Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My number one goal in life

chapter 2

by sock_monkey 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-12-05 - Updated: 2008-12-06 - 708 words

0Unrated
NOTE: FALL OUT BOY WILL BE IN LATER CHAPTERS

I woke up in the same hospital bed but now my hip hurt twice as bad.

My mom was in the corner of the room asleep on one of those hospital chairs. I feel really bad for her because once I'm gone she'll have no one.

My grandparents died in a plain crash a few weeks before I was born and my dad left my mom shortly after I was born. She hasn't had contact with him since he left so it's just been me and my mom for as long as I can remember.

I was a little startled when the door opened.

My doctor came in with a grave look on his face.

'What now?' Was all I could think.

He sighed and came over to my bed. By this time my mom was awake and had noticed the look on his face.

"What?" she asked.

"Well we did the tests and it turns out you have a very rare type of bone marrow. Not many people have it and since you don't have any siblings it's going to be extremely difficult to find someone with the same type," He said.

"Well what about my parents? Could one of them be a match?" I asked

"It's a long shot. You see both of your parents donated chromosomes to make you," he said then he turned to my mother.

"Would you like to undergo the procedure to see if you match?" he asked.

My mothers faced paled a little.

"No there is no need to," she whispered.

I was shocked and confused. She turned to me and prepared to speak.

"Honey just remember that I love you no matter what, Okay?....Well when I was with your father he had apparently been cheating on me with another woman. We were engaged when he got her pregnant. Some how he hid it from me until the lady died during child birth. He finally confessed to what he had been doing and convinced me to adopt you as my own. I admit that at first I wasn't too fond of you but I grew to love you more and more each day. Then one day before the wedding your father left and never came back. He left a note saying that he just couldn't handle us anymore and to not try and contact him," she started to cry.

"For a while I didn't contact him. But after a year his parents called me to tell me he died in a fire. I went to the funeral and paid my final respects. I'm so sorry I can't help you!" she cried.

I can't believe it. I'm adopted? My dad's dead? Wow.

"So what now? If my mom won't match and my dad's dead." I asked the doctor.

"Well we can run your bone marrow type in the stored database." he said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's where we store the information when people donate their bone marrow types. It holds all the peoples type of bone marrow so we could possibly find a match." he tried to explained.

"Okay, but can I go home?" I asked I had been in the hospital for awhile now.

"Yes as long as you take it easy and don't do much." he said.

"Can she leave now?" my mom asked.

"She can leave as soon as you sign her out at the front desk," the doctor said then walked out of the room.

He left behind an awkward silence. I just don't know what to say to my mom now.

"I love you even if you aren't my actual mom," I said getting up cautiously to hug her.

She hugged me back with a force I had never known.

"I love you too. Always remember that," she whispered.

I pulled away from the hug and got dressed as best I could. It was difficult with my broken femur but I managed.

"Are you ready?" she asked holding the door open for me.

I gave her another hug then we left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well here's another chapter i hope you like it. Thank you to all of those who reviewed the last chapter i really apreciated it.
Sign up to rate and review this story