Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch.12 Bitches and Talkers Get Stitches and Walkers

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

AR meets some not so friendly people out to ruin them.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-12-10 - Updated: 2008-12-10 - 1645 words - Complete

0Unrated
For once, I was having a dreamless sleep. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long.
“OW!” I yelped as I was shoved off the bed, “WHAT WAS THAT?!”
“Sorry,” Britt said, “It was the only was to get you up.” She was standing over me with Brandon and Shane.
As I sat up, I noticed Keith on the other side of the bed, grinning. I flipped him a birdy.
“So, why was it so important for me to wake up that I was pushed off my bed?” I glared at Keith.
“This.” Brandon was leaning over my radio. In the next second, the room was filled with music. I’d never heard this song before, yet it had a ring of familiarity to it.
“Wha-?” I began.
“Just listen.” Britt said, “The words, the tune. We’ll explain after.” She added, noticing my furiously confused look.
I listened. It talked about dreams and dreamers. A couple phrases were almost identical to Not So Sweet Dreams lyrics. The melody… bits and pieces were from a bunch of our songs. The song ended.
“What the hell was that?” I demanded.
“Save Your Regrets,” Britt said miserably.
“What?” I asked, “Come again?”
”New band.” Brandon explained, “Total cookie cutter dip shit.”
“Yeah, I noticed. Sounds a hell of a lot like our stuff.”
“Yep,” Keith nodded, “Can we kill those little faggots?”
”I’d love to,” I replied, “But we might get arrested.”
“I have no problem with that,” Keith growled.
“Yeah, but Pete might. And then he’d kill us. That’s worse than any other death.”
“Shhh…” We listened. It turned out that…
“Save Your Regrets' lead singer, Liz, is on air with us. How are you Liz?”
“I’m good, thanks.” A sickly sweet, yet fake, voice said.
“Now, no one has heard of you before this song. Is this your breakthrough?”
”We hope so. We’re working so hard on this album.”
“Right.” I commented, “Ok, we need to get over there. And lucky for us, this station is a local one. Shane, Brandon, let’s get going.”
They exchanged worried looks, that quickly turned into ones of determination.
Shane, Brandon, and I set off in Shane’s car. When we finally got to the station, I dialed the number we’d been given when we were on the show.
“Hello?” A voice said.
“Yes, hello,” I said in a voice that was trying so hard to be polite, “This is Alicia from Assisted Revenge. We heard you were interviewing Liz from Save Your Regrets, and I wanted to know if I could join in.”
“Um… Of course, but you’ll have to get here in the next ten minutes.”
“Oh, that’s fine. I’m already here.”
“Oh. Ok.”
I hung up and entered the station flanked by Brandon and Shane. They hung back as I entered the studio room where the show was.
“Well, we’ve got a surprise!” The host said, “Alicia from Assisted Revenge is here!”
”Hi,” I said, “When I heard Save Your Regrets' song, I knew I just had to come here.”
Liz shifted her weight, slightly losing a beat, and then her fake cheer came back.
“Well, I’m glad you liked it,” She said syrupy, “That means a lot.”
“Who said I liked it?” I fake joked, “But anyway, I was wondering, where do you get your lyrics from?”
“Um, you know, it just comes to me naturally.”
Really? How about your melodies?”
”Um…”
“Oh, darn, we need a break, and then we’ll get back to you two.” The host interrupted.
I got up, a smirk on my face; we had her. I exited the room and walked up to Brandon and Shane.
“Nice job,” Brandon smiled.
“Almost had her,” Shane added.
“Right,” A voice behind us, Liz’s, said. “Sure you did.”
“You know it.” I snapped, “I already knew where you got your lyrics and melodies from. Us.
“Good job!” She clapped her hands in mock cheer. “Now what?”
”We expose you, you whore.” I sneered.
“Have fun with that. How are you going to do that? Are you just going to go on air and say, ‘Liz stole my lyrics!’? Then you’ll sound totally fake and jealous.”
“Who in their right mind would like your music?”
“People who like your music. There is a slight similarity. Personally, my goal is to steal all your fans. Almost there.”
“Right. What parallel universe do you live in?”
“This one.”
”You know we could sue you because of copyright.”
“Do you even have enough money to sue?”
”You fucking b-“
“Guys, back in one minute! Come on!” The radio host said in his gay chipper voice.
If looks could kill, that chick would be dead.
I walked to the recording room, our BFF charade turned on. Introductions come, yada yada.
“Now Alicia, Assisted Revenge was recently praised as one of the most original bands. Now you’re being compared to Save Your Regrets. How do you feel about that?”
”Well it does sound a lot like our stuff.” I said, “Maybe they like, copied us or something.” Fake laughs.
“Its nice that you two get along so well.”
“Well, you never know, when the camera’s not looking.” Liz “joked.” Hardy har.
“Ha, yeah, one last question before you leave: Why do you guys make music?”
“Um.” Liz stammered.
“I’m interested to hear Liz’s view on that.” I smiled.
“For the fans,” not even an “um.” Damn, “Whatever they want to hear, we give them.”
”Really?” I said, “Because Assisted Revenge does it for the music. We won’t bend in order to get more fans. We stick to the music that we feel and like. Its based on feelings and emotions, not, ‘will our fans like this?’ But I’m not saying I don’t like our fans, cause I love them and wouldn’t trade them for anything.”
“Very good answers.” Goodbyes and crap.
“Round one to Alicia,” Brandon joked, “Great answer.”
”Yeah, it kicked ass.” Shane said.
“What-ev,” Liz yawned, “I’ll see you fuckers later, or maybe not, who knows?”
“Yeah, later, bitch.” I sneered.
On the way home I ranted about Liz. We also vowed to get revenge.
We decided to call Pete when we got home.
“Hello?” He answered.
“Hey, it’s Ass. Rev.” That was our little Decaydance code name.
“Heyy, what’s up?
”Well, I suppose you didn’t hear the radio thing.”
”No, I didn’t. Patrick did.” Speaker phone initiated.
“Ok, well, Save Your Regrets, what do you think of them?”
“I think they sound a hell of a lot like you. Almost too much.” Patrick said.
”Exactly. Copy cats.” I said, “Wow that’s weird to say.”
“Yeah.”
”But what can we do?”
“Law suit?”
”I don’t know if I’d want to take it that far.”
”Ok, this sounds so weird. But I’ve got a plan.”
And off we were.
The next week, we heard Save Your Regrets was using a recording studio in Chicago to record their new CD. One call, plan into action.
Shane quickly drove us their and parked behind a few familiar cars. We entered the studio and waited outside of their recording room, where they were recording tracks. Ugh.
They came out when they saw us. Liz, another girl, and three boys.
“What do you want?” Liz sneered.
“Just wanted to see if you would change your mind.” I smiled.
“On what?”
“Stealing our songs.”
”As though…”She faded out.
The towering figures of Gabe Saporta, William Beckett and the rest of their bands entered the room. Cassadee and Hey Monday, Alex and the Cab, Four Year Strong, Alex and Jack with All Time Low, Paradise and yesterday’s Apocalypse author’s note: Ok, little explanation. I was supposed to introduce you to them in a different chapter, but that chapter has been postponed and is in the process of being written. Paradise and Alicia met at Clandestine the summer before AR became famous, and they’ve been great friends since. The members of yA are on an academic tour, being a band is a side gig., Travis and We The Kings, and in the front, next to Gabe and William, Pete and Patrick.
“Bitch. Fucking attention Whore.” Paradise muttered loudly.
“Yeah, pretty much.” Cassadee nodded.
“Is this enough to convince you assholes not to steal song shit?” Pete said.
“Can we still bitch at you?” Liz glared at me.
“Sure, as long as your bitching has nothing to do with stealing our songs.” I said.
“You better start writing some new songs.” Gabe smirked.
“Bitch buddies,” Gaskarth laughed.
Round 2 to Decaydance and friends.


----
ok, hello. been gone, but its all good. i'm writing all for you. i have a new black parade is dead chapter i need to post, and i have a lotttt of AR stuff to type. Some stuff you won't believe. ha, i'll type as much as i can. i have a lot of hw. but, ok.
Liz and (i keep forgetting her bands name)Save Your Regrets are gonna be in a lot of the chapters to come. my friend Liz gave me the idea for a rival band, but the real Liz isn't a total bitch.
Also, gonna do a big thing for Christmas, more on that later.
Remember that hugee chapter I promised and never put up? Well with the resuming of FNMTV, Lyssa and I are gonna start that up. (yesterday's Apocalypse is Lyssa's fictional band.) We'll work on it once Christmas is over.
One last thing, Assisted Revenge now has a blog for the purpose of developing the characters and for you guys to not just see the big things, but the little.
thanks, and now i must do my global studies hw.
♥Alicia
Sign up to rate and review this story