Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Chemical Heart Will Go On

Chapter 3

by xoxofallenangelxoxo 0 reviews

Gerard and Alice leave for their new lives in America.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-12-11 - Updated: 2008-12-11 - 1277 words - Complete

0Unrated
The early morning sunlight filtered in through the window waking me gently with its warm rays. I blinked slowly as I came to. I stretched and yawned widely. Gerard groaned and mumbled something sleepily next to me. I chuckled as I looked down at his peaceful face. He groaned again and put his arms over his head.
"Dont laugh at meee!" He whined sleepily. I laughed again. He looked up at me and blinked sleep out of his eyes.
"Awww is someone sleepy?" I asked. He smiled and pulled me down so my head was in his lap and started stroking my hair. I sighed happily and closed my eyes.
"Don't go to sleep on me!" He said gently slapping my cheek. I frowned and looked up at him.
"What?" I asked innocently. He rolled his eyes.
"Come on. We better get ready" He said. I pouted, sticking out my bottom lip. Gerard chuckled and bent down and kissed it.
"Get up missy" He said pushing me off him.

"Okay.. here it is.." Gerard said excitedly pulling me by the hand round the corner. We came to an abrupt halt in front of the biggest thing I'd seen in my life. It was almost 200 feet high and nearly ten times in length. As my eyes moved slowly futher and further up to the top of the ship my jaw dropped. I heard Gerard's distant laugh from somewhere next to me and his hand gently lifted my lower jaw up, closing my mouth and snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Told you it was big" He said putting an arm around my waist. I nodded in agreement.
"What time are we leaving?" I asked. He quickly checked the wrist watch on his free right arm.
"About 2 hours. I got here early so we'd be able to get on without the huge crowds" He said. I smiled.
"Are we allowed to get on now?" I asked. He shook his head.
"I thought we could get some breakfast first. Are you hungry?" He asked. I nodded. He turned me away from the ship and we walked along past a small crowd of people already gathered to see the gigantic RMS Titanic ship.
Gerard held a door open for me at the entrance of a small cafe.
A waiter handed me a menu but as I looked down at the list of food to order I suddenly noticed I wasn't feeling hungry anymore. Gerard must have been feeling the same because when I quickly glanced at his face he was eyeing the list with the same distaste I knew my face must have looked like. He noticed me looking at him and chuckled.
"Just two coffees then?" He asked. I nodded in agreement and we smiled at eachother. The waiter arrived at that moment and took our orders, returning only minutes later with two white china cups and saucers full of steaming hot coffee. As me and Gerard sat sipping our cups we started to talk about what we were going to do as soon as we arrived in America.
"Well im going to go find my family first of all" He said. I frowned.
"You have family in America?" I asked. He nodded.
"I was born there silly!" He said shaking his head and laughing. I felt myself blush as it dawned on me.
"Wait.. so you moved here to England alone?" I asked. He nodded solemly.
"Why?"
Gerard shrugged "I guess for a little change of scenery. Like a big adventure"
"So who from your family is over there?" I asked.
"My mother, my father and my little brother"
"Oh yeah... Michael right?" I asked. He nodded.
"Do they know you're coming?"
"No. I was hoping to surprise them. I haven't seen them for 6 years"
"Six years??" He nodded again.
"I've been waiting for the right moment to return. Or for the right person.." He said shyly. I blushed as he giggled and kissed my cheek. We finished our coffees, paid and left. We walked back to the huge ship and I noticed the crowd of people had grown quite a bit.
"Can we get on now?" I asked.
"Yes. It's gonna be leaving here in.. 30 minutes"
"Wow... that quickly?" I asked. Gerard nodded (Wow..he sure nods a lot today! XD)
"Come on. Before we lose eachother" He said putting an arm round my shoulders and guiding me towards the metal stairs leading up to the ship deck. We joined a large line of people as we made our way up the steps. When we reached the top of the deck a man in a smart red waistcoat asked to see our tickets. There was a fleeting moment when Gerard was fumbling in his bag for the tickets when I saw our dreams ending before my very eyes. But a huge wave of relief swept over me when Gerard finally dug them out and handed them over. The man smiled at us and moved aside so we could get on. Another man appeared from nowhere and took our bags to our room as we stood on the deck looking down at all the people gathered around the ship. There were flashbulbs popping everywhere as people franctically took photos of the magnificent ship before it set sail on its voyage to America.
Slowly the top deck began to fill up with lots of people. Men, women and children everywhere. Before long the staff on the ship began getting the last people on the ship and bringing up the metal staircase. Then suddenly the engine roared into life and the ship began to hum and vibrate slightly. The crowds of people began shouting and waving their hats as the ship slowly began to move through the water, away from the docks. There were people shouting back and waving down at the people below. Some people were even crying! Gerard gently took my hand and pulled me over to the front of the deck. He pushed me right up against the metal bar so I could see out over the water. He slipped his arms around my waist and pulled me tightly against his warm body. I sighed and leant happily back against his chest.
"This is it" Gerard whispered in my ear.
"Yes. Our new lives. Together" I whispered back. He giggled and kissed my neck. Suddenly some people started shouting and pointing at something in the distance. I looked and suddenly noticed a boat speeding towards us. It was getting closer and closer and wasnt showing any signs of slowing down.
"Gee we're gonna hit that boat.." I said pointing at the steadily arriving boat. He frowned but shook his head.
"It'll move out of the way in time" He replied. But the boat began to get closer and closer, so close that I could see the people on board.
"Gee we're gonna crash!" I said louder now as other people began to get panicky and hysterical. Gerard didn't say anything but I could see his face looking anxious and his arms tightened around my waist. The ship shuddered slowly to a halt. Staff were running around telling people to calm down and not to worry, and apologising over and over for the delay. A bigger boat appeared out of nowhere and towed the escapee boat back to the docks.
An hour later the engines started up again and slowly, but surely, we continued on our journey.
"At least that disaster was avoided" I thought to myself as the boat gradually picked up speed.
Oh how wrong I was...



Welllllllllllllllllll??? I tried to make this one longer. Reviews please!!! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story