I going to wear.” Moondust asks getting all excited.
“You should wear that pink zebra printed dress with the big belt and the yellow flats.” I say doing a happy dance that I figure out an outfit before her that never happens.
“I like it. Couldn’t have picked a better outfit. Now what about Shootingstar.”
“A&F mini skirt faded with frayed ends and a blue with yellow words that say Hurly. What about that?”
“I love it.” Shootingstar says clapping her hands together.
I raise my hands. Booyea score I found another outfit I am on a roll. I’m so good that I’m starting to scare myself.
“What about you missy?” Shootingstar elbows me.
“I’m not sure yet.” I look over at Moondust to get her opinion what I should wear she was looking at the clock on my night stand. She nudges Shootingstar.
“Welp look at the time we must leave you to your beauty rest my dear.” Shootingstar says. They sure are acting awfully weird lately. But when are they not weird.
I walk them out of my room. “I’ll see you guys in the morning and it’s not my turn to fix the breakfast either.” They giggle. I just laugh then shut my door and go and lay down.
Friday Afternoon
“Hey Moondust you look amazing.” she says emerging from her room and coming into mine. She is wearing the outfit that I suggested. Shootingstar comes into my room 10mins later. I look at her outfit she also took my advice.
“Please don’t tell me that is what you are wearing.”
Shootingstar says disappointed. I look down at my sweats and laugh.
“No, I just can’t find anything to wear, still need to do my hair.”
We decided on a pink and purple shirt A&F shirt and a pair of faded Hollister jeans. They curl my hair. I think that the curls are a little much since we are just going to the movies.
“Don’t you guys think that my hair and make-up is a lil much for just going to the movies?”
“No.” they answer quickly.
“Ok what shoes am I suppose to wear?” there is not since in arguing with them over my hair and make-up. We walk to my closet to find a pair of shoes. We just stand there til a pair of shoes jumps out at us.
“How about those purple pumps by your gray and pink converses?” she says pointing to the pumps.
“I’ve never seen those before.” I say scratching my head.
“Well you have worn them before I think it was last month at Jake’s party.”
“Hmm well I don’t remember.”
“You wore them before.” Shootingstar says.
“Whatever you say. How about you grab them for me I’m to lazy.” I say plopping down onto my bed.
“Yes you are lazy.” Moondust says grabbing the shoes and comes over to me. I wiggle me feet.
“You are ridiculous.” she reluctantly put the shoes on my feet. I laugh I didn’t think she would really do it.
“Moondust you got a txt.” Shootingstar says throwing her, her voyager. She reads the txt.
“I’m sorry you guys but I told Adam yesterday morning before we had plans to go to the movies that I would go and meet his brother Johnny. This is something that I cant back out of sorry.”
“Man now there is only going to be six of us.” I say sighing.
“Well we can still make a party of out of six people.” Shootingstar says smiling. My phone goes off. I have a txt message. It’s from Rachelle.
-sorry cant make movie tonight. I’m sick with the flu. Kevin has generously offered to take care of me-
-hope you get to feeling better-
“Make that a party for four.” I say throwing my phone.
“Why what happened?” Moondust asks.
“Rachelle is sick and Kevin being the nice guy that he is, he is taking care of her.”
“What a bummer.”
“Ya well they should be here any minute.” I say looking at the clock on my night stand. The door bell goes off.
“Speak of the devils.” Moondust says looking out the window.
We all race to the door. We open it and there stands curly haired Nick.
“Joe is still in the limo waiting.” Nick says.
“Ok let me just grab my Hurley jacket.” say going to the hall closet to grab it.
“Ok.” Nick says.
We head out to the limo. I’m the first to get in as soon as my butt hit’s the seat the shut the door. Why aren’t they getting in.
“Joe why aren’t they getting in?” I look over at Joe and he has a sexy smirk on his face.
“We are going on a date…just the two of the us.” is he serious.
Liking reading my mind he answers, “I’m serious with all the stuff that has been happening it made me think. And I think that we have a real chance. So what better way than to start with a first date. Just get the credit over with it wasn’t all my idea Kevin had a big part in helping me set the scenery. The plan was a mine though. Nick helped but mainly Kevin.”
“Am I in for a surprise?” I ask.
“Ya I think you are. I will not tell you anything else about tonight so don’t even ask.” he says sliding next to me. I realize that he is in a tux.
“Why are you in a tux?”
“You’ll see.”
“I’m underdressed.”
“Not for long.”
“O really?”
“Yes, no more questions.” Joe says smiling.
We pull up to a well lit restaurant. “I know this isn’t the perfect changing room but this is all we go with out giving anything away. There is your dress and you already have your shoes on. I’ll leave you so you can get dressed.” he hand me the bag with the dress in it. Then he gets out. I pull the dress out of the bag. It is a strapless dress. The color is a purple that fades into a deep blue with flecks of pink sparkles. I about die it is so beautiful. I pull it out and put it on. IT FITS! How did he know my size?
There is a knock on the window of the limo.
“You done in there?” Joe asks anxiously.
“Sure am.” I open the door. Joe reaches out and helps me out. I let go of his hand. “Well what do you think?” I ask slowly doing a twirl.
“Breath taking.” he says taking my hand.
“Your not so bad yourself.” I say giving his hand a firm but yet gentle squeeze.
We go in. We are seated right away. I’m careful what I order I don’t want to get anything on this dress weather it’s mine or not we eat and I provide some conversation.
“So how long have you been planning this thing this evening?”
“Since last Thursday at movie rehearsal.”
“Who all was in on this little scheme?”
“Hmmm Nick, Kevin, Rachelle, Moondust and Shootingstar.” I laugh.
“What is so funny?”
“That you guys did this behind my back and I was oblivious to the whole thing and you even managed to pull it off. I must be losing my touch either that or they must be getting better at lying. When we was looking for shoes tonight they pointed to a pair of shoes I’ve never seen before in my life. I then I knew something was up because I can name every shoe in my closet but I just kinda brushed it off.”
“You really can name all of your shoes?”
“Yelp sure can buddy.”
“Pop quiz. How many do you have and how many pairs of converses do you have?”
“Twenty five pairs of shoes twenty six including these.” I count them in my head by color. “Sixteen pair of converses. O yea your jealous.”
“Impressed. I hate to say it but I have more shoes than you.” he shrugs his shoulder and makes a tsking noise like it’s not good that he has more shoes than a girl.
He changes the subject.
“So how are you like making this movie so far?” he asks forking his steak.
“I love it. It’s a dream come true and so is the lead guy. I think you would even think so.” I say blushing for blurting that out. He blushes too.
He recovers quickly though. “I’m glad that you are taking a liking to it.” Joe says raising his hand indicating the waiter to bring the check. He pays and we head back to the limo.
“This has been one of the most amazing evenings I have ever had. I wish this evening didn’t have to end so quickly and so soon.” I say laying my head on his shoulder.
“Well it doesn’t have to end well not til later because well you know but we are most definitely not done with this evening I haven’t had my way with you we still have other things to do.” I whip my head up.
“And we are at one of the places now.” I look out of the window and we are at the beach. I gasp. There is a little bonfire going but no one is there. I think that it is for us.
“Is that bonfire for us?” I ask getting out of the limo.
“Yes, but it is for later. We are going to do a few things then come back when it gets dark because as you can tell it’s not dark yet.” I look out at the sun.
“Ya your right.” he takes my hand. I grab the bottom of my dress and up walk up onto the beach. We come open a beach storage house.
“There is a swim suit for you in there just hang up your dress put on the suit and meet me back on these steps when you are done.”
“I think that I can handle that.” I let go of his hand and walk up the steps. The place is piled up with beach chairs and volley ball nets and other beachy things. Hanging on one of the volley ball poles is my swim suit. It’s a two piece. The main color is black with gray stars across the butt it says Starshine.
“Awwwwww that is so sweet.” I put it on. Once again it fits thank goodness because if it didn’t that would just be down right embarrassing if it didn’t. I hang up the dress one the hanger that the swim suit was on I hand the hanger on the volley ball pole and slip on a pair of gray flip flops that were on the floor by the swim suit. Sitting at the bottom of the steps is Joe in a pair of black swim trunks. He looks hot.
You ready?” Joe asks grabbing for my hand.
“Sure am.” I say letting him take my hand.
We walk over to a set complete with lights and photographer.
“We’re getting our pictures taken?” I ask looking up at him.
“We sure are. We are posing for swim suits for Seventeen, Cosmo Girl, and possibly vogue.” OMG our first date is absolutely amazing. This is something defiantly to remember. You’ll never guess who the photographer is. Yelp that’s right `Jarad. The one and only.
“Hello `Jarad.” Joe and I say.
“Why hello love birds. I knew you guys would end up together.” we blush. “Are you guys ready to be in the magazines together? I think this is the first time I’ve done this kind of event. But when Nick asked me if I’d help Joe out how could I pass this opportunity up. Ok lets get started. They want a few pictures of you guys together then some separate.”
We walk over to the center of the set. We are told to face each other and hold one another. Then we pretend to be punk rockers. We have around of just goofy pictures then we do individual pictures. Joe volunteers to go first. He is all serious, arms folded on his chest. Hands down by his side. Then the last two pictures he brings out those pearly whites. That makes me smile. `Jarad turns to me and snaps a picture of me. I’m stunned I wasn’t expecting it. My turn is up. When I’m done with my last picture `Jarad says, “Ok kids go wild we are done here.” I got an idea. Swimming anyone. I look over at Joe. He raises his eyebrows like he knows what I’m thinking and telling me that we should go for it. I take off running into the water. Joe shortly follows. I tackle him into the water. We make a big splash. We laugh. We mess around in the water for a while but then it starts to get dark.
“You ready to move onto the next event?” Joe asks splashing me.
“Yelp.” he runs onto the beach.
“Ok there is clothes in the storage place the same place where the swim suit was hanging.” I go up the steps. Hanging on the pole s another outfit. The dress is gone. Instead in it’s place there is a gray jacket with a yellow All Time Low shirt (I will defiantly thank him for that later), black cargo shorts with yellow converses. I put it on. I hope I get to keep this outfit. I walk out and Joe is sitting on the sand by the fire that is in full fledge now. It’s at least a mile high. It’s just the two of us on this vast beach.
“So what are you thinking about?” Joe asks me breaking my steady glare at the ocean. I look over at him before I answer.
“I’m thinking about how amazing tonight has been. Dinner was amazing. And the dress whew don’t even get me started about how amazing it looked. You just made everything complete with your tux. The ocean thing with the photo shoot was a sweet deal. I cant wait to get the pictures back. And now sitting here with you just feels right.” I turn back to face him so I can see his expression. It is blank like he is not showing his emotions.
“That sure is a lot to be thinking about. I’m surprised their isn’t stem coming from your ears.” he lightly touches my left ear. Shivers are racing down my spine. I look down and I see tiny little bums on my arms. I have the goose bumps.
“Are you cold?” he must have seen the goose bumps and the shiver.
“No, I just got a cold chill.”
“Ok.” he says but he still scoots a little closer to me.
“I have a question.” I state.
“Ok shoot.”
“How long have you liked me?”
“Hmmm,” he takes my hand he starts to play with my fingers like he is thinking it through. Like he doesn’t want to give to much away. I’m about to tell him just forget the question when he starts.
“I like you the first time I ever saw you, but I just thought it was a harmless crush and I would soon get over it like I have with every other crush in my life and that I would never see you again making it even easier to get over you. Man was I wrong. When Shootingstar and Nick got together I thought that if I ignored my feelings it would be easier for the both of us and how hard could it be to put those feelings. Let me tell you it was so hard especially when you came over that first night to watch that movie with all of us. Nick had it in his head that you liked me and he insisted and I thought you didn’t. I kept telling myself that all night but when you fell asleep in my arms it felt so right that I was willing to drop everything just to be with you and I was gonna do something that morning but you was gone and I thought that you regretted it so I didn’t act on that night I just ignored it. Then there was another moment that I thought we had something but I had a girlfriend and you had Ryan and I didn’t think that-” I stop him right there.
“I never got together with Ryan. Nor have I gone out with him.”
“I’ve seen you guys kiss and you guys went out with Moondust, Shootingstar, and Nick.”
“First off we all went out because Moondust and Casey didn’t feel comfortable going with each other alone yet so we all offered to go with them. And the beach thing he just came back from a skateboarding tournament and we were friends sure I wanted something to happen but that’s only because you had a girlfriend and anytime I showed the slightest bit of interest in you, you just seem to brush it off and go off with your girlfriend. Anyway we kissed but his girlfriend yeah that’s right his girlfriend came and she bad mouthed me and he didn’t even stand up for me. So even if he dumped her and came to me I wouldn’t go he didn’t stand up for me. But I don’t have to worry about that now.”
“You know Brenda and me broke up the night we kissed you know at the studio our first kiss.”
“Wait so you mean we have been thinking that each other was dating another person when we weren’t?”
“Sounds like it.”
“That sucks we could have been together this whole time.”
“All I can say is that is better later than never.”
“That is so true.” We laugh.
Joe suddenly stands up. I look up at him. The embers from the fire are glowing in his brown golden chocolate eyes. The glow of the fire dancing across his beautiful face.
“Will you dance with me?”
“I do love to do nothing more than to dance with you.”
He reaches down to pull me up. I slide my hand into his. He slowly pulls me up to my feet. I kick off my flip flops and he does the same. It feels like everything is running in slow motion. I put my hand on his right shoulder and his left hand crawls around to the lower part of my waist. We start to slowly move around in circles. I gaze into his eyes. He stares right back. My heart starts to speed up. I can feel through his red fox racer shirt that his heart is doing the same thing as mine. He must feel the same. I finally pull my eyes away and lay my head on his shoulder. He starts to hum a unfamiliar tune. I look up at him. He takes my left arm and pulls it up and places it on his right shoulder and he takes his right hand and slips it around my waist. I close my eyes and soak it all in.
His sweet voice brings me to open my eyes.
“You look beautiful tonight in all of those outfits but you are just beautiful to begin with. I’m surprised I have gotten you so easily.” we both laugh cause we know that this hasn’t been all that easy getting here.
“Well they do say that those who are patient will be rewarded. I think we have been pretty gosh dang patient.” he smiles. Then it goes silent but it is a perfect silence.
We finish our dance then sit back down in the sand by the fire. He lays his head in my lap.
“So I know what you think of the evening but how romantic do you think?”
“This was so romantic I’m astounded.”
“Kevin helped I’m sure if he done it all himself it would have been even more romantic.”
“Kevin maybe the romantic one but your romance is just enough for me.”
I bend down and give him a kiss. The first kiss we exchange as a couple finally.
Sign up to rate and review this story