- A brilliant twist. I'm a bit curious what she would have done if Harry had actually wanted her to change, but i guess she knew him well enough to know he wouldn't. I bow to a Master Smuttist. You managed to make it personal in a way i can't. It might very well be the best shag i've ever read including my own. As i'm an arrogant bastard, that's a compliment.
Author's responseThank you, Vanir. I'm surprised nobody got that part. In the first part of the story, It was Tonks. When she dashed off to the loo to 'take a potion', it was to switch places with Hermione. Never let it be said that Ol' Tonksie would stand in the way of true lust.
'Master smuttist'. I like that. I find it easy to write both smut and angst. I only wish I could do humor. Sigh!
Where are your fics? I'll have a look.
I thank you for your words and your genuflection.
(#) bluedevil26 2008-12-05wow you got add more to this story.sneaky hermione gotta love that girl. thank you
Author's responseIf I can think of a way to do so, without losing the freshness of the plot, I will. Hermione is my favorite mate for Harry, followed closely by Luna and Tonks.
Glad you enjoyed it. Alorkin
- chuckle That's a very nice twist at the end. It looks like someone wised up and decided to take matters into her own hands (or did Tonks tell her about Harry's feelings and help her set this up?). In any case, I rather suspect that Ron's going to be right well disappointed at how quickly Hermione got over him and got together, most happily and joyously, with Harry; Ginny's likely not to be very happy about it either.
Author's responseHeya, Cat! I thought you might like it. snicker Tonks helped her to set it up. In fact, until she dashed off to the loo 'to take a potion', it was Tonks.
Ron blew it and lost. Bad sex, immaturity and 'traditional roles' would certainly hack off an independent woman like Hermione. At this point, Ginny-Sue is with Dean...or Michael...or somebody.
Thanks for the kind words.
(#) happyreader 2008-12-06A right proper short story. very nice. I so love it when the ending makes you re-examine the story.
Author's responseThank you, Happy! That's what i was aiming at. I wanted the audience to say: "What a sweet...hey! Where did that come from?"
- That was a great twist at the end. A great story. I also liked the disclaimer about JKR.
Author's responseThanks, Dragon. The twist is what made the story, IMHO.
JKR is a wonderful author of children's adventure stories, but I think she found the absolute worst, 13 year old FF writer and ghosted the last two books.
- A nice twist at the end. It shows that even a PWP can be used to tell a story if the author is good enough.
Now... let's do a bit of thinking. Hermione has screwed up a Polyjuice once before - with Millicent Bulstrode's cat. Now, she has taken a far more successful dose but with the magically-encoded material of a metamorphomagus/. I find myself wondering if such an act might lend itself to... /unanticipated consequences ;-)
BenRG's Rating: 7.5/10
Author's responseThank yeeew! Porn is like violence. Without a plot...why bother?
You people are terrible! Always making me think of wonderful new ways to torment out heroes! Unexpected consequences, Hmmm? Seems to me, both Harry and Hermione would enjoy 'exploring' such consequences! Snicker!
(#) cloneserpents 2008-12-06That was fun. I like where you ended it – right at the peak of the “twist.”
Also, BenRG's comment has given me an idea... the complications of Polyjuice and metamorphomas... Oh the possibilities...
Shawn (a.k.a. cloneserpents)
Author's responseHeya Clone! Thank yeew! The master of the guillotine ending. That's me.
Complications. Sigh You guys are gonna make me write a new story aren't you.
(#) cloneserpents 2008-12-06An idea that popped up concerning BenRG’s “unanticipated consequences:” subtle, but unconscious metamorphmagus abilities
“Harry, do my breast seem a bit larger and firmer?”
“Let me check.”
“Well, are they?”
“Don’t know, I’m still checking.”
Author's responseHey again, Clone!
/Num num num/. Seem perfect to me! I wonder...would her prior experience with polyjuice and Millicent's cat-hairs have lasting consequences? I recall reading something recently where Hermione was having a heated discussion with Mme. Pomfrey, about just that. Hermione's last comment was: "I am not a furry!"
"Harry? Are you finished checking?"
- I did wonder if it was Hermione w/ polyjuice (truly a wonderful invention, much funner than Quidditch), but somehow my eyes skipped the "take a potion" part and rushed to the smut. :)
Yay for Alorkin writing often again; great work as always.
Author's responsePolyjuice is such a wonderful invention. I've used it twice or three times now, and I keep finding ways to (ab)use it.
Ah, we all have out hobbies. It appears you and I share one.
Your kudos and genuflections are graciously accepted.
- That twist was masterful, just because you kept Tonks so in character that the end sure threw me for a loop, a good one BTW!
Please continue this one. Its just bursting for a sequel and/or continuance!
Author's responseThank yeew! I've has a few reviewers who've said the same thing. Only one guessed both Hermione and Polyjuice. Nothing like left field, huh?
I'm not really certain how I could do justice to this one, but I will look into it.
Sign up to review this story.