Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tell Me My Life

chapter four

by erinisavictim 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-12-14 - Updated: 2008-12-14 - 1149 words

0Unrated
do you know what a catalyst is? this chapter sort of functions like one, i guess, even though right now it's just gonna seem like filler lol

I was... adapting to life in Brendon's house. As far as I knew, william didn't visit often, and when he did it was for very short periods of time. i was able to gather from these short meetings that william was not enthusiastic about me being there, and that if he saw any other options he would surely take one of them. i could hardly disagree with him, as i missed my house and my family terribly, and felt awful for the state I knew they must have been in. but still, i was adapting.

meanwhile Brendon and I had developed a rather decent friendship. He facinated me, and he answered my curiosities gladly: the sunlight had no effect on him, his 'saliva' could heal any wound caused by a vampire instantly, and he never aged. he told me that some, like himself, were changed by having their bodies drained of blood by another vampire, while others, like william, were born into this life. upon my shy request, brendon even allowed me to touch the skin of his arm-- i was amazed at the cool temperature

I wondered about his eating habits a lot, but was too scared to ask. often i noticed that, while we spent much time in each other's company, or conversations were usually held from opposite sides of the room. from his reluctance to be physically close to me, i guessed that some of his blood lust must still remain, so i didn't oppose him keeping his distance.

february 15; katelynn

A group of cloaked, faceless figures was approaching a house. I watched from the street as the door opened easily and they entered. the poor family...

then my surroundings seemed to shift, and everything fell into place-- my house; the door was left open wide. my mother, i thought as i started moving. my father, my baby sister. i knew i was strong, stronger than most humans at least, but i was obviously outnumbered. still, i broke into a run, determined.

I stepped through the open door, into the living room. facing me, the line of cloaked terrors. at their feet, three pale, lifeless bodies.
"No," I whispered. then the smell of smoke...
"No!" I yelled this time, watching flames begin to engulf the room. "Please, stop!"
A laughing sound came from one of the figures, along with the grotesque sound of blood dripping from his hidden mouth.




I woke up screaming, drenched in sweat. and I wasn't alone.

"Katelynn? Katelynn, it's alright. just a dream, you're safe."
My screams turned to sobs as i realized where I was and who was holding me.
"Shh, katelynn," brendon muttered, rubbing my back softly. "You're okay, it was just a dream."
far too realistic a dream...
"my parents," i gasped into his chest. "my sister."
I was shaking violently. Brendon continued the soothing motion of his hand on my back.
"They're safe, katelynn. Andrew and Adam are both there, nothing can hurt them."

I waited a few minutes for his calming presence to take effect. sure enough, my shaking had soon subsided enought to speak clearly.
"I know. It just... Well, it scared me." Brendon pulled back enough to see my face, and I recognized a guilty expression on his.
"I understand. Of course you're scared, of course you would have nightmares. How could you not, with everything I've put you through? I am so very sorry."
"It's not your fault. But, do you think... when will I be able to go back?"
He hesitated, then answered softly. "I dont know. Not until we're sure you'll be safe there, though. God, I am so, so sorry Katelynn."
My stomach lurched a bit at this-- what if I never got to go back? But I swallowed that thought.
"Don't apologize, I don't blame you. It's not your fault, Bren," I repeated insistantly.

but he merely smiled sadly, lifing a hand to my damp hair and starting to brush the tangles out with his fingers.
"I could never justify letting you believe that," he whispered.
Caught off gaurd by his cool touch, I stayed silent.
"It's still early, I'll let you go back to sleep." He started to stand, and i found myself following.
"I'll get up. I wont be able to sleep again."
"You're tired, katelynn, you need to sleep."
"I'm not. Really, I'll be fine." I didn't want to tell him the real reason-- i was afraid. but of course he read it on my face. brendon stared at me thoughtfully for a moment.

"will you sleep if I... stay close?"
I felt my breath catch, and he smiled gently, taking it as a yes.
"come," he whispered. "Lay back down and relax. you're safe."
I obliged, unable to deny how safe I felt with him. Brendon settled, sitting up slightly against the headboard as least a foot away from me on the giant bed. I felt the drowsiness taking over instantly.

"bren?" i slurred.
"Hmm?"
"thanks."

brendon;

Although she slept, katelynn was restless. she muttered often, so i knew she was not sleeping in peace. eventually her helpless, innocent form got the best of me and, without having to think about it, i moved closer and wrapped my arms securely around her. her turning and muttering ceased instantly, and my frozen heart very nearly sang when she gave a sigh of content. It was wrong; William was right. This was so very wrong, but I'd never seen anything so perfect as the small smile that had stretched across her sleeping lips.

I waited until katelynn was awake to gently disentangle my arms and go to the kitchen to start her breakfast. I shouldnt have been surprised to be met with a furious glare from the figure at my kitchen table. I sighend heavily, swearing under my breath.

"William."
"have a nice night?" he asked sarcastically. A growl slipped from between my teeth in reply; william countered with a laugh.
"I tell you to stay away from her, and then I find you like this... what do you think I should do now?"
"Leave," I hissed. "She'll be out here soon."
William's eyes gleamed. "Then it would be rude to leave without saying hello, Brendon. And besides, I'm afraid it isn't you who delegates orders."

A week ago William Beckett had been my best friend; now I was fighting with the urge to wrap my fingers around his throat. He was right, though, I could not make him leave. What did he have in mind for katelynn, though? surely he wouldnt actually... hurt her. Not William-- he would never purposefully harm a human. Would he?

I nodded curtly to William and, as if on cue, katelynn stepped from the bedroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story