A collection of short stories and plot bunnies that may become longer stories
(#) Wonderbee31 2008-12-06 06:35:57 PMThat was a fun read here, and loved how things turned out there with Hermione who was able to get her man, the one that she sure seemed to be leaning towards until the sixth book for some idiotic reason that JKR has never really explained imo. Glad to see a truly Harmonian pairing, and loved the ideas of the polyjuice coming back to spook them later on.
Author's responseHeya Wonderbee! Thanks. I had a lot of fun writing it. I've always suspected Hermione was a sneaky little wench, and more than willing to break a few rules. She just hid it well.
Alas, Rowling intended the carrot and Harry to get together all along. Unfortunately it would have been more believable if she'd taken the time to develop Ginny properly, instead of springing Ginny-Sue on us.
Instead, she gave us: !SUPER-GINNY! Defender of innocents everywhere! Smarter than Hermione! Prettier than Cho! Loyal-er than Ron! Better at Quidditch, than Harry! It's SUPER-GINNY! (Action figures sold separately!) While I do write other partners for Harry, , I rarely involve Ginny, unless I can support it, plot-wise.
Polyjuice is such a fun plot device! It's hard to avoid (ab)using it! I've got two or maybe three Polyjuice involved stories posted and a few more int he works.
Glad you enjoyued it. A bit more polishing and I'll have a Harry/Tonks story posted. Mebbee next week.
- I'm torn on this. On one hand I wish there would be a sequel, on the other hand, I like the way it ends. Sometimes stories/scenes like this should be just left alone and the readers should use their imaginations to come up with a future.
In that light, you could use this chapter as a challenge - have other writers come up with a future based upon this event.
In any case, I did enjoy this tidbit. I didn't catch the potions switch although it does make sense.
One thing though - would Hermione really be this devious and underhanded?
If I pre-read this chapter, I probably would have suggested a minor slip by Hermione, perhaps a "non-Tonkism" or something like that. I wouldn't/shouldn't be a major thing, but just a minor clue that things aren't what they seem (and Harry, who was so into the moment, wouldn't catch it either.)
If you do feel compelled to put out a more on this, I suggest both a prequel and a sequel. The prequel would be just Tonks and Hermione, where the younger girl tells about her break-up with Ron. The sequel would focus on the impact of what just happened. I can see Harry being both happy and upset - happy knowing that Hermione feels the way she does towards him, yet upset that she resorted to subterfuge.
Anyway, this was good and rather than saying "I want more of this", I'll say, "You got any more half baked ideas?"
Author's responseI had planned on leaving this a one-shot, but a few people have asked for a second page. If so, it will be a very short one. I do better with one shots than with chaptered fics. Kinda like being a still photographer rather than a videographer. You have to get the entire story into one frame.
Yes, I do believe she is. In canon, who was it who suggested the use of Polyjuice, despite that they'd be breaking about fifty school rules, who stayed up with Harry until all hours to help him learn the things that would help him survive the TWT, and who kidnapped and blackmailed Rita Skeeter into behaving, and later writing a story she wanted written? Yeah. Hermione definitely has a sneaky, underhanded side to her.
I have a few ideas for your suggested pre/sequel, though I'll combine them into a short one-page. It will probably include all of your suggestions in one form or another.
I have plenty of biscuits bakin'
Thank you for your insightful words, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.
- FANTASTIC!!!!!! I love the odd names you come up with for 'little Harry' like right proper throbber, and great bloody stonker. And the twist at the end....... in the words of RON, Bloody Brilliant!!!! I laughed my arse off and read it three more times. And I could soo see Hermione pulling something like that.... keep it up!! oh yea, this one deserves an epilouge at least.....Tara
Author's responseHey again, Tara.
Thank yeew! It was a lot of fun to write. I'm glad it tickled your funnybone.
I read 'right proper throbber' somewhere...I don't remember where, and 'great bloody stonker' was coined by Kinsfire. Surprisingly enough, it was spoken by Tonks.
One reviewer asked me if Hermione was really that devious. Well, the girl did brew an illegal potion in her second year, help a condemned criminal escape execution in her third, kidnap and blackmail a reporter in her fourth and fifth...Um...yeah. I think so.
If I do an epilogue, it will be a short one-page that goes into Hermione's decision and a little of the aftermath...but just a little.
I think the next piece I publish will either be a revenge piece or a Harry/Tonks pairing.
Until the next time.
- Well, the ending was unexpected. Such a rush! I love a good Tonks or Hermione story and this combines both in one. MORE!
Author's responseHeya, Mionefan! I'm so sorry. I missed your review in the crush. I'm so glad you enjoyed this, It was fun to write.
- My, this is lovely! And especially the twist at the end.
I'm amused that Ron is a git about oral sex, which seems very much in character.
Author's responseThanks. Glad you enjoyed it. H/Hr, here! Grins!
It's surprising how many guys shy away from pleasuring their ladyfriends. Tch tch tch!
- THAT WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT!!! Even though I would give Hermione more credit about choosing boyfriends. And I missed the potion part, But I did catch it when she couldn't change that part of her body. And I do have to say that JKR dropped the ball in the relationship department, Beacause in the fifth book Hermione was Harrys girlfriend. and in the sixth book the potions were brought up then quickly abandoned, even though Harry was completely different and suddenly loved Ginny. But now that the rant is over I just have to say that I love your stories and I can't wait for more, Maybe Tonks should come back and finish what she started and they can share a lemon pop.
Author's responseThank yeew!
Everyone makes mistakes. God knows I did!
As I've said before, JKR did us all a disservice with books six and seven. Even the majority of the Harry/Ginny shippers agree.
I have several in the polisher. One if them is a Harry/Hermione/Tonks, comedy. I'm just having a bit of trouble making sure it's finished. I might even include a lemon pop, Heh heh heh heh heh!
- Hello I just wanted, to ask you a big favour. I Have a H/Hr story in my head and i'm becoming obsessed with it but since I have very limited time on the computer. I'm asking if you would consider writing it. The basic outline is that it's fifth year during christmas and instead of going back to Harry and Rons room Harry takes Hermione to another bedroom where she helps him figure things out and when Hermione gets up to leave she notices Harry looking at her bum, so she asks if he likes what he sees, He says I always have, She ask just how long he has been checking her out, since second year, saying that when she got up when they were in myrtles bathroom the back of her skirt got caught and he saw her knickered covered bum and that made her the star of his first wanking fantacies, then they both go through the years takling about when they were checking each other out or feeling each other up, hugs during second year, Harry getting a feel of Hermiones bum in the shack and the ride on buckbeak, another flash of hermione during the second task the current raised her skirt and her shirt was white, to now and they decide to be together and when things get hot Hermione throws up a silencing charm and Harry uses a contraceptive charm on himself, tonks and Sirius told them they can't be tracked there, and hermiones charm fails and Hermione is very vocal so she attracts attention, Molly, Ron and Ginny want to stop them and Sirius finally buts his foot down so Sirius tells Molly and Dumbledore that Harry will have full disclosure about voldemort or they can get outand lets just say that things turn out better beacause of it.
This is one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me. To be asked specifically to write a story along a certain plot,...and this is one hell of a plot, is a real thrill.
As a carpenter, I frequently work 10-12 hour days. Being a widowed dad, means taking care of my daughter the rest of the time. I write when I have the time, and when I'm not to exhausted to do so.
I would like to keep this plot bunny in my 'pending file' so that someday soon, I may be able to give it the attention it truly deserves. In the meanwhile, I have some 37 stories in various stages of construction, including one five-chapter I'm polishing now, that have to be finished before I take on any new projects.
I wish I could give you a better answer.