Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tell Me My Life

chapter three

by erinisavictim 1 review

be patient!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-12-13 - Updated: 2008-12-14 - 1404 words

0Unrated
february 8th; brendon

When William gives an order, we obey. Since I was the reason for all of this happening, I would be the one living with the burden of taking care of a human. His words, of course, William called her a burden.

"It's been agreed that I have the best... human accomodation, I suppose, so you'll be staying here if that's alright." I paused, thinking. "at least, for a while."
She nodded once, staring wide-eyed around the main room of my small house as if expecting an attack.
"You'll be safe here, Katelynn, so please don't worry."
She nodded again, and then yawned widely. I could have slapped myself for forgetting-- it was now nearing dark again, meaning that she'd been with us for nearly 24 hours and hadn't slept any of that time.
"Of course you're tired," I muttered, mostly to myself. Then to her: "My bedroom is this way." Her eyes followed my gesture to the door, but she didn't move.
"Where will you sleep?" Katelynn asked in a small voice. I was certianly glad to her her talk, finally, but reluctant to answer-- how fragile her mind must have been already!
"I-- or that is to say, we-- don't need to sleep. What we are.. doesn't require it." I shut my eyes, not wanting to see her reation on her face, but surprisingly when she spoke her voice was calm.
"Oh. Then why have a bedroom?"
"I didnt," I admitted, gesturing again toward the room. This time she walked slowly to the door. I followed close behind. "When I found out what William intened to do, I thought it best that I be... prepared. The bed, and all the bedding, I bought this morning."
I thought I'd kept it fairly minimal: a king sized bed, since I didn't know what she was used to. And solid white bedding, as I didn't know her colour preference. It surprised me when she gasped upon seeing the room.
"Wow, Brendon, you shouldnt have bought all this because of me."
I merely shrugged, unsure of what to say. "I'll let you sleep now, then, Katelynn."
She nodded in thanks and I turned to leave.

As soon as the door was closed, William was in front of me.
"very hospitable," he laughed.
I signed heavily. "It's the least I can do."
"not true," william stated, walking back to the kitchen and sitting at the table. I took the seat across from him. "you could have let her die."
I laughed bitterly at that. "if i'd gotten my way originally, she'd already be dead. it's you, william, who keeps coming to her rescue, and of that I'm a bit jealous."
William's hands crossed in front of him thoughtfully before he spoke next. "I'm glad you credit me. And while on the subject of me rescuing her, I'm going to have to suggest that you stay away from her."
"What?" i asked blankly. how was I to stay away from her when he's placed her under my care?
William's eyes narrowed. "you like her. Dont argue, I know you do. Admittedly, if she was dead we would have a lot less to worry about. But I doubt either of you would like that very much. In the spirit of keeping her alive, you will not get too close to her. an order, brendon."
eyes tight, lips pressed into an angry line, I nodded.

february 9th; katelynn

A noise near the end of the bed woke me up. Dont panic, I thought. Brendon said nothing-- and no one-- would hurt me here. Footsteps, and then silence. Carefully, I opened my eyes and looked around the room.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry." Brendon was leaning on the doorframe; i let out a breath of relief.
"dont worry about it," I said, sitting up. He looked thoughtful for a moment, and then moved to stand closer to me. I noticed that, now that some of my fear had succeeded, I could appreciate his looks more...
"I went out while you were sleeping, and bought everything you'll need-- toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and everything. I hope you dont mind, but I, er, took a quick tour of your house the other night, so it's all the same stuff that you had there."
Wow. Brendon Urie had walked through my house.
"Thanks a lot, of course I dont mind."
He just shrugged. "it's my fault you're here, I want you to at least be comfortable."
'Comfortable' was a bit of a stretch, I thought, but I wouldnt let him know that.
"I am. Thanks." I smiled, and he returned the gesture beautifully.
"Breakfast?" he asked brightly, making me take my eyes off his lips. "I also bought you some food, of course."
"Thank you," I couldnt stop thanking him. "breakfast sounds great." I stood and stretched.
"What would you like? I was a good cook when I ate human food, I think I can remember most of it."
"oh. you dont have to cook for me, I--"
"But I will." he spoke with finality. "while you get dressed. care to place an order?"
I smoothed my hair awkwardly. "just... anything is fine. Uhm, brendon? I dont exactly have any clothes." then, with a pang of embarassment, I realized that I was still wearing the clothes from the night I left with them. My shirt was wrinkled, and i felt dirty.
Brendon smirked. "you do. I like to think I have rather decent taste in clothes, so I hope you will find them suitable." he pointed to a mess of shopping bags at the foot of the bed, on the floor. "All the sizes should be right as well. I'll go get started on breakfast."
He left with a smile.

The clothes he bought me, I soon discovered, were simply fantastic. They were all beautiful, and all expensive. I was embarassed again, that he spent so much money on me. And everything else, as well-- as promised, when I went into the connected bathroom I found every one of the same products that I used at home. If anything, I thought, Brendon was thourough.

"You like your clothes?" Brendon asked as I entered the small kitchen. He handed me a steeming coffee cup.
"Love them, but Brendon... really, it's too much. you dont need to spend so much money on me." I blushed, already feeling uncomfortable in the designer shirt and jeans I knew I had on. But he laughed.
"Like I said before, I just want you to be comfortable," he pulled a chair out from the table, indicating that I should sit down. "And to be honest... money isn't really something I worry about, you know?"
He set a plate of food in front of me.
"Thanks. Oh right, you're like a famous musician, right?" I smiled as he sat across from me.
"something like that, yeah."
A question popped into my mind. "What about... the rest of your band? And William?"
"I was wondering when you'd ask that," Brendon laughed again. "You've probably heard of most of us. For the sake of sticking together, staying close, the Dandies decided that our lines of 'work' -- the human charade, not our actual jobs-- would need to be relatively connected. Last time we were all doctors and nurses, I guess we just decided to have a little fun this time. The entire 'Fueled by Ramen' label was created for us-- well, by us actually."
"So all of your are vampires?" I asked in awe.
Brendon nodded, smiling. "Surprised?"
"Very..." I muttered, turning my attention to my breakfast and starting to eat. Brendon watched quietly for a few minutes before speaking again.
"Sorry there's no meat, I really didn't think about it. Old habits, I suppose."
I hadn't even noticed, but that did bring about another question.
"It's not a problem. But can I ask you something about that?"
"Sure."
"Well... I thought you were a vegetarian, but..."
I couldnt phrase the question correctly, but he understood.
"But human blood doesn't really fit that diet, does it?"
"Exactly."
"That's an observant question. Many of us lived such lifestyles while we were humans, but were forced to stop once we were changed. Since the change was (obviously) nothing we could help, William agreed that we should be allowed to continue using the term."
"I see. So William is like... the leader?"
"Very much so."
Sign up to rate and review this story